George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney wins Best Actor in the 2012 Golden Globes - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney wins Best Actor in the 2012 Golden Globes - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney wins Best Actor in the 2012 Golden Globes - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney wins Best Actor in the 2012 Golden Globes - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney wins Best Actor in the 2012 Golden Globes - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney wins Best Actor in the 2012 Golden Globes - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney wins Best Actor in the 2012 Golden Globes - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney wins Best Actor in the 2012 Golden Globes - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney wins Best Actor in the 2012 Golden Globes - Page 2 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney wins Best Actor in the 2012 Golden Globes

+38
Clear As Mud
laetval
fava
Galway Girl
Michelle meyers
Vi
lovelylois
pandabear
m4rose
bunny
The next mrs clooney
silly girl
Atalante
playfuldeb
NotAvailable
Joanna
Maggy
Natascha
cindigirl
Missa
MyGirlKylie
lucy
sadDonkey
zizi
Dexterdidit
sisieq
alriv
lolo"layla"
it's me
Pari
Katiedot
lelacorb
Cinderella
pattygirl
sarah ali
fluffy
melbert
dakota007
42 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

George Clooney wins Best Actor in the 2012 Golden Globes - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney wins Best Actor in the 2012 Golden Globes

Post by melbert Sun 18 Dec 2011, 20:44

I just read the list of nominees and it's impressive, so I'm assuming there will be a ton of pics! Starts at 5 p.m. West Coast, then awards at 6 then dinner at 8. So you'll be sleeping It's Me, but we'll save pics for you!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney wins Best Actor in the 2012 Golden Globes - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney wins Best Actor in the 2012 Golden Globes

Post by it's me Sun 18 Dec 2011, 20:45

solo?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 18 Dec 2011, 21:12

Oh she'll be there, I'm sure...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 09 Jan 2012, 18:42

Really need to start putting together a calendar! There's this for anyone concerned about what George will eat at the Golden Globes next week, found by Henway:

From msnbc

LOS ANGELES — When Hollywood's top stars, including George Clooney, Angelina Jolie and Steven Spielberg, attend the Golden Globe Awards next week they will sip vintage champagne and nibble edible gold.

Golden flakes will top their dessert following a meal that chef Suki Sugiura will prepare using foods flown in from around the world for the event, which is one of Hollywood's most-watched film and television awards shows.

But unlike the film world's Oscars or TV's Emmys, where stars sit side-by-side in a theater, guests at the Golden Globes are treated to a gourmet meal by the event's organizers, the Hollywood Foreign Press Association.

Moet & Chandon, which has been the official champagne for the Golden Globes for 21 years, will serve its traditional Imperial mini bottles on the red carpet to arriving guests.

Inside the venue guests will sip its Grand Vintage 2002 for the first time.

Five hundred magnums of the 2002, which was bottled and has been sitting for seven years -- the longest resting period of any of the Moet Grand Vintages -- will be served at the Golden Globes on January 15.

Sugiura, the executive chef at the Beverly Hilton Hotel where the event takes place, has created a three course meal with a "global food harmony" theme that includes a combination entree of braised prime short rib of beef and sea bass marinated in miso from Sendai, Japan.

"They produce some of the best miso in Japan," said Sugiura. "We bring it here to share with each other, to appreciate each other and to enjoy it together. It's East meets West -- one world -- at the Golden Globes."

For dessert, executive pastry chef Thomas Henzi will serve a chocolate almond crunch terrine with acacia honey, caramel and fresh berries. The chocolate will be flown in from Switzerland, while the acacia honey caramel will arrive from France, the Tarragon hazelnuts from Italy and the Valencia almond paste from Spain.

"It's a rich desert," said Henzi, not only figuratively but literally.

Each desert plate will be sprinkled with 23-carat edible gold flakes along with a white chocolate ball sprayed with gold dust.

"In today's market, Gold costs $1600, $1700 for an ounce, sometimes up to $2000, so it's expensive," said Henzi. "We're looking at $1.20 per plate just for the gold flakes. And we're preparing 1500 plates!"

Flower arrangements by celebrity florist Mark Held, of Mark's Garden, who has been creating the floral centerpieces for the Golden Globes for about a decade, will complement the meal.

Held said he is working on an eight color combinations of flowers, all in deep winter tones of burgundy, gold, green and maybe even a deep pink.

"This year, we'll see a lot more color across the room. It'll be fun and lively because this is a lively event," he said.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 09 Jan 2012, 18:48

Everything sounds delish. If he eats like this all the time, I wonder how he stays so slim?

All I could afford right now is the $1.20 per plate for gold flakes. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Mon 09 Jan 2012, 20:38

Wtf are they thinking, wasting all that food? No one in Hollywood eats! lol
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Mon 09 Jan 2012, 21:10

Everytime there is an awards show we get pics of him&co. going out to eat at a restaurant after, with a menu like the one above who needs a restaurant?
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Mon 09 Jan 2012, 21:12

That's the truth! If they'd invite some of us, we'd eat it all. Yummy! I love the color scheme, too! Laughing
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Mon 09 Jan 2012, 23:22

Wow that is one calorie filled menu I can see a lot of workouts coming on for some people. George always does seem to go out and eat afterwards maybe he doesn't like to eat when he is talking so he misses out.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Natascha Mon 09 Jan 2012, 23:58

He might just be too nervous to eat.
I know that from myself: In the night before the awards ceremony, I can hardly sleep and eat tons of chips and chocolates, then some breakfast in the morning, and the closer I get to the awards cermony, the less I can eat, just drink a lot of water and run to the bathroom every five minutes, but after the awards have been anounced, I'm getting really, really hungry, and then usually, I want some really unhealthy junk food, like pizza, burgers, fries and so on.

Natascha
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 10 Jan 2012, 00:43

Hug1 lip smack Hug1 lip smack Hug1 lip smack Hug1 lip smack Hug1 lip smack
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 10 Jan 2012, 03:06

Eli will be in the kitchen cooking the sea bass!! Sorry, had to be snarky!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Tue 10 Jan 2012, 04:20

Sea Bass cookies! Thanks for the memory and the laugh.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 10 Jan 2012, 04:41

I think this is one of the few awards ceremonies where they provide real food, at a table.

Can't help but think what a nightmare it must be for them - half the people are anorexic or on weird diets so won't eat anything, the other half will be too nervous or too busy talking to eat.

I can completely see George getting up and walking around the tables to say hello to everyone while waiters are chasing him trying to serve the different courses on time!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Tue 10 Jan 2012, 04:45

Also the women may not eat due to the dresses they are wearing, wonder if they eat before event is televised?
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 11 Jan 2012, 13:17

so next Sun

nothing in between?

thanks
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Wed 11 Jan 2012, 15:24

Katiedot wrote:Can't help but think what a nightmare it must be for them - half the people are anorexic or on weird diets so won't eat anything, the other half will be too nervous or too busy talking to eat.

Not to mention that no one wants to be caught on camera eating. Shocked
LOL
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by alriv Wed 11 Jan 2012, 15:33

George could win?
alriv
alriv
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 11 Jan 2012, 15:56

Ah, predictions, predictions, predictions.

From Fox news (that always reliable source of information)

Golden Globe Predix: Ricky Gervais will offend; big night for Clooney, Streep

By Tariq Khan

Published January 11, 2012

When the Golden Globe Awards are presented on Sunday evening, there are three things that you can be certain of:

1. Host Ricky Gervais will make obnoxious jokes about many of the stars sitting in the audience.

2. Host Ricky Gervais will make obnoxious jokes about members of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA) – the group which presents the Golden Globe Awards.

3. Host Ricky Gervais will make obnoxious jokes about many stars NOT sitting in the audience.

But as much as Mr. Gervais may dominate attention, the real question to serious film fanatics is how well the Golden Globe winners will forecast the Academy Award results. Last year, “The Social Network” won Best Picture and Best Director at the Globes, but went on to lose both categories to “The King’s Speech” at the Oscars. However, four Globe acting winners (Colin Firth, Natalie Portman, Christian Bale and Melissa Leo) repeated their victories at the Kodak Theatre.

The same thing happened the year before. “Avatar” claimed Golden Globes for Best Picture and Best Director, but was defeated by “The Hurt Locker” in those two Oscar races. Meanwhile, four Globe acting champs (Jeff Bridges, Sandra Bullock, Christoph Waltz and Mo’Nique) went on to see Oscar glory just one month later.

What will this year bring? The Golden Globes have become increasingly harder to predict, and there’s virtually no overlap between their members and the voters in the Motion Picture Academy. But that doesn’t stop awards analysts (like yours truly) from trying to make sense of it all.

Here’s what to expect in the major film categories.

BEST ACTOR – DRAMA

Nominees: George Clooney in “The Descendants,” Leonardo DiCaprio in “J. Edgar,” Michael Fassbender in “Shame,” Ryan Gosling in “The Ides of March,” Brad Pitt in “Moneyball”

Prediction: George Clooney and Brad Pitt (tie)

Okay, so maybe I’m cheating here. But it’s such a tight race between Clooney and Pitt, two of Hollywood’s biggest stars. Both have previously won Supporting Actor Globes, Clooney for 2005’s “Syriana” and Pitt for 1995’s “12 Monkeys.” Both delivered superb performances in Best Picture nominees. And both had banner years in 2011. Clooney helmed “The Ides of March,” which also won him a Globe nomination for Best Director. Pitt starred in “The Tree of Life,” which earned him terrific notices a few months before “Moneyball” was released.

Given the HFPA’s love for celebrities, I suspect that they’re truly torn between the two. With only about 90 members (and five nominees in the category), a tie is very real (albeit remote) possibility. If you forced me to choose one, I would probably flip a coin and say Clooney. If he wins, he’s the instant Oscar frontrunner. But if Pitt prevails, it’s a whole new Oscar race. (And if there’s a tie – remember that you read it here first.)

BEST ACTRESS – DRAMA

Nominees: Glenn Close in “Albert Nobbs,” Viola Davis in “The Help,” Rooney Mara in “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo,” Meryl Streep in “The Iron Lady,” Tilda Swinton in “We Need to Talk About Kevin”

Prediction: Meryl Streep

Streep already holds the record for most competitive wins at the Golden Globes, with seven. Come Sunday night, she’ll have eight. She delivers what is arguably her finest performance ever as Margaret Thatcher in “The Iron Lady.” Many observers feel that she’s already a lock for the Academy Award.

With the HFPA’s strong history of honoring her and her current Oscar momentum, it’s highly unlikely that the group will make another selection. Streep has proven to be a terrific speechmaker in recent years, marking the highlight of many a Golden Globe ceremony. Expect a standing ovation when her name is called, and some clever quips when she takes to the stage.

BEST ACTOR – COMEDY/MUSICAL

Nominees: Jean Dujardin in “The Artist,” Brendan Gleeson in “The Guard,” Joseph Gordon-Levitt in “50/50,” Ryan Gosling in “Crazy, Stupid, Love,” Owen Wilson in “Midnight in Paris”

Prediction: Jean Dujardin

With a landslide victory expected for “The Artist” in the previous category, French actor Dujardin appears to be a no-brainer here. It’s a physically challenging and emotionally draining performance. He sings, he dances, he screams and he laughs. He struts his stuff dressed in cool threads from the 1920’s and 30’s, much of it while carrying a dog.

Gosling and Wilson may have bigger names, but they also have thinner roles. Gordon-Levitt delivers a terrific performance, but it lacks the cache of Dujardin’s. True, Dujardin is a relative unknown in the US, but so were Marion Cotillard (“La Vie en Rose”) and Sally Hawkins (“Happy-Go-Lucky”) when they won in recent years. A Dujardin victory will give him a nice boost in the Oscar race. Can he go all the way? It’s still early, but my instinct tells me “oui.”

BEST ACTRESS – COMEDY/MUSICAL

Nominees: Jodie Foster in “Carnage,” Charlize Theron in “Young Adult,” Michelle Williams in “My Week with Marilyn,” Kristin Wiig in “Bridesmaids,” Kate Winslet in “Carnage”

Prediction: Michelle Williams

There’s little suspense in the category, with Williams earning awards buzz long before the film was even released. As Marilyn Monroe, she exudes a rare combination of grace, humor, sex appeal and vulnerability. The HFPA has always been keen on period pieces and films about show business, making this a one-two punch. Williams has previously been nominated for two Golden Globes, watch for the third time to be the charm.

The only chance for an upset could be if love for “Bridesmaids” carries Kristin Wiig through. Still, expect Williams to walk away with the Globe bridal bouquet. Monroe herself won this category for more than 50 years ago for “Some Like It Hot.”. When Williams wins, perhaps she’ll make note of that.

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR

Nominees: Kenneth Branagh in “My Week with Marilyn,” Albert Brooks in “Drive,” Jonah Hill in “Moneyball,” Viggo Mortensen in “A Dangerous Method,” Christopher Plummer in “Beginners”

Prediction: Christopher Plummer

Plummer is widely seen as the frontrunner for the Best Supporting Actor Oscar. He’s a screen legend, and delivers what is possibly the most moving performance of his career in “Beginners.” Unless Globe voters seriously want to defy expectations, there’s little chance for another actor to prevail. Hopefully Plummer can think of this as a rehearsal for his Oscar acceptance speech – because that’s where the race is headed.

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS

Nominees: Berenice Bejo in “The Artist,” Jessica Chastain in “The Help,” Janet McTeer in “Albert Nobbs,” Octavia Spencer in “The Help,” Shailene Woodley in “The Descendants”

Prediction: Octavia Spencer

This category is often a tricky one, and this year is no exception. Spencer’s turn as a feisty maid in “The Help” has been one of the most talked-about performances of year. If members of the HFPA want to honor the film somewhere, this is probably the best place. The only danger to Spencer is if a sweep for “The Artist” pulls Berenice Bejo through, or if Globe voters opt to go with “Help” co-star Jessica Chastain for her large body of work in 2011. Overall, the odds still seem to favor Spencer.

BEST DIRECTOR

Nominees: Woody Allen for “Midnight in Paris,” George Clooney for “The Ides of March,” Michel Hazanavicius for “The Artist,” Alexander Payne for “The Descendants,” Martin Scorsese for “Hugo”

Prediction: Martin Scorsese

This is the toughest category to call. If I’m right about “The Descendants” and “The Artist” taking the two Best Motion Picture prizes, then either Alexander Payne or Michel Hazanavicius would be the most likely victor. But the HFPA loves both “Hugo” and its director Scorsese, whom they have honored twice before. If members want to spread the wealth around on Sunday night, he would seem to be the most logical choice. Of course, no one ever said that the Golden Globes were logical. If they were, would Ricky Gervais really be hosting the show again?

BEST MOTION PICTURE – COMEDY/MUSICAL

Nominees: “50/50,” “The Artist,” “Bridesmaids,” “Midnight in Paris,” “My Week with Marilyn”

Prediction: “The Artist”

Unlike last year, which saw the likes of “Burlesque” and “The Tourist” make the category, this year’s contenders are all quite strong. In a weaker year, any one of them could easily prevail. But this year “The Artist” appears to be the solid Oscar frontrunner, so watch for Globe voters to anoint it first. It benefits from the fact that it’s not a pure comedy and not contemporary.

The mixed dramatic elements and period setting add it to its prestige, while the black and white/silent movie factor adds to its intrigue. “Midnight in Paris” seems lightweight by comparison and “Bridesmaids” is just too mainstream. The last Golden Globe Comedy/Musical winner to eventually receive the Best Picture Oscar was 2002’s “Chicago.” “The Artist” just might be the next.

BEST MOTION PICTURE DRAMA

Nominees: “The Descendants,” “The Help,” “Hugo,” “The Ides of March,” “Moneyball,” “War Horse”

Prediction: “The Descendants”

Unlike some years, there’s no slam dunk in this race. You can count out “The Help,” “Moneyball” and “War Horse,” which failed to earn directing nominations. HFPA voters love both “Hugo” and “The Ides of March,” but the former may seem too unconventional and the latter simply too commercial to win the top award.

This leaves the acclaimed “The Descendants,” which was named best picture by the Los Angeles Film Critics. Family drama has always been a popular Globe genre and the reviews have been strong across the board. The film is boosted by George Clooney’s star power and a tight, moving script. Part of me wants to pick “Hugo” just too be adventurous, but “The Descendants” is the safest choice of the bunch.

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Wed 11 Jan 2012, 23:11

I'm thinking George will win over Brad partly because I think he is in a better movie. Besides George isn't working this hard for nothing. Ricky well I love him I hope he takes lot's of pot shots at the actors I'm expecting a couple of Kardashian swipes etc. Should be funny at least! Meryl will win she always does.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Wed 11 Jan 2012, 23:24

I hope George wins, I'm rooting for him!
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 12 Jan 2012, 11:26

The US version of OK magazine always seems totally out of touch (they were the ones who had the 'exclusive' wedding dress pictures of Jennifor Aniston when she was secretly marrying John whatsisname).

Anyway.

From OL Mag US version

George Clooney: Ryan Gosling 'Really Wants' To Win Golden Globe Award

By Leigh Blickley

January 11, 2012 - 1:19 pm

George Clooney is no stranger to awards season. But neither is his co-star and competition, Ryan Gosling, who George says "really wants" to walk away with the Golden Globe for best actor this year. George's response? Better luck in 2013, Ryan!

When asked who he wants to win the Golden Globe at the National Board of Review Awards gala in NYC last night, George told reporters, "I know who really wants it is Ryan Gosling. He’s been working out. He’s been trying his best, and I think next year he’s going to finally get it." Next year? Guess George plans on walking away with the statue this Sunday — unless his buddy Brad Pitt does.

But George says neither of them can compete with Shame star Michael Fassbender's "full-frontal nudity."

Either way, George is staying happy these days, thanks to his gorgeous gal pal, Stacy Keibler. "Stacy's doing a pretty good job!" George told OK! at the awards gala last night.

And he'll enjoy award season with Stacy because, "She classes up the whole event."

Reporting by Evan Real
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 12 Jan 2012, 13:11

Why is he trying to sell Stacy? We're here for YOU George!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 12 Jan 2012, 16:21

Article about Golden Globes:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Thu 12 Jan 2012, 22:53

George made that remark about Ryan for sexist man alive title not for winning a Golden Globe. If NIcole is presenting it's a good thing for George last time around he won when it was her presenting! And let's face it Ryan isn't campaigning he hasn't been to any of the shows George has at all he is busy working!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Fri 13 Jan 2012, 11:32

George Clooney and Jane Lynch to present at the Golden Globes
GEORGE Clooney is gunning for Ricky Gervais!

The actor will apparently be on the offensive at Sunday’s Golden Globes — because the British comedian is hosting the ceremony.

Clooney is a best actor and best picture nominee.

“George is actually a big fan of Ricky but he’s ready to take him down a peg or two,” says a source close to the star.http://www.showbizspy.com/article/242922/george-clooney-gunning-for-ricky-gervais.html

“George has a razor-sharp sense of humor that is easily equal to Ricky’s and there are a lot of stars in Hollywood who are hoping he uses it

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by dakota007 Fri 13 Jan 2012, 20:33

i think him presenting means they want to make sure he will attend which means that he is the closer actor to win, also he is the frontrunner now!! god when the Oscars come and we all come here to celebrate his win!!
dakota007
dakota007
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 13 Jan 2012, 20:49

How to host the Golden Globes: an open letter to Ricky Gervais
In the first of a series offering well-meant unasked advice to the prominent, Emma G Keller warns Ricky Gervais

reddit this
Comments (24)

Third time's a charm. Ricky Gervais hosts the 2011 Golden Globes Photograph: Handout/Getty Images
Dear Ricky,

Sunday's a big night for you, and to be honest we're the teensiest bit concerned. Ever since we heard that the Hollywood Foreign Press Association called you back to host the Golden Globe Awards for the third time, we've been a little on edge. How can we explain this to you nicely? You were funnier when you were fat. Now that you've slimmed down you've gone all shouty and worthy on us.

Your blog is filled with rants against fundamentalists and animal abusers. Your tweets are weird. Last year's Globes appearance was joke-lite and that was before you completely disappeared half way through the show. What were you doing backstage all that time? Eating your feelings?

Listen, we're happy for you to have a dig – or as Robert Downey Jr put it be "hugely mean-spirited" – to the celebs in the room on Sunday. But we – yes us, the 200 million people watching at home – like the occasional laugh in our three-hour live broadcasts. So here are some tips to help get you back on the humor track.

SLOW DOWN… your Twitter output starting this minute. You need to be in full comedian mode. So write jokes, not tweets. In any case we follow comedians on Twitter for laughs not for tweets like your 'Joking aside now. How disgusting is it of that *** to tell a rape victim they are a murderer for not wanting that child. Pure evil.'

Ricky, for you, there is no joking aside now.

HAVE FUN JOKING ABOUT… TinTin. Cars 2. Alec Baldwin playing Words With Friends on a plane. Rupert Murdoch's Twitter account. Wendi Deng's fake one. Demi Moore as Gloria Steinem in the upcoming Linda Lovelace movie. Globe nominees Meryl as Maggie and Leonardo as J Edgar. Piers Morgan. Donald Trump. The Justin Bieber baby. The Justin Bieber movie. War Horse. Anything else by Steven Spielberg. Lindsay Lohan's teeth. Or other body parts. Dragon tattoos. Any real or fake housewife. Celebrity divorces, (Ashton and Demi, Russell and Katy, J Lo and Marc, Arnold and Maria, Kim and Kris). George Clooney's perennial on-again-off-again single status. Gay marriages. Royal marriages. W.E. All the Republican Presidential candidates.

PLEASE DON'T MENTION… Any show or movie you have ever made, written or starred in. Especially The Office. Or your 2011 Golden Globes performance. Don't plug your upcoming HBO series, "Life's Too Short." Why not? Well, we don't want to find out that the BBC has already cancelled it.

Also, drop the Steve Carrell superstar schtick.

DO START… A Stephen Merchant superstar schtick. He's grown out of being your sidekick. And do a turn with Bridesmaids superstar, Kristen Wiig. She can give anyone a comic lift.

DON'T SHOW US… DVDs of your past work. A glass of beer. A Kardashian.

DO SHOW US… All the Brit nominees – Downton Abbey, The Hour, Damian Lewis, Kate Winslet (if you must), Janet McTeer, Kenneth Branagh, Hugh Bonneville, Dominic West, Emily Watson, Romola Garai, Bill Nighy, Maggie Smith.

Oh, and single out Ryan Gosling – he's not a Brit, but he is a beaut. Make a few jokes about him so the camera heads his way. We might not laugh but we'll beam with pleasure.

Good luck!

Emma
XOXO
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 13 Jan 2012, 20:59

Online coverage here on Sunday and video from last year
showing a quick clip of George

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Fri 13 Jan 2012, 23:41

Should be good I do like those rules. LOL I'm sure there will be at least one George joke and a Ryan one.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 14 Jan 2012, 00:42

Hoorah! Hoorah! Hoorah! Found LIVE TV coverage in UK on Sunday night Hoorah! Hoorah! Hoorah!

E! Channel number 156 on Virgin cable.
Red carpet coverage starts 11.00pm and live coverage
throughout he night. Cheerleader Cheerleader Cheerleader
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Sat 14 Jan 2012, 05:08

UM that desert looked so good Its Me. Now I have to run out and get some stuff to make me and mine something. Is the Golden Globes on the 15th, this Sunday? bounce

Does anyone know any good exercises for loose skin? Quick ones that work pretty quickly. I lost about 75 lbs over the year last year and need to trim down the loose skin but its a little harder at 58 to do that now.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Sat 14 Jan 2012, 05:17

Glad that you get to watch it Joanna !!
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Sat 14 Jan 2012, 05:19

Well I just saw it posted on a site. never mind the date of the Golden Globes. Smile
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Sat 14 Jan 2012, 05:23

Congratulations Joanie. Let me know if you find out, as I am also losing quite a bit of weight
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Sat 14 Jan 2012, 05:43

Sure thing deb. If I get some info on that it will prolly be on here so you will prolly see it posted or mentioned. If I come across some good ones elsewhere I will post them. But where would be the best place to post such info?
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 14 Jan 2012, 06:13

dunno Jo
Neutral sorry

Hug1
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sat 14 Jan 2012, 07:50

Probably in the kitchen chat area? It's general and you could even start your own topic. I do not have that problem my skin is far from loose....LOL I wish I had the problem. So George is presenting as well good that means we can see him more.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 14 Jan 2012, 11:07

Thanks playful I'm looking forward to it !
I also have it on record as it'll go on into the early hours and will
need to get to bed in the middle of it.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 15 Jan 2012, 17:44

cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Sun 15 Jan 2012, 19:03

Come on George, we're pulling for you! Cheerleader Cheerleader Sofa bounce Cheerleader Cheerleader
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 15 Jan 2012, 19:27

which dress George, this evening?

full colors
white
blue
green
puple
pink spots?

hehehe..... albino
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 15 Jan 2012, 20:03

This is a friendly warning for George as he
gets into his glad rags Drink 2

Ode to Alcohol

Starkle, starkle, little twink,
Who the hell you are I think,
I'm not under what they call
The alcofluence of incohol.

I'm not drunk as thinkle peep,
I'm just a little slort of sheep.
Tee martoonis make a guy
Fool so feelish, don't know why.

Rally don't know who's me yet
The drunker I stay the longer I get
So just one more to full my cup,
I've all day sober to Monday up.

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 15 Jan 2012, 20:08

Cinders....A lovely sentiment but maybe your phrasing
is a little suspect ? Yahooooo lol!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 15 Jan 2012, 20:14

Joanna wrote:Cinders....A lovely sentiment but maybe your phrasing
is a little suspect ? Yahooooo lol!

Oh now c'mon Joanna, let's keep it clean and stop dredging up erotic visions for me. LOL

And ROFL Your poem is probably is not far from the truth. It's much easier to accept an award after a snootful. nailbiting
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 15 Jan 2012, 20:21

?

is...?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 15 Jan 2012, 20:29

lol! cindi
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Sun 15 Jan 2012, 20:33

Joanna, scratch don't know what you're talking about... Laughing In America "we're pulling for you" means: The act of taking sides super cool
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 15 Jan 2012, 20:35

I know that Cindy but the other aspect is amusing. Sorry! Embarassed
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Sun 15 Jan 2012, 20:46

Lysa Heslov is getting ready to go : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Basketball
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next