George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 7 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 7 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 7 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 7 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 7 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 7 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 7 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 7 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 7 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive)

+69
chiki
mosaic
francis100
What Would He Say
Juliette Hardy
Carla97
Nicky80
minette
Mary-Lou
very vera
Dior
Picachu
pizza
ktsue2002
TURIGOL
aflower1325
LieutenantGEORGE.STOUT
Lt Cdr Georgie Stout
Barbara Garabedian
fava
theminis
cupcake
NotAvailable
Mazy
pattygirl
laetval
Pink Ice 1990
Cyteen
playfuldeb
flyingsolo
A(CUTE)-CASE-CLOONEYITIS
OofOof
amaretti
tzizz
Best in Category
Vi
cindigirl
Way2Old4Dis
party animal - not!
Lighterside
Lakin460
Ello
davidarochelle
bamboochacha
adgran
LornaDoone
lelacorb
Sirius12
watching
fluffy
Michelle meyers
macs
Cinderella
Natascha
alriv
zizi
lucy
silly girl
Maggy
Missa
Atalante
Duffy
melbert
it's me
Katiedot
Joanna
dakota007
73 posters

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 7 Empty Re: George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive)

Post by Dior Tue 05 Mar 2013, 21:12

pizza wrote:At 09 March 2013 I will go to the next casting. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Good luck for your casting!
When will you be in Berlin for MM and how many days will you work as an extra?
Dior
Dior
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 7 Empty Re: George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive)

Post by it's me Tue 05 Mar 2013, 21:22

OofOof wrote: Wow, he'll be in Europe until the end of June and then will go immediately into filming Tommorowland. So, either he's skipping Como this year, or only there for a few weeks before starting on the next film. Busy guy!

no editing? scratch
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Tue 05 Mar 2013, 22:39

OofOof wrote: Wow, he'll be in Europe until the end of June and then will go immediately into filming Tommorowland. Busy guy!

He hasn't acted in over a year and a half (last I can recall is Gravity shoot back in June 2011) . I think he would be thrilled to be working on set in front of and behind the camera rather than just producing.
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 05 Mar 2013, 22:45

but.... NO EDITING?!? Shocked
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Tue 05 Mar 2013, 22:46

He might edit in Como---doesn't he have a studio there?

Oh Daniel Craig is not in it according to a tweet by Bob Balaban

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 05 Mar 2013, 22:48

' then will go immediately '

impossible to have time to editing
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 05 Mar 2013, 23:17

Yep, SG, he does have an editing studio there, and has said previously, I think, that he's edited some of his films there in the summer, if not all

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 05 Mar 2013, 23:20

I'm guessing now that Matt Damon is playing James Rorimer. We'll see.

The book's author is VERY excited. @RobertEdsel

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 06 Mar 2013, 00:13

Yes he's been twitting a lot about it - just one example above
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Wed 06 Mar 2013, 01:24

Maybe Grant is taking on editing for MM, leaving George time to do the Tomorrowland movie? They're partners so would make sense. No?
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 06 Mar 2013, 01:52

Can't help thinking they'd do it together. According the imdb 'Tomorrowland' is 2014 - sounds suitably vague to me.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Wed 06 Mar 2013, 02:05

I am curious as to who is playing who. I am almost done with book and and trying to picture who the characters might be. Rorimer is a good choice for MD but I see him as a few others too. Hope they fill that in soon on IMDB.

GC has been "attached" to a few movies that never seem to have been filmed....so we'll see......

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 06 Mar 2013, 03:17

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 06 Mar 2013, 03:20

What!! No Daniel Craig - well then I'm not going to go see it!

They'd better rethink not casting him!!!

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Wed 06 Mar 2013, 03:25

Maybe he said no? You'll miss a good movie Lorna, all for one guy? Very Happy
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 06 Mar 2013, 03:35

Pretty please, always post the text, not just a link.

Picachu wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney and Matt Damon film in Potsdam
05/03/2013

Big star cast in Potsdam: George Clooney (51) and his friend Matt Damon (42) are of this week at Studio Babelsberg on camera. Even Bill Murray (62, "Lost in Translation") is already on the set of "The Monuments Men" - the film Oscar-winner Clooney co-produced with Studio Babelsberg in Potsdam. In the coming days Oscar winner Jean Dujardin are (40, "The Artist") and Cate Blanchett (43, "The Aviator") and John Goodman (60, "The Big Lebowski") will follow, shared studio spokesman Eike Wolf said on Tuesday.

After weeks of preparation, the first take of the film clappers is done, in which Clooney directs and also plays the main role. The script of the Oscar-winning co-wrote with Grant Heslov. It is based on the book by Robert M. Edsel and Bret Witter. By early July are many scenes are filmed at Potsdamer backlot. "We are also going to the Hartz in the region Goslar," Wolf said. Other locations will be the ruin of the old chemical plant in Rüdersdorf (Märkisch Oderland) Grabowsee at Oranienburg and the Berlin Administrative Court.

The story takes place at the end of World War II and tells the true story of one of the most spectacular treasure hunts: In a race against time, a team of art historians and museum curators to bring important art treasures to safety before they can destroy Hitler. (dpa)

George Clooney
Dreht mit Matt Damon in Potsdam
19:44 UHR | 05.03.2013 SCHRIFT + | -
Hollywood-Star George Clooney dreht seit dieser Woche in dem Potsdamer Studio Babelsberg. Ebenfalls vor Ort: Matt Damon.
Anzeige

George Clooney (Foto: Getty Images)
Großes Staraufgebot in Potsdam: George Clooney (51) und sein Freund Matt Damon (42) stehen seit dieser Woche im Studio Babelsberg vor der Kamera. Auch Bill Murray (62, „Lost in Translation“) ist schon am Set von „The Monuments Men“ – den Film produziert Oscar-Preisträger Clooney gemeinsam mit dem Studio Babelsberg in Potsdam. In den kommenden Tagen werden Oscar-Preisträger Jean Dujardin (40, “The Artist“) und Cate Blanchett (43, „Aviator“) sowie John Goodman (60, „The Big Lebowski“) folgen, teilte Studiosprecher Eike Wolf am Dienstag mit.

Nach wochenlangen Vorbereitungen ist die erste Klappe für den Streifen gefallen, bei dem Clooney Regie führt und zugleich die Hauptrolle spielt. Auch das Drehbuch hat der Oscar-Preisträger zusammen mit Grant Heslov geschrieben. Es basiert auf dem gleichnamigen Buch von Robert M. Edsel und Bret Witter. Bis Anfang Juli sollen zahlreiche Szenen auf dem Potsdamer Studiogelände gefilmt werden. „Wir gehen aber auch in den Harz in die Region Goslar“, sagte Wolf. Weitere Drehorte sollen die Ruine des alten Chemiewerks in Rüdersdorf (Märkisch-Oderland), Grabowsee bei Oranienburg und das Berliner Oberverwaltungsgericht sein.

Die Story spielt am Ende des Zweiten Weltkriegs und erzählt eine wahre Geschichte von einer der spektakulärsten Schatzsuchen: In einem Wettlauf gegen die Zeit versucht ein Team von Kunsthistorikern und Museumskuratoren bedeutende Kunstschätze in Sicherheit zu bringen, bevor Hitler sie zerstören kann. (dpa)
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Wed 06 Mar 2013, 08:41

Now that's better!!! I love George, but when push comes to shove, the beard has to go! It just makes him look sooooo old, and he's not! Just going slightly off topic, has anyone seen him since they began filming, if the beard has actually gone yet?
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 06 Mar 2013, 08:42

HI Fluffy, I have been looking throughout today but not yet found that elusive picture yet...
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by TURIGOL Wed 06 Mar 2013, 08:45

So, apparently, no shooting in France ??????

TURIGOL
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by macs Wed 06 Mar 2013, 09:48

Katiedot wrote:

love that thought !
By the way random question : does anybody know how much R. Esdel is involved in the script ? He seems to know what's going on, and happy about it. I'm just wandering if he's gonna get writting credit ? (maybe there's already an article about this somewhere... but my searching skills are pretty low this morning, I'm in need of more coffee.

OofOof wrote:Maybe Grant is taking on editing for MM, leaving George time to do the Tomorrowland movie? They're partners so would make sense. No?

I assume he even has an "editor" (is that what it's called ?). I suppose it really depends on their role as producers/director : does the producer gets generally involved in editing, or is it strictly the director's call ? Anybody knows ?

TURIGOL wrote:So, apparently, no shooting in France ??????
Looks like it. At the same time it makes sense : the french part is most of all set in 2 museums (the louvre and the jeu de paume), and they would have an easiest shoot while reconstructing them in studio than shooting on location ! (given the area and the transformations since then ...)
macs
macs
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive) - Page 7 Empty temp thread please dont post

Post by Katiedot Wed 06 Mar 2013, 10:23

fluffy wrote:Now that's better!!! I love George, but when push comes to shove, the beard has to go! It just makes him look sooooo old, and he's not! Just going slightly off topic, has anyone seen him since they began filming, if the beard has actually gone yet?

theminis wrote:HI Fluffy, I have been looking throughout today but not yet found that elusive picture yet...
I think he hasn't shaved it yet. He said it was needed for the final scenes of the film which they're going to film first so they may not have finished filming yet.

Now waiting for pictures to prove me wrong in 3, 2, 1 . . .

ps: I moved both of your posts to this thread
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 06 Mar 2013, 10:38

I'm sure it's pronounced the French way, but in my mind, I'm reading it as "de-splat!"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Alexandre Desplat Scoring George Clooney's WWII Tale 'The Monuments Men'

NEWS BY KEVIN JAGERNAUTH

MARCH 5, 2013

Already a movie we're predicting to be a Best Picture contender next year, George Clooney (fresh from his Oscar win as a producer on "Argo") begins production in Germany today on his World War II tale "The Monuments Men." The press release confirmed the cast that includes Clooney, Matt Damon, Bill Murray, Cate Blanchett, Jean Dujardin, Bob Balaban, Hugh Bonneville and John Goodman, but it also included another tidbit, which is yet more reason to get excited for the movie.

Alexandre Desplat has been revealed as the composer for "The Monuments Men," and will be scoring the film. Ever busy, Desplat had an insane 2012 with his work appearing in awards contenders "Argo" and "Zero Dark Thirty" (he was Oscar nominated for the former), "Moonrise Kingdom," "Rust And Bone," "Rise Of The Guardians," Matteo Garrone's "Reality" and the biopic "Renoir." And for 2013, his music is already expected for Lee Daniels' "The Butler" and Wes Anderson's "Grand Budapest Hotel" (which won't be released until 2014, but still). So the odds on Desplat getting a sixth Oscar nod? Pretty good.

Desplat and Clooney are no strangers, with the conductor scoring the Clooney produced "Argo"and "Syriana," as well as the Clooney directed "The Ides Of March."

To refresh your memory, "The Monuments Men" tell the true story of a World War II platoon, tasked by FDR with going into Germany to rescue artistic masterpieces from Nazi thieves and returning them to their rightful owners. The group, made up of seven museum directors, curators, and art historians found themselves in a race against time to avoid the destruction of 1000 years of culture, and they would risk their lives to protect and defend mankind’s greatest achievements. Yeah, you can smell the musk of Oscar all over this thing.

"The Monuments Men" will shoot until June and open on December 18th.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Wed 06 Mar 2013, 10:42

George Clooney's The Monuments Men Starts Filming
Source: Columbia Pictures
March 5, 2013

Columbia Pictures and Twentieth Century Fox announced today that The Monuments Men, a Smokehouse production directed by and starring George Clooney, has started production in Berlin, Germany. The action-thriller is written by Clooney & Grant Heslov, based on the book by Robert M. Edsel with Bret Witter. Clooney and Heslov also produce the film through their Smokehouse Productions. It is their first production since winning the Academy Award for Best Picture for their work on Argo. Barbara A. Hall is executive producer. The Monuments Men is a co-production with Germanys Siebente Babelsberg Film GmbH, a subsidiary of Studio Babelsberg AG. Charlie Woebcken, Christoph Fisser and Henning Molfenter serve as co-producers. Sony Pictures will release the film domestically, with Twentieth Century Fox handling international territories.

The all-star cast includes Clooney, Matt Damon, Bill Murray, Cate Blanchett, Jean Dujardin, Bob Balaban, Hugh Bonneville, and John Goodman.

Based on the true story of the greatest treasure hunt in history, The Monuments Men focuses on an unlikely World War II platoon, tasked by FDR with going into Germany to rescue artistic masterpieces from Nazi thieves and returning them to their rightful owners. It would be an impossible mission: with the art trapped behind enemy lines, and with the German army under orders to destroy everything as the Reich fell, how could these guys seven museum directors, curators, and art historians, all more familiar with Michelangelo than the M-1 possibly hope to succeed? But as the Monuments Men, as they were called, found themselves in a race against time to avoid the destruction of 1000 years of culture, they would risk their lives to protect and defend mankinds greatest achievements.

Clooneys crew on The Monuments Men includes director of photography Phedon Papamichael, ASC, Oscar-nominated production designer Jim Bissell, Academy Award-winning editor Stephen Mirrione, A.C.E., costume designer Louise Frogley, and five-time Oscar nominated composer Alexandre Desplat.

The Monuments Men continues filming in Germany and the United Kingdom through the end of June. It is scheduled for domestic release on December 18, 2013.

Link
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 06 Mar 2013, 12:46

through the end of June?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Wed 06 Mar 2013, 13:55

Thanks Katie & themisis, you never know we might see him over in the Uk and beardless!!!!!! Cheers ladies!!
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Wed 06 Mar 2013, 14:31

At the Babelsberg film studios have begun filming the new movie by George Clooney

Charming New Babelsberg
Potsdam - No, a Nespresso machine, he has not brought. But even without the capsule coffee George Clooney is up to operating temperature: In the Babelsberg film studios have begun filming for "The Monuments Men". Clooney himself wrote the screenplay, directed and also stands as the main character on camera.

Nearly every day he comes out of Berlin-Mitte, where it is housed in the elegant apartment house "Soho House", in the film city. He has rented offices. "He greets everyone and eat it with the team," says a colleague at the studio. In handling the graying heartthrob was very unpretentious.

From the shooting itself, meanwhile, is not much to look at. Discretion is the top priority at the site: "A day of filming for a movie like this will cost around € 800 000, there are 600 people at work," says Eike Wolf, spokesman for the studios. "And wishing to bring any attention to themselves as possible." But should also provide its own security service that the Clooney Crew has flown.

"It's like in the auto industry," says Eike Wolf. "As manufacturers also want to talk only about their new models, when they are finished." And so only the sign at the entrance gate to confirm the August-Bebel-Straße, know what all long: "In Production: The Monuments Men".

Not even the residents of the studios have noticed that they recently have a Hollywood star on the doorstep. "If I had not seen it on TV, I would not know it," said a businessman. "I go here often while walking, but I noticed nothing special," said a lady who was performing her brown dog. And for the studio caretaker all the fuss with the big cars and the famous faces is already everyday business: "I look there no longer even go so well."

Here, the studios have really flat out for the new Clooney Strip. With the support of craftsmen from the region, they have recreated in the workshops not only mine, but also parts of the Aachen Cathedral. In addition, the now legendary outdoor set "Berlin Street" rebuilt - it stands with its back to the street opposite the Stahnsdorfer Lindenpark. Set in the same time created the movie "The Book Thief", which is also set during the Second World War.

Clooney's film, however, based on historical facts. The template is the book by two American authors. In "The Monuments Men" tell Robert M. Edsel and Bret Witter, the story of an exceptional Allied Special Forces: Nearly 350 scientists and art experts fahndeten last year of the war in Europe after the war booty the Nazis - always in a race against Hitler's destruction. More than five million works of art were able to preserve the "savior of cultural treasures."

On the cinematic realization of the historical thriller half Hollywood is involved. Besides Clooney friend Matt Damon (Bourne Trilogy) are also Bill Murray ("Lost in Translation"), the Oscar-winner from last year, Jean Dujardin ("The Artist") and Cate Blanchett ("The Aviator") and John Goodman stand ("The Big Lebowski") on camera.

By early July in Babelsberg are many scenes are filmed. "We are also going to the region Goslar," says Eike Wolf. In the Lower Saxon town is coming Saturday also give another casting: At the 2000 extras are still being sought. In early January, it had been one of the backlot at Babelsberg. More than 3500 men from Berlin and Brandenburg have your name included in the pool of the extras: "The people are now engaged as needed for the individual days of shooting," says Eike Wolf.

Apart from the studios in Babelsberg should be rotated in the ruins of an old chemical plant in Rüdersdorf (Märkisch Oderland), and in Grabowsee at Oranienburg and Berlin. If all goes to plan, can "The Monuments Men" in December to start in the American cinema - in time for the Academy Awards in early 2014. (By Ulrich Wangemann and Martin cooper)

Clooney builds own Cathedral

George Clooney turns in Babelsberg his new film.

For George Clooney (51), nothing is impossible. And if the Hollywood Beau wants the Aachen Cathedral in Babelsberg, he'll get him!

In several weeks of work left the movie studio replicate parts of the temple. Even the outdoor set "Berlin Street" was expanded in time for the start of filming. Monday was the first take of "The Monuments Men". The film is about a special unit of the Allies, who has tracked down in World War II by the Nazis hidden treasures. Front of the camera high-caliber as Daniel Craig, Matt Damon and Cate Blanchett. Thus Clooney is among film connoisseurs already trading hot for the next Oscars.
laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Wed 06 Mar 2013, 14:35

Front of the camera high-caliber as Daniel Craig, Matt Damon and Cate Blanchett. Thus Clooney is among film connoisseurs already trading hot for the next Oscars.

Ok now they're mentioning Daniel Craig here in this blurb about the Cathedral...I DO hope he's still attached to this film. I wish we could confirm that.
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Wed 06 Mar 2013, 14:52

But according to Bob Balaban who is actually filming the movie he isn't in it. Guess we will wait and see.

So many articles that contradict each other.

I really am anxious to see how the script goes....

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 06 Mar 2013, 16:31

Just found this latest news.....shame !!

'Monuments Men': Daniel Craig Out, Matt Damon In For George Clooney's New Movie

FOLLOW: George Clooney, Video, Daniel Craig, Monuments Men, Monuments Men Casting, Monuments Men Daniel Craig, Monuments Men George Clooney, Monuments Men Matt Damon, Entertainment News

Daniel Craig isn't co-starring in George Clooney's star-studded new film "Monuments Men" after all.

Craig was first attached to the project after Deadline.com reported his involvement late last year, but according to co-star Bob Balaban he's out and was replaced in the cast by Matt Damon.

@BobBalaban
Bob Balaban
“@flover63: Is D Craig still attached to The Monuments Men? There's no mention of him in latest news.” DC isn't in MM Matt Damon is.
March 5, 2013 10:14 pm via Twitter for iPhone Reply Retweet Favorite
Whether Damon is playing the role initially earmarked for Craig is unclear. The removal of Craig from the call sheet, however, makes the cast of "Monuments Men" no less impressive: In addition to Clooney and Damon, the film stars Bill Murray, Jean Dujardin, John Goodman and Cate Blanchett. "Monuments Men" focuses on a group of art historians on the hunt for artwork stolen by the Nazis.

"I'm excited about it," Clooney said to TheWrap in December of 2011. "It's a fun move because it could be big entertainment. It’s a big budget, you can’t do it small -- it’s landing in Normandy.”

"Monuments Men" began film this week and is set for release at the end of 2013. It's already on the short list of possible Oscar contenders at the 86th annual Academy Awards, but we won't bore you with 10-month early speculation.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 06 Mar 2013, 20:25

I visited Bing and it seems George is taking some flack from the posters there for "outsourcing" casting jobs to Germany and not filming in US.

Here's a quote:
'Typical liberal Hollywood, be American, vote for tax hikes, help elect a liberal president, but take jobs out of America and give money to another country. Doesn't help the American film industry unions or workers. I thought the Dems were pro-union?'
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 06 Mar 2013, 20:50

Oh dear. So the fact that this all took place in Germany, becos MM is based on fact, and that means that it's being filmed on location doesn't count?

Maybe they would prefer it if the production team recreated Neuschwanstein at, say Disneyworld, too!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 06 Mar 2013, 21:10

party animal - not! wrote:Oh dear. So the fact that this all took place in Germany, becos MM is based on fact, and that means that it's being filmed on location doesn't count?

Maybe they would prefer it if the production team recreated Neuschwanstein at, say Disneyworld, too!

It's just typical of the small minded people who post on those forums and
like to be negative about anyone successful, IMO

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 06 Mar 2013, 21:22

Piers Morgan had some very good Red Carpet interviews on CNN. He brought a slightly different perspective to things...........he seems to be upsetting the gun lobby a lot, but getting support from quite a few folk at the Oscars

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Wed 06 Mar 2013, 22:01

Just finished the book. Fascinating story. I hope he can do justice to the material.....I have my doubts.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Wed 06 Mar 2013, 22:07

So agree Silly Girl! I thought Argo was wonderful and I hope he does this more in that vein and less like Ides. Ides was an okay movie but seemed less well written and it just kind of fizzled in the middle and never regained it's pop by the end. So many movies today do that and Argo was a refreshing change! I hope there's none of the tongue in cheek stuff he loves either! I think he needs to do a comedy with Tina and Amy and then he could use all those fart jokes etc. to his heart's content!
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Wed 06 Mar 2013, 22:26

Yes a comedy .

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 06 Mar 2013, 22:31

So who's playing Harry Ettlinger, girls? I hope he's able to see the film when it's finished. Wonder how many of the others are still around

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 06 Mar 2013, 23:15

Sorry Bond lovers, but not the least bit fazed that Daniel Craig may not be in MM. Hes acting is okay but I find him a little freaky - would have liked to see John Malcovich in a role, hes freaky in the best kind of way. My 3 year old snuck into our bedroom with a glue stick and instead of damaging my husbands many car magazines on the night-stand he glued my copy of Monuments Men together - hoping thats not a bad omen for the movie! He also ate half the glue stick, lucky its not that toxic. This is what happens in my house when I need to shower!
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 06 Mar 2013, 23:43

Ah.........but is he stuck to a Monuments Man?!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 07 Mar 2013, 01:28

HA HA - PAN - next time I think I will glue him to the wall so that I can shower in peace.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 07 Mar 2013, 05:37

LOOL poor kid!!!! tongue
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 07 Mar 2013, 06:02

Ok, let's not get too off topic here, please
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 07 Mar 2013, 06:03

ok
no pics so far?

can someone of us go right there? Cool
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 07 Mar 2013, 06:51

Where's Natascha? Oi, you! Sneaky
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 09 Mar 2013, 10:48

Cate Blanchett and Bill Murray are in Berlin now, according to Frenchiesfans...............photos on Isopix and Bild. Will post in a mo

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 09 Mar 2013, 13:44

Okay. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Sat 09 Mar 2013, 14:06

OofOof wrote:Maybe Grant is taking on editing for MM, leaving George time to do the Tomorrowland movie? They're partners so would make sense. No?

Why are you so set on the fact that Tomorrowland will commence immediately following MM? There hasn't been any indication that that is the case, no schedule for Tomorrowland has been announced yet.
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 09 Mar 2013, 15:08

party animal - not! wrote:Okay. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I got "page not found" on this link party ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sat 09 Mar 2013, 15:15

If you go to the Bild.de website you can see it---click on "entertainment". For some reason copying is an issue. I couldn't even click through the photos.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sat 09 Mar 2013, 15:17

I'm not SET on him starting Tomorrowland after MM Lighter, in all the articles about Tomorrowland, they indicate that is the case and several of the people on this thread kept bringing it up. Others kept asking so I was simply suggesting that perhaps he could do both. Sorry if it seemed to irritate you Lighter!
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next