George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
General Chitchat for January 2012 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
General Chitchat for January 2012 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
General Chitchat for January 2012 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
General Chitchat for January 2012 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
General Chitchat for January 2012 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
General Chitchat for January 2012 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
General Chitchat for January 2012 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
General Chitchat for January 2012 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
General Chitchat for January 2012 EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

General Chitchat for January 2012

+19
lolo"layla"
blubelle
playfuldeb
zizi
Dexterdidit
sadDonkey
lucy
Tigerina
MyGirlKylie
silly girl
Joanna
cindigirl
Maggy
melbert
Pari
Katiedot
it's me
pattygirl
Cinderella
23 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

General Chitchat for January 2012 Empty General Chitchat for January 2012

Post by Cinderella Sun 01 Jan 2012, 15:42

I thought this thread should start now.

Happy New year! I hope everyone had a safe and fun New Years Eve. God bless and have a nice day!
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

General Chitchat for January 2012 Empty Re: General Chitchat for January 2012

Post by pattygirl Sun 01 Jan 2012, 16:04

Happy New Year All! Health and Prosperity to all.

First New Year joke. Hope all enjoy. If any Atheists read, please don't take offense. None intended.

We have a Christian Judge.......well I'll be.............

This judge knows her Bible!!

Florida Court Sets Atheist Holy Day!

Gotta love this Judge!

You must read this......a proper decision by the courts...for a change.

FLORIDA COURT SETS ATHEIST HOLY DAY
In Florida , an atheist created a case against Easter and Passover Holy days. He hired an attorney to bring a discrimination case against Christians and Jews and observances of their holy days. The argument was that it was unfair that atheists had no such recognized days.
The case was brought before a judge. After listening to the passionate presentation by the lawyer, the judge banged his gavel declaring, "Case dismissed!"
The lawyer immediately stood objecting to the ruling saying, "Your honor, How can you possibly dismiss this case? The Christians have Christmas, Easter and others. The Jews have Passover, Yom Kippur and Hanukkah, yet my client and all other atheists have no such holidays..."
The judge leaned forward in his chair saying, "But you do. Your client, counsel, is woefully ignorant."
The lawyer said, " Your Honor, we are unaware of any special observance or holiday for atheists."
The judge said, "The calendar says April 1st is April Fool’s Day. Psalm 14:1 states, 'The fool says in his heart, there is no God.' Thus, it is the opinion of this court, that, if your client says there is no God, then he is a fool. Therefore, April 1st is his day.
Court is adjourned..."

You gotta love a Judge that knows his scripture!

pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 01 Jan 2012, 16:19

Very Happy

now
surgery
is it really in this month?

impossible, to me
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Sun 01 Jan 2012, 17:57

Yay, Patty! I love that Judge! lol!

I'm ready for family to show up to celebrate the new year! Foods almost ready and I'm ready to celebrate the beginning of 2012. cheers

Last edited by Cinderella on Sun 01 Jan 2012, 20:20; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added)
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 01 Jan 2012, 22:12

hope for you the best meal Razz
and celebration! Cheerleader
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Mon 02 Jan 2012, 03:42

Thanks, It's Me! It was a very good time! Great food and awesome family!
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 02 Jan 2012, 05:08

Did anyone make any New Year's resolutions? My resolution was to learn how to do the splits.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Mon 02 Jan 2012, 14:18

It's me:
"hi Pari
I see your littlelittle sheet
above your post
in red/orange colour

why?."

Hmmmm... Was on the terrace capturing a time of darkness (rain storm) one evening when I also noticed an airplane in a distant corner of the cloud-space... The Heavens seemed to be making a fascinating read then... it felt like a pair of mighty hands come through and made way for the safe passage of the airplane with all the brightlight and the darkness in battle... After which came the thunder and lightning... and everything else natural in succession... Smile The "closing" (after several mighty minutes) was a very beautiful "washed fresh and brisk green" look everywhere... All the leaves and the flowers seemed to smile their relief and happiness at the same time Smile Like they had all been waiting for that... all along... and so wanted for it to come and be gone!!! I have heard of the words "This too shall pass" very often... BUT it felt different there... kind of perfect... Smile

I am hoping (and praying) for all of our "storms" to just be over and done with very soon as well Very Happy And more so, for George... Wishing that the NEW 2012 will see many happy smiling faces, enriched from their dark storms... happy and hopeful, for greater miracles to come Very Happy

On the other hand... 2012 too shall pass... and we can always find our selves in exactly the same condition / situation... when... hmmm mmm mmmm... well... you know that lecture hahahahhahahaha
Pari
Pari
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Mon 02 Jan 2012, 14:19

Thanks for the treat Maggy Very Happy The poetry sure is exquisitely marvellous Very Happy So is the painting... And yes, I believe in miracles too... and wish you many through 2012 and many more at COH Very Happy
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 02 Jan 2012, 14:37

Katiedot wrote:Did anyone make any New Year's resolutions? My resolution was to learn how to do the splits.

Be careful Katie. Last time I tried the splits, I went splat!

No resolutions for me. Why make them if I can't keep them?
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Mon 02 Jan 2012, 14:43

What kind of splits is that, Katie? Champagne splits, perhaps.
Is that why you went splat Mel?
You girls should know how to hold your liquor by now. lol!
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 02 Jan 2012, 14:47

I do, PattyGirl!! By the ears!!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Mon 02 Jan 2012, 15:02

Katiedot wrote:Did anyone make any New Year's resolutions? My resolution was to learn how to do the splits.
I did Katie... "Do not worry about George... He is doing fine anyways and very well without it!!"
Hmmmm... already down, challenged by it Very Happy Need more stamina Very Happy
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 03 Jan 2012, 01:58

you draw painting
with words
thanks Pari
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Tue 03 Jan 2012, 05:37

Pari wrote:Thanks for the treat Maggy Very Happy The poetry sure is exquisitely marvellous Very Happy So is the painting... And yes, I believe in miracles too... and wish you many through 2012 and many more at COH Very Happy

Thank you, Pari!
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Tue 03 Jan 2012, 14:17

Should I Really Join Facebook? (Priceless)

Read it all the way through! It's a good laugh! AND really quite true!!

A good laugh for people in the over 50 group !!!

When I bought my Blackberry, I thought about the 30-year business I ran with 1800 employees, all without a cell phone that plays music, takes videos, pictures and communicates with Facebook and Twitter. I signed up under duress for Twitter and Facebook, so my seven kids, their spouses, 13 grand kids and 2 great grand kids could communicate with me in the modern way. I figured I could handle something as simple as Twitter with only 140 characters of space.

That was before one of my grandkids hooked me up for Tweeter, Tweetree, Twhirl, Twitterfon, Tweetie and Twittererific Tweetdeck, Twitpix and something that sends every message to my cell phone and every other program within the texting world.

My phone was beeping every three minutes with the details of everything except the bowel movements of the entire next generation. I am not ready to live like this. I keep my cell phone in the garage in my golf bag.

The kids bought me a GPS for my last birthday because they say I get lost every now and then going over to the grocery store or library. I keep that in a box under my tool bench with the Blue tooth [it's red] phone I am supposed to use when I drive. I wore it once and was standing in line at Barnes and Noble talking to my wife and everyone in the nearest 50 yards was glaring at me. I had to take my hearing aid out to use it, and I got a little loud.

I mean the GPS looked pretty smart on my dash board, but the lady inside that gadget was the most annoying, rudest person I had run into in a long time. Every 10 minutes, she would sarcastically say, "Re-calc-u-lating." You would think that she could be nicer. It was like she could barely tolerate me. She would let go with a deep sigh and then tell me to make a U-turn at the next light. Then if I made a right turn instead... Well, it was not a good relationship.

When I get really lost now, I call my wife and tell her the name of the cross streets and while she is starting to develop the same tone as Gypsy, the GPS lady, at least she loves me.

To be perfectly frank, I am still trying to learn how to use the cordless phones in our house. We have had them for 4 years, but I still haven't figured out how I can lose three phones all at once and have to run around digging under chair cushions and checking bathrooms and the dirty laundry baskets when the phone rings.

The world is just getting too complex for me. They even mess me up every time I go to the grocery store. You would think they could settle on something themselves but this sudden "Paper or Plastic?" every time I check out just knocks me for a loop. I bought some of those cloth reusable bags to avoid looking confused, but I never remember to take them in with me.

Now I toss it back to them. When they ask me, "Paper or Plastic?" I just say, "Doesn't matter to me. I am bi-sacksual." Then it's their turn to stare at me with a blank look. I was recently asked if I tweet. I answered, No, but I do toot a lot."

P.S. I know some of you are not over 50. I sent it to you to allow you to forward it to those who are.

We senior citizens don't need any more gadgets. The TV remote and the garage door remote are about all we can handle.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 03 Jan 2012, 15:03

Too good PattyGirl and so very true!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 03 Jan 2012, 15:17

Thanks for good laugh Patty. Especially like the comment about the annoying GPS. My son-in-law has one with the lady's voice and he calls her "Bitchin Betsy."
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 03 Jan 2012, 18:50

The $250,000 chicken dinner

Four brothers left home for college, and they became successful doctors and lawyers.

One evening, they chatted after having dinner together. They
discussed the 95th birthday gifts they were able to give their elderly mother who moved to Florida .

The first said, "You know I had a big house built for Mama."

The second said, "And I had a large theater built in the house."

The third said, "And I had my Mercedes dealer deliver an SL600 to her."

The fourth said, "You know how Mama loved reading the Bible and you know she can't read anymore because she can't see very well. I met this preacher who told me about a parrot who could recite the entire Bible. It took ten preachers almost 8 years to teach him. I had to pledge to contribute $50,000 a year for five years to the church, but it was worth it
Mama only has to name the chapter and verse, and the parrot will recite it."

The other brothers were impressed. After the celebration Mama sent out her "Thank You" notes.

She wrote: Milton , the house you built is so huge that I live in only one room, but I have to clean the whole house. Thanks anyway."

"Marvin, I am too old to travel. I stay home; I have my groceries
delivered, so I never use the Mercedes. The thought was good. Thanks."

"Michael, you gave me an expensive theater with Dolby sound and it can hold 50 people, but all of my friends are dead, I've lost my hearing, and I'm nearly blind. I'll never use it. Thank you for the gesture just the same."

"Dearest Melvin, you were the only son to have the good sense to give a little thought to your gift. The chicken was delicious. Thank you so much."

Love, Mama
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 03 Jan 2012, 19:57

LOL!

waste waste and waste..... no?

Rolling Eyes fufff
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Tue 03 Jan 2012, 23:15

As we progress through to the end of 2011, I want to thank you for your educational e-mails over the past year. I am totally screwed up now and have little chance of recovery.

I can no longer open a bathroom door without using a paper towel, nor let the waitress put lemon slices in my ice water without worrying about the bacteria on the lemon peel.

I can't sit down on a hotel bedspread because I can only imagine what has happened on it since it was last washed.

I have trouble shaking hands with someone who has been driving because the number one pastime while driving alone is picking one's nose.

Eating a little snack sends me on a guilt trip becauseI can only imagine how many gallons of trans fats I have consumed over the years.

I can't touch any woman's handbag for fear she has placed it on the floor of a public toilet.

I MUST SEND MY SPECIAL THANKS for the email about rat poo in the glue on envelopes because I now have to use a wet sponge with every envelope that needs sealing.

ALSO, now I have to scrub the top of every can I open for the same reason.

I can't have a drink in a bar because I fear I'll wake up in a bathtub full of ice with my kidneys gone.

I can't eat at KFC because their chickens are actually horrible mutant freaks with no eyes, feet or feathers.

I can't use cancer-causing deodorants even though I smell like a water buffalo on a hot day.

THANKS TO YOU I have learned that my prayers only get answered if I forward an e-mail to seven of my friends and make a wish within five minutes.

BECAUSE OF YOUR CONCERN, I no longer drink Coca Cola because it can remove toilet stains.

I no longer buy fuel without taking someone along to watch the car, so a serial killer doesn't crawl in my back seat when I'm filling up.

I no longer use Cling Wrap in the microwave because it causes seven different types of cancer.

AND THANKS FOR LETTING ME KNOW I can't boil a cup of water in the microwave anymore because it will blow up in my face, disfiguring me for life.

I no longer go to the cinema because I could be pricked with a needle infected with AIDS when I sit down.

I no longer go to shopping centers because someone will drug me with a perfume sample and rob me.

And I no longer answer the phone because someone will ask me to dial a number for which I will get a huge phone bill with calls to Jamaica , Uganda , Singapore and Uzbekistan .

THANKS TO YOU I can't use anyone's toilet but mine because a big black snake could be lurking under the seat and cause me instant death when it bites my butt.

AND THANKS TO YOUR GREAT ADVICE I can't ever pick up a dime coin dropped in the car park because it was probably placed there by a sex molester waiting to grab me as I bend over.

I can't do any gardening because I'm afraid I'll get bitten by the Violin Spider and my hand will fall off.

If you don't send this e-mail to at least 144,000 people in the next 70 minutes, a large dove with diarrhea will land on your head at 5:00 p.m. tomorrow afternoon, and the fleas from 120 camels will infest your back, causing you to grow a hairy hump. I know this will occur because it actually happened to a friend of my next door neighbor’sex mother-in-law's second husband's cousin's best friend's beautician . .

Oh, and by the way.....

A German scientist from Argentina, after a lengthy study, has discovered that people with insufficient brain activity read their e-mails with their hand on the mouse.

Don't bother taking it off now, it's too late.

P. S. I now keep my toothbrush in the living room, because I was told by e-mail that water splashes over 6 ft. out of the toilet.

NOW YOU HAVE YOURSELF A VERY GOOD DAY

Last edited by pattygirl on Tue 03 Jan 2012, 23:17; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : too much empty space)
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 03 Jan 2012, 23:49

Surprise

One evening, as Uncle John and his wife are entertaining guests with cocktails, they are interrupted by an out-of breath little Johnny who shouts out,
"Uncle John! Come quick! The bull is f*****g the cow!"

Uncle John, highly embarrassed, takes young little Johnny aside and explains that a certain decorum is required.

"You should have said, 'The bull is surprising the cow'- not some filth you picked up in the City," he says.

A few days later, little Johnny comes running in again
as his uncle and aunt are entertaining.

"Uncle John! The bull is surprising the cows!"

The adults share a knowing grin.

Uncle John says, "Thank you little Johnny, but surely you meant to say the cow, not COWS.
A bull cannot 'surprise' more than one cow at a time you know."

"Yes he can!" replies his obstinate nephew,

"He's f*****g the horse!"
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 03 Jan 2012, 23:51

pattygirl wrote:A German scientist from Argentina, after a lengthy study, has discovered that people with insufficient brain activity read their e-mails with their hand on the mouse.

Don't bother taking it off now, it's too late.

OK, I'm busted, you caught me and thanks patty for the BIGGEST laugh I had all day.

cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 03 Jan 2012, 23:53

oh great
have a nice year you too!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 03 Jan 2012, 23:53

lol! pattygirl I won't sleep a wink now tonight lol!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 03 Jan 2012, 23:54

Joanna ROFL at your joke. Good one.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 03 Jan 2012, 23:58

How To wash your cat

Dear Cat Owner,

step 1: Put a towel on the bathroom floor.
step 2: Put a leash on your cat.
step 3: Put a lot of soap in the toilet.
step 4: As fast as you can, put your cat in the toilet
and sit on the closed lid.
step 5: Your cat scratching will make the cat clean.
step 6: Flush the toilet. That will rinse your cat off.
step 7: As fast as you can, open the lid and then run out.

Sincerely,
The Dog
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 04 Jan 2012, 00:07

LOL!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 04 Jan 2012, 00:21

Now, why does this remind me of Melbert ? confused confused

CRS

Patient: Doctor, I have a serious memory problem.
I can’t remember anything!

Doctor: So, since when did you have this problem?

Patient: What problem?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 04 Jan 2012, 02:19

That's how I felt at my doc appointment this morning!!! hahahaha
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Wed 04 Jan 2012, 02:54

Got this from a friend:

The following was developed as a mental age assessment by the School of Psychiatry at Harvard University ..
Take your time and see if you can read each line aloud without a mistake.
The average person over 45 years of age cannot do it!

1.This is this cat.
2. This is is cat.
3. This is how cat.
4. This is to cat.
5. This is keep cat.
6. This is an cat.
7. This is old cat.
8. This is fart cat.
9. This is busy cat.
10. This is for cat.
11. This is forty cat.
12. This is seconds cat.

Now go back and read the third word in each line from the top down. I bet you cannot resist passing it on.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 04 Jan 2012, 09:50

devil!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 04 Jan 2012, 10:45

melbert wrote:That's how I felt at my doc appointment this morning!!! hahahaha
At least you remembered to go!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Wed 04 Jan 2012, 16:45

pattygirl wrote:You girls should know how to hold your liquor by now. lol!
melbert wrote:I do, PattyGirl!! By the ears!!!!!

ROTFLMAO! I'm so glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read those two posts. lol!

Love all the jokes, ladies. Keep 'em coming. Thumbs up!

Can I just say that I am soooo ready for things to get back to normal? I've had about all the togetherness that I can stand. Don't get me wrong I love my family but after nearly 2 weeks, I'm more than ready for everyone to go back to work and school. Rolling Eyes
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 04 Jan 2012, 16:50

Hi MyGirl - Great - time for some me-time now. Enjoy and visit here often. I love your jokes and responses. Wink
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Wed 04 Jan 2012, 19:08

I plan on visiting more often when we get back into a routine again.
Thumbs up!
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Wed 04 Jan 2012, 20:03

My 10 yr. old nephew is playing at a pre-party gig before the Cotton Bowl this Friday. I’m leaving for TX tomorrow! Also, he was invited to try out for the Maury Povich Show. He’s so talented! cheers

Glad to see you again, MyGirlKylie!
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 04 Jan 2012, 21:24

good luck!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Wed 04 Jan 2012, 21:27

Thanks, I'll tell him you said so. If they chose him, he'll be in NY next week... I can't wait to find out.

Here he is...

Last edited by Cinderella on Wed 04 Jan 2012, 21:37; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added video)
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 04 Jan 2012, 23:16

"Have a good time cinder's nephew !"
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 04 Jan 2012, 23:54

ODDIO! ma è bravissimo Shocked

Thumbs up! Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerina Thu 05 Jan 2012, 01:28

Wow Cinder he is awesome!! Rock On!!!
Tigerina
Tigerina
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 05 Jan 2012, 01:44

Cinders, he's really good,hope you enjoy Texas lately the weather has been perfect 50-70.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Thu 05 Jan 2012, 01:46

Thanks! I'll tell him you said so, too! He is amazing! If I can, I'll tape a little of the concert for you. Very Happy

Thanks, Lucy! I checked the weather today, too... Nice! I've always loved Texas!
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerina Thu 05 Jan 2012, 01:48

Tell him I am a loyal groupie!! Wink
Tigerina
Tigerina
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 05 Jan 2012, 03:26

We knew him when... Go Master Tucker!!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 05 Jan 2012, 11:00

I love this !!

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 05 Jan 2012, 14:24

sono esterrefatta Shocked Shocked Shocked

tell me
where they will be arrive?

hope they will ENJOY the path
anyway! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Thu 05 Jan 2012, 14:54

I meant to send this to you a while ago, but for some reason I keep forgetting....
>
>
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=6oHBG3ABUJU&vq=medium
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 05 Jan 2012, 15:08

forgetting?

same disease?