I forgot my password

Latest topics
Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive)

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive)

Post by Joanna on Tue Nov 06 2012, 11:57

In Leatherheads George had the leading role as well as directing.
I enjoyed that film very much but apparently some George Clooney fans on this forum didn't like it.

Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney to Direct, Star In 'Monuments Men' About Stolen Nazi Art (Exclusive)

Post by party animal - not! on Tue Nov 06 2012, 12:07

Hi, Macs. Yep, GC was the lead in 'Leatherheads', and of course a fairly large part in Ides as well(!).

Wonderful factual book, isn't?

I'm going to give some guesses on the casting, so help me out......

George Stout - Our Hero

James Rorimer - Daniel Craig

Rose Valland - Cate Blanchett

John Goodman - Reichsmarshall Goring maybe?

Hugh Bonneville - Major Balfour?

Jean Dujardin - Jacques Jaujard

Not sure about others yet. Have a feeling there'll be more casting announcements shortly. Ten leading characters in all - wondering about Daniel Radcliffe, Corey Montieth. Any thoughts?

party animal - not!
Zip a dee Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! on Tue Nov 06 2012, 12:08

Yes, Jo. I loved 'Leatherheads' too. Great fun - and very Clooney!

party animal - not!
Zip a dee Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside on Tue Nov 06 2012, 13:23

Joanna wrote:In Leatherheads George had the leading role as well as directing.
I enjoyed that film very much but apparently some George Clooney fans on this forum didn't like it.

I thought it was well done Joanna and I laughed myself silly with some of the "bits" he put in ...especially that fight...that was a riot! Not for everyone, I guess, since it was definitely "dated" and certainly geared a bit toward slapstick comedy, which not everyone appreciates.

Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Tue Nov 06 2012, 17:50

Golly gosh...three fans of it then. Coolio

I'm looking forward to Monuments Men but it seems a long way off.

Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert on Wed Nov 07 2012, 01:49

4, except for that woman!!!!! hahahahaha

I am looking forward to Monuments Men too!

melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Pink Ice 1990 on Fri Nov 16 2012, 16:36

I like the sound of this one, can't wait until they start filming! It has been a bit weird going a year without George (onscreen).

As far as Leatherheads, I enjoyed it, as I wanted him and Renee to do a movie together and was thrilled when I heard she was going to co-star with him. The problem I had with the movie though, is there wasn't enough of him and Renee together onscreen, considering it was supposed to be a romantic comedy too.

Pink Ice 1990
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa on Fri Nov 16 2012, 23:21

I had really high hopes for Leatherheads, and enjoyed a lot of the one liners in it. I'm not a huge Renee fan, and I think George went a little too 'muggy' with some of the slapstick, so it's not one of my favorites. I'm really looking forward to Monuments and Gravity!

Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof on Fri Nov 16 2012, 23:28

Not a fan of slapstick so have to admit I didn't like Leatherheads much. But I watched it like a good little fan. Can't wait for Monuments. Got the book recently and it's great. Gravity, I'm not sure of. But will give it a chance! Just want to see him on some big screen, or little, sooner than later.

OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Sat Nov 17 2012, 06:10

better behind! Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl on Fri Nov 30 2012, 02:45

Ok I am feeling really silly (pun intended) ----all this time I have been "reading" the title as Monuments OF Men----- I don't know why when I read it I keep seeing an "Of" ....so silly.... Embarassed

oh and I wanted to like Leatherheads but it fell flat for me....this looks promising though....

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl on Tue Dec 04 2012, 21:50

This should be a nice reunion:

Matt Damon Joins Monumental Cast Of George Clooney’s Next Film

EXCLUSIVE: Matt Damon is negotiating to join The Monuments Men, the period drama that George Clooney will direct in January in Europe as a co-production between Sony Pictures and 20th Century Fox. Damon joins what continues to be shaping up as an amazing cast. Besides Damon and Clooney, the film will star Skyfall‘s Daniel Craig, Bill Murray, Cate Blanchett, The Artist’s Jean Dujardin, Argo‘s John Goodman, Hugh Bonneville and Bob Balaban. Clooney and Damon did the Ocean’s Eleven movies together and Syriana.

The drama, which was scripted by Clooney and partner Grant Heslov, confronts the final chapter of Germany’s rule, which came down to the absolute destruction of everything that makes a culture keep its standing, including the lives that are lost and the sacrifices that are made. All of this is in danger of being lost forever as Hitler and the Nazis try to cover the tracks of a murderous regime. A crew of art historians and museum curators unite to recover renown works of art that were stolen by Nazis before they are destroyed.

Heslov is producing through their Smokehouse banner. Alexandre Desplat is doing the score, and the crew is the same as from the Ben Affleck-directed Argo, which Clooney and Heslov produced and Desplat scored. Damon will next be seen in the Oscar-bait Gus Van Sant-directed Promised Land, which Damon and co-star John Krasinski wrote together, and which Focus Features releases wide January 4 after an Oscar qualifying run later this year. Damon is repped by WME.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Tue Dec 04 2012, 22:34

in January ???
wasn't it later?

it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Tue Dec 04 2012, 23:32

Thanks for the info silly girl...what a fabulous collection of males !

Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category on Wed Dec 05 2012, 08:08

Sounds like a good team.

January is in 4 weeks.

Best in Category
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Wed Dec 05 2012, 09:27

wasn't it March or something...?

it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof on Wed Dec 05 2012, 16:03

It's Me, I think the January release was meaning Matt Damons new movie with JK. Supposed to be released Jan. 4?

OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Wed Dec 05 2012, 16:49

Yes, Matt Damon's next film is being released in January.

Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Wed Dec 05 2012, 17:45

ah
ok

it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Fri Dec 07 2012, 05:17

Matt Damon Jokes About Being Directed By George Clooney: ‘It’s Not Going To Be Any Fun At All’

First Published: December 5, 2012

NEW YORK, N.Y. --

Matt Damon will fall under the direction of George Clooney in the upcoming World War II film, “The Monuments Men,” but the actor isn’t sure about working with his fellow thespian.

“It’s not going to be any fun at all,” Matt joked with Access Hollywood, at Tuesday night’s “Promised Land” premiere in New York City, referring to the news that George will be directing him in his next movie.

“No, I’m obviously really excited,” Matt continued. “It’s a really terrific project and so I’m obviously looking forward to it.”

The actor heads into the thriller having just completed – and last night premiered — his newest box office offering – “Promised Land,” with John Krasinski, which opens January 4, 2013 in theaters.

Matt and John wrote the film about Steve, a gas executive, who heads to his old home town to buy up the rights to the underground gas, just as Dustin (John) kicks off an environmental campaign to stop it.

Writing with someone other than his “Good Will Hunting” script co-writer, Ben Affleck, actually wasn’t that hard. Matt said he and John were able to find an honesty with each other while penning the script.

“You have to have a real shorthand with somebody you write with. You have to not be afraid to throw ideas out there and you have to not be afraid to be wrong. And if you can kind of lose all the diplomacy — which is really kind of a waste of time — and just be able to be brutally [honest] with one and other, you can get to the answer a lot quicker,” Matt said. “There’s a lot of humor involved and a lot of laughter and we just — the script just kept getting better and better and it really did remind me of writing with Ben.”

Matt calls finding that magic again in the “Promised Land” writing experience,luck.

“I’ve been so lucky. I’ve had two of the best ones I could have ever asked for in two script attempts, so that’s pretty great,” he said.

-- Jolie Lash

Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl on Fri Dec 07 2012, 19:48

Box office MoJo gives a premier date of 12/20/13.....

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy on Fri Dec 07 2012, 20:55

This one is just getting better and better, what a cast gives us all something to look forward to in film by GC.

lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert on Sat Dec 08 2012, 01:59

Well, with all that star power, he BETTER allow photogs on the set so we can follow the progress of the filming!

melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Sat Dec 08 2012, 10:29

found that

it seems a bit complicated...

it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Sat Dec 08 2012, 10:46

Hurry up and finish the film George...I can't wait to see it !

Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! on Sat Dec 08 2012, 10:46

It certainly is! Can imagine script writing with the map on the wall full of post-its.............

And the book follows all these threads - you really have to concentrate. But honestly the map helps.

party animal - not!
Zip a dee Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Sat Dec 08 2012, 10:48

it's me wrote:found that

it seems a bit complicated...

Well done IM.....that's an interesting web site Thumbs up!

Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Sat Dec 08 2012, 10:51

thanks Jo
ciao Hello!

it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert on Sat Dec 08 2012, 16:11

Thanks It's Me. I went to some of those places when I was in Germany! Cool!

melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone on Sun Dec 09 2012, 01:29

Katiedot wrote:Yes, Matt Damon's next film is being released in January.

I'm going to a screening of it this week. If there's anything interesting I'll post it.

Wait, what am I saying Matt's going to be there that's interesting enough for me! Very Happy

LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert on Sun Dec 09 2012, 05:53

Yay Lorna! Take gooooood notes!

melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval on Sun Dec 30 2012, 13:10

George Clooney, the Hall-of fright Potsdam

That George Clooney wants (51) shoot his new film in Berlin and Brandenburg, has long been no secret. From its set-visits the Hollywood star always makes a secret. That had to Potsdam Mayor Jann Jakobs (59, SPD) experienced firsthand.

Clooney visited in late October of Jacob 'headquarters, the New Town Hall in Potsdam Friedrich-Ebert-Strasse, a potential location for his movie "The Monuments Men". But landlord Jacob found out after, as Clooney had long abgedüst again!

Here, the Hollywood star was during the visit "very nice and friendly," as Sigrid Sommer, head of the city marketing the "Potsdamer Latest News" told. Clooney was interested in the library administration and some hallways. And Sigrid Sommer was the first did not believe it.

They had just come back from holiday, as Clooney heralded. "I have not only taken seriously," she said. "Then I said, 'Yeah, okay. And what do we do now? "Remain best loose. Clooney, who came in jeans and vorbeigeschlufft Sweaterjacke is always always under time pressure. Like him, the Potsdam office building has fallen, he has not betrayed by the way. SKA

laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Sat Jan 05 2013, 00:38

Movie Talk George Clooney

found on

thanks! Very Happy

it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy on Sat Jan 05 2013, 01:59

Thanks, IM.

Loved the vid.

Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi on Sat Jan 05 2013, 06:22

thx for the vid it's me

Vi
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Sat Jan 05 2013, 12:26

Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Sat Jan 05 2013, 16:28

I think the video embeds:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone on Sat Jan 05 2013, 16:57

Katiedot wrote:I think the video embeds:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

I'm getting a notice that says the owner has not given you permission to embed this video.

LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Sun Jan 06 2013, 09:11

Yep, same here. I can't even view it on the link either. Oh well.

Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Sun Jan 06 2013, 10:45

I can watch it here OK.....

Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside on Sun Jan 06 2013, 15:30

It works for me too...I just opened the link Joanna provided.

Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert on Sun Jan 06 2013, 15:42

Super Girl Joanna comes to the rescue again!

melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl on Sun Jan 06 2013, 16:00

What a great interview! George looked delicious, as usual.

pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy on Sun Jan 06 2013, 18:39

Thanks for the wonderful video link.

Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Sun Jan 06 2013, 18:57

guess delicious is the right word Very Happy Razz

it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl on Tue Jan 08 2013, 13:54

Interesting article about costumes:

Scottish vintage clothing company to dress Hollywood stars for World War II blockbuster

By CRAIG BROWN
Published on Monday 31 December 2012 00:00

A SMALL Scottish vintage clothing manufacturer is set to dress some of Hollywood’s hottest stars for a new Second World War blockbuster.

Galashiels-based clothing designer Aero Leather has been commissioned to come up with period jackets for Hollywood A-lister George Clooney for the film The Monuments Men.

“It’s set in the 1940s, and they want us to recreate the jacket that the main character will be wearing,” said company founder Ken Calder. “We were approached by their costume department to do it.”

Mr Calder said that filmmakers had a habit of altering the original designs of period jackets for fashion’s sake, but that on this occasion they had wanted something faithful to the period.

He said: “They didn’t want to mess with the styling, which is often the problem – for instance, like the designs in The Aviator and Memphis Belle – and the jacket turns out nothing like it was meant to, and it just looks a fiasco.

“On this occasion though, they wanted to keep it faithful, so this is perfect for what we do.”

Mr Calder said that it was also likely the company would be producing a similar piece for Clooney’s co-star Daniel Craig, although that deal was yet to be finalised.

Prototypes of the A-2 flight jacket will be made up before the screen jackets are produced – though it is unlikely that the stars will turn up in Galashiels for a fitting, instead just sending their measurements.

The film, set for release next year, tells the story of a group of art experts – called the Monuments Men – chosen by the US government, who risked their lives scouring Europe to retrieve artwork stolen by the Nazis.

Co-written and directed by Clooney, the movie is based on the book The Monuments Men: Allied Heroes, Nazi Thieves, and the Greatest Treasure Hunt in History by Robert M Edsel.

It follows the 11-month period between D-Day and VE Day, during which the group worked behind enemy lines and were often unarmed.

Clooney and Craig head a star-studded cast, which includes Matt Damon, Cate Blanchett, Bill Murray, John Goodman, Hugh Bonneville and French actor Jean Dujardin, who won an Oscar for his role in The Artist.

A-2 jackets have a cult following around the world, with aficionados collecting the many styles and fittings that were produced over the decades.

Aero specialises in producing jackets using pre-war tanning processes and types of leathers such as horsehide that give them a distinctive vintage character and colour.

Craig is already known to be a fan of Aero, along with House star Hugh Laurie and rapper Puff Daddy.

Mike Sicoli, co-founder of FilmJackets.com, a website devoted to cataloguing and sourcing jackets worn by actors in movies, said: “Film, and the wardrobe that popular and even unpopular actors wear, has been a huge influence on fashion as far back as James Dean’s red windbreaker in Rebel Without A Cause, and Marlon Brando’s leather motorcycle jacket in The Wild One.”

FilmJacket.com co-founder Rick Theriault, agreed: “The overall look of a character speaks to people more than anything, and they want to emulate part, or all, of the character’s wardrobe and assimilate it into their own style. Even if a film does poorly, it is not uncommon for people to ask about a jacket that a character wore.”

Mr Theriault said that to benefit financially from the appearance of their designs in a film, the company has to market the jacket properly.

But Mr Calder said while being associated with Hollywood A-listers was not bad for business, he was loath to advertise on the back of it.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Tue Jan 08 2013, 14:03

Good find silly girl....thanks.

Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl on Tue Jan 22 2013, 18:13

Looking for extras!:

George Clooney takes thousands Berlin for new film
The Hollywood star turns his new film in Babelsberg. Therefore, the filmmaker seeks thousands of extras and around Berlin.

22/01/13, 18:40 FILM SHOOT
George Clooney takes thousands Berlin for new film
The Hollywood star turns his new film in Babelsberg. Therefore, the filmmaker seeks thousands of extras and around Berlin.

Photo: AP

George Clooney already has an office in Potsdam.
In March, the start filming his new movie
This is the chance to stand with Oscar winner George Clooney on camera: For his film "The Monuments Men" look of Hollywood star, who is also director and producer, thousands of extras.

We are looking especially for men between 18 and 50 years from Berlin and environment, said the extras agency "movie faces" on Tuesday. The first casting is already this Saturday (26.1.) Start at Potsdam. "None of the candidates may have dyed hair or gesträhnte, also they should also be rather slim, visually fit into the time of World War II," said agency chief Johanna Ragwitz.

In early March start shooting in Babelsberg
Her team has also cast movies such as "Inglourious Basterds" and "anonymous" - both films were produced in Studio Babelsberg. Clooney also had opted for Babelsberg. "In early March start shooting," spokesman Eike Wolf confirmed officially. Multiple Clooney had been observed on the studio lot. He has an office there and prepares for filming on his thriller. "Is filmed mainly in Berlin and Brandenburg as well as in the studio," said Wolf.

"The Monuments Men" plays at the end of World War II: In a race against time, a team of art historians and museum curators to bring important art treasures to safety before they can destroy Hitler. Clooney on the set alongside other Hollywood celebrities are expected as Matt Damon ("The Bourne Identity"), Cate Blanchett ("The Aviator"), Bill Murray ("Lost in Translation") and Daniel Craig ("James Bond").

Source: AP / oje © Berliner Morgenpost 2013 - All rights reserved

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval on Sat Jan 26 2013, 13:14

Queuing for Clooney
On Saturday, the agency invites "movie faces" in Babelsberg for extras casting for World War II drama

Photo: MAZonline
Potsdam - who soon will be with George Clooney before the camera should now wear long pants: At 11 clock at Studio Babelsberg launched the extras casting for the World War II drama "The Monuments Men," in which the 51-year-old U.S. star featuring not only the assumes, but also acts as director and producer. At Clooney's side to play Cate Blanchett, Daniel Craig, Bill Murray, Matt Damon, John Goodman and Jean Dujardin. As previously reported, is "The Monuments Men" of the art looted by the Nazis and based on the eponymous book by U.S. author Robert M. Edsel.

Expects a stampede - despite the freezing cold. "I think that a movie with this director will elicit some people behind the stove," says Johanna Ragwitz, head of the agency with the programmatic name "film faces." She remembers well to the two-day audition for a bit player in the fall of 2008, when about 6,000 men and women flocked onto backlot, a mini role in Quentin Tarantino - also shot in Babelsberg - Nazi hunter satire "Inglourious Basterds" to get hold of: "The was a great deal. "

By 11 clock to the temporary casting office opened at Studio 8, which belongs to a mid-1930s built complex on the studio lot, and before 1945 the talent factory of legendary film production company UFA housed. "Nobody has to sing, dance or recite a poem," promises Johanna Ragwitz. For this, the time would not be enough. The boss of the agency explains the procedure: ". Candidates queue up, fill out a extras bow with dress size, phone number and email address, then two to three pictures are taken - that" At about 12 clock over 1,000 interested parties were made approaches.

Hopes to meet the Oscar winner ("Syriana"), today in the media center, you have to make no way. Although the idea may seem romantic, especially for women - George Clooney will not sit naturally on the casting couch to the candidate for crowd scenes and even bit parts to inspect it. "The casting is disputed only by, Film Faces'" says Studio Babelsberg spokesman Eike Wolf and instead all interested parties a good tip on the way: "I would certainly recommend, throw over a thick winter jacket. Who comes to casting, is determined for a time outside in the queue "And this snake can be long, very long - like the lovable extras application for Jackie Chan's Action Travel". "In 80 days around the world. At that time, around 2003, to film Crazy shoved to the station media city.

The bistro "Tasty" on the studio lot remembered meanwhile still good to the mega-casting for "Inglourious Basterds": 2008 Director Berserker Tarantino made (currently with the neo-Western "Django Unchained" in theaters) also by "movie faces" extras looking. Thousands came and saw itself on the side of Brad Pitt, Diane Kruger and Christoph Waltz. "The snake was determined a mile long," says Veiko Narten. The "Tasty" host shocks now "nothing". Nart and his team for the expected onslaught today well prepared. From 9 clock can be supplied with a warming cup of coffee (no, that casting is not sponsored by the precious coffee brand Nespresso, whose Clooney advertising face for years) or sandwiches, stews, chili con carne, or nibble Strammer Max. (Ricarda Nowak)

laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval on Sat Jan 26 2013, 13:18

Rush at the casting expected

Extras sought for Clooney film
Several thousand men from Berlin and Brandenburg could soon be the new film of the actor and director George Clooney on camera. For its production of "The Monuments Men" examines the Agency "film faces" extras from the Capital Region.

Many candidates are on Saturday came to central casting at Studio Babelsberg, which is still taking place until 17.00 clock. After about an hour, according to studio the first 1000 people were registered. Overall, from 5000 to 8000 extras are sought as a studio spokesman said.

Who Do I get to Hollywood?
Since the film is set during the Second World War, the amateur actors should be as lean and do not have dyed hair or tattoos. We are looking for particular men between 18 and 50 years, which would let his hair cut in the style of the 1940s. Even native men from the countries of the former allies or those with leg amputations may apply. Some women and children are searched.

To be rotated from the spring of 2013 in the studio itself and the region. The film is based on the book by Robert M. Edsel. It tells the true story of allied groups to retrieve stolen by the Nazis, art and cultural treasures.

laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 21:44

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum