George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
"Legendary" Italian furniture maker names cabinet after George Clooney EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
"Legendary" Italian furniture maker names cabinet after George Clooney EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
"Legendary" Italian furniture maker names cabinet after George Clooney EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
"Legendary" Italian furniture maker names cabinet after George Clooney EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
"Legendary" Italian furniture maker names cabinet after George Clooney EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
"Legendary" Italian furniture maker names cabinet after George Clooney EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
"Legendary" Italian furniture maker names cabinet after George Clooney EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
"Legendary" Italian furniture maker names cabinet after George Clooney EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
"Legendary" Italian furniture maker names cabinet after George Clooney EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

"Legendary" Italian furniture maker names cabinet after George Clooney

4 posters

Go down

"Legendary" Italian furniture maker names cabinet after George Clooney Empty "Legendary" Italian furniture maker names cabinet after George Clooney

Post by Katiedot Sat 07 Jan 2012, 10:53

Here's one for the weirdness of the day files:

From exec digital

Legendary Italian Designer Moves to New York

6 Jan 2012 Meaghan Clark

For Italian luxury furniture brand Promemoria, despite the fact that it only just recently moved stateside, it has been delivering strong American influences for years. Take, for instance, the George cabinet.

Topped with Promemoria’s signature Murano glass, the cabinet is named after a devishly handsome American actor who is constantly in the international headlines (if you guessed George Clooney, you got it). The cabinet can be adapted into a variety of things like a closet, dining hutch and bar, just like the actor himself.

So it’s rather surprising that this legendary Italian furniture designer took nearly a century to build its first showroom in the States. As to be expected, the Sozzi family – who originally built carriages for Italian royals in the 19th century – did it right; - the New York City showroom exquisitely showcases the new designs to perfection. Of course, all the Promemoria designs have been, rightly enough, adapted to the modern times.

Creations from this Italian family have kept the business in check – Romeo Sozzi’s three sons Stefano, David and Paolo have managed to maintain Promemoria’s international stature by combining century-old techniques with modern delicacies into their designs.

Their handiwork is exceptional for its originality and use of materials, of which they use only the best – silk, velvet, leather and cashmere are always among those topping the finest woods, like zircote.

Considering each piece is custom-made for every customer, expect each piece – whether it’s a $15,000 bedside table or a stingray chest worth $35,000 – to take about 14 weeks for delivery

Sadly there was no picture of the cabinet to share with you.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

"Legendary" Italian furniture maker names cabinet after George Clooney Empty Re: "Legendary" Italian furniture maker names cabinet after George Clooney

Post by Joanna Sat 07 Jan 2012, 11:44

Oh what a shame, no picture.

Katie, you certainly have an eye for interesting stuff for this forum !
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

"Legendary" Italian furniture maker names cabinet after George Clooney Empty Re: "Legendary" Italian furniture maker names cabinet after George Clooney

Post by melbert Sat 07 Jan 2012, 17:41

PattyGirl, case out the joint and report back to us!!!

I agree Joanna! Katie can find the most obscure little things about our George!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Sat 07 Jan 2012, 17:48

Dangit! Now I want to see what it looks like. I'm assuming its tall, dark, and handsome. Hardy Har har!

If I spend that much on a cabinet, the Real George better be included in my drawers. Wink
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 07 Jan 2012, 18:32

MyGirlKylie wrote:If I spend that much on a cabinet, the Real George better be included in my drawers. Wink
Ohhh, I'm no going there!

Joanna wrote:Katie, you certainly have an eye for interesting stuff for this forum !
Thank you! Bounce

If you want to see some really weird stuff, go to the 'and the rest' section starting at the oldest posts (either page 1 or page 8, I can't remember what order it numbers them in) and have a read through.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down