George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney joins L.A. cast of Prop. 8 play - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney joins L.A. cast of Prop. 8 play - Page 3 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney joins L.A. cast of Prop. 8 play - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney joins L.A. cast of Prop. 8 play - Page 3 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney joins L.A. cast of Prop. 8 play - Page 3 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney joins L.A. cast of Prop. 8 play - Page 3 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney joins L.A. cast of Prop. 8 play - Page 3 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney joins L.A. cast of Prop. 8 play - Page 3 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney joins L.A. cast of Prop. 8 play - Page 3 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney joins L.A. cast of Prop. 8 play

+35
zizi
Pari
blubelle
fava
theminis
madsky
bellybaby
laetval
yuanling
Astras
lovelylois
macs
The next mrs clooney
Cinderella
Vi
Maggy
Michelle meyers
Atalante
Joanna
silly girl
Missa
sadDonkey
Dexterdidit
davidarochelle
sisieq
Lighterside
watching
sandwiches
cindigirl
lucy
pattygirl
melbert
it's me
Katiedot
Merlin
39 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

George Clooney joins L.A. cast of Prop. 8 play - Page 3 Empty Re: George Clooney joins L.A. cast of Prop. 8 play

Post by Joanna Fri 02 Mar 2012, 10:32

melbert wrote:CindiGirl, I'll pick you up tomorrow and we'll be to Joanna's by Saturday to snuggle up and watch George and Brad and all those other people!!!!

See you soon.... Love7
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney joins L.A. cast of Prop. 8 play - Page 3 Empty Re: George Clooney joins L.A. cast of Prop. 8 play

Post by Maggy Fri 02 Mar 2012, 19:03

Can't wait to watch the whole reading when
it comes out on video.

George is brilliant and I love the way he carries himself in speech.
He will do a fantastic job with the play. I love you

Wish they best for all the other participants too. Give Flowers
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 02 Mar 2012, 20:38

Maggy wrote:Can't wait to watch the whole reading when
it comes out on video.

George is brilliant and I love the way he carries himself in speech.
He will do a fantastic job with the play. I love you

Wish they best for all the other participants too. Give Flowers

ME 2 WITH YOU
MAG Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sat 03 Mar 2012, 01:03

I think we have some interviews to look forward to on Monday...Extra and Access Hollywood promo'd interviews with GC and BP so I am assuming it is about the show....nice....

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sat 03 Mar 2012, 05:07

Oh that will be good it's been a whole week since we have seen them! What are we going to do when he goes all quiet again...
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 03 Mar 2012, 18:00

nothing new?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sun 04 Mar 2012, 00:47

Here is a link to the program...he has a big part:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Oh and I read somewhere that there will be a red carpet too....

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Astras Sun 04 Mar 2012, 01:48

silly girl wrote:Here is a link to the program...he has a big part:

Oh and I read somewhere that there will be a red carpet too....

Excellent!! Thank you! Thumbs up!
Astras
Astras
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Sun 04 Mar 2012, 03:16

From Getty Images

From wireimage

lovelylois
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 04 Mar 2012, 05:18

IT. WAS. WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Sun 04 Mar 2012, 05:19

Just finished watching Prop. 8 play. It was great. George was in top form and looked great even while wearing glasses. Brad was the judge and was great too. Great cast.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sun 04 Mar 2012, 05:22

It was so good... i was very impressed with the whole cast...well especially GC who at first I didn't think would have much of a roll but boy was I wrong....I have always loved Martin Sheen...so powerful. BP did a great job too and at the last minute...

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Sun 04 Mar 2012, 05:26

Bravo Bravo ( clap clap clap clapclap, etc ) bravo bravo.
Whole cast was excellent !!
Fantastic

Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Sun 04 Mar 2012, 05:49

thx for the pics !!!!!!!!!!!!

(I'm not able to watch vids)

he looks great ! especially when wearing glasses
Vi
Vi
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Astras Sun 04 Mar 2012, 05:51

Wow!! Everyone did a fantastic job! Bravo indeed. *Standing O*

I hope my stream was so herky-jerky because so many people were watching. George was inspired and really nailed it. I thought the scenes between he and John C Reilly especially sparkled. They each captured the essence of the absurdity of prop 8 - at least IMHO. George has such gravitas that he is utterly believable as David Boies - a rather remarkable lawyer. I remember him well from the Gore vs Bush election battle of 2000. It was a treat to see Martin Sheen back in his President Bartlett fightin' mode. It would have been special to have been in the live audience, but I'm glad this was made available for people all over the world to witness. Good stuff!

George with the real David Boies:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Curtain call with Martin Sheen:

Lighting up the stage:

Astras
Astras
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Sun 04 Mar 2012, 05:58

Danke !
Vi
Vi
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by yuanling Sun 04 Mar 2012, 06:00

Very handsome and sexy with glasses on!!!

yuanling
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sun 04 Mar 2012, 06:05

It was really great. Loved the reading thought it was funny and witty and of course informative. I loved all the actors it was very well done. George does look cute in his glasses and so did Brad.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Sun 04 Mar 2012, 06:08

Great Pics. Thanks for posting them!! Good job George!

Is that last pic his Zoolander look ( it's a movie if you don't know ) Laughing

Hey I forgotten until tonight that U of M in Ann Arbor did Prop 8 the play back in November when i read an article just now. Too bad I missed it.

Last edited by Michelle meyers on Sun 04 Mar 2012, 06:22; edited 1 time in total
Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 04 Mar 2012, 06:10

Astras, I'm sorry your video was jerky. I expanded mine to full screen and it was awesome! I'm glad they brought the "real" people up on stage. Just made it extra special. Rob should take a giant bow for his direction.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Astras Sun 04 Mar 2012, 06:46

He's got such gloriously long eyelashes...

Did anyone else experience a couple of random Prop 8 commercials during the reading? LOL! I don't know if it was my stream or if those were intentional, because it did break up the flow a bit.
Astras
Astras
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Astras Sun 04 Mar 2012, 06:57

Nice review of the play from Gayapolis.com (sorry for the missing link. I've not been a member long enough to post links)

George Clooney and All Star Cast Shine in Prop 8 Play Reading

My husband Mark and I just finished watching the Prop 8 Play live from Los Angeles, featuring an amazing array of stars, from George Clooney and Martin Sheen as Olson and Boies to the amazing Jane Lynch as Maggie Gallagher with a stare that could stop a truck.

But the emotional core of the night's performance was carried by Christine Lahti as one of the four prop 8 plaintiffs, especially when she spoke movingly about how her sister's death at a young age inflamed in her a desire to be a mother, and how, the defense attorney's claims notwithstanding, how much she had fought for the chance to be a mother to her two twin sons.

The play also laid bare the pathetic nature of the defense witnesses, especially in the performance of George Takei, who got one of the best laughs of the night, and the clueless brilliance of John C. Reilly, who ultimately functioned as a witness for the plaintiffs.

Both Clooney and Sheen were fantastic, with Clooney saying more with a stare than many actors could manage with ten lines, and Brad Pitt, a late addition, brought just the right amount of skepticism to the role of Judge Walker.

After the play, the real plaintiffs and attorneys took the stage, and made the point that if marriage equality's opponents hadn't fought so hard and long to keep the video tapes of the trial under lock and key, this amazing night might never have happened.

And the play reminded us - "the stand is a lonely place to lie."

The full play should be posted live soon - we'll add it or a link to it here as soon as we can.

Astras
Astras
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 04 Mar 2012, 07:31

ciao bellissimo! I love you

(for now, hope to read the whol thing asap)
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Sun 04 Mar 2012, 08:20

laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Sun 04 Mar 2012, 08:27

laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Sun 04 Mar 2012, 08:30

laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 04 Mar 2012, 08:35

Clooney saying more with a stare than many actors could manage with ten lines

Love4
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 04 Mar 2012, 08:38

oh!
the giant was there too?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by macs Sun 04 Mar 2012, 08:42

Laetval, thank you so much for the vid.
What would we do without you love1
(I'll take the time to watch it later I want to give it full attention
love Martin Sheen ! he's just great
macs
macs
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sun 04 Mar 2012, 10:14

I love Martin Sheen too. They were all good! Great play. Thanks for the pictures and video.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 04 Mar 2012, 10:18

can' see the vid!!! it never starts
or stope at near 25 min

WTFFFFFFFFF
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 04 Mar 2012, 10:40

the French site says
The actual play performance starts at 29:50 in this video

can you see it?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 04 Mar 2012, 11:31

Try again with this link ? Sometimes this works second time around....
Good Luck

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 04 Mar 2012, 11:35

Brad Pitt & George Clooney: '8' Performance Pics!

Brad Pitt and George Clooney perform on stage during the one night only benefit reading of the play 8 on Saturday (March 3) held at The Wilshire Ebell Theatre in Los Angeles.

The 48-year-old Moneyball actor played the role of Judge Walker and George played the role of lawyer David Boies.

George‘s girlfriend Stacy Keibler sat in the audience during the show to support her man.

Also pictured inside: The play’s writer Dustin Lance Black.

In case you missed the live stream of the play, you can watch the entire performance now on YouTube! Skip ahead to the 30 minute mark to watch the show.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 04 Mar 2012, 11:40

Short video here....

Prop 8 play premieres in LA with Clooney, Pitt
Saturday, March 03, 2012

TAGS:celebrity, same-sex marriage, theater news, entertainment, amy powell
Comment NowEmailPrintReport a typo

Amy Powell
More: Bio, E-mail, Recent Stories, News Team
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- George Clooney, Martin Sheen, Brad Pitt and Jamie Lee Curtis were among the stars in Saturday night's West Coast premiere of "8," a play about the courtroom battle over Proposition 8, California's ban on same-sex marriage.

The play, which took place at the Wilshire Ebell Theatre, was written by Academy Award-winning screenwriter Dustin Lance Black, who also wrote the story for "Milk."

The playwright said his goal is to show that marriage is a basic constitutional right and same-sex couples should have the right to marry.

The play includes dialogue based on the transcripts from the trial.

"You can say all you want to the media, you can talk on television and say what you want, but in a court of law, you raise your hand and you've got to tell the truth," said Rob Reiner, who directed the production. "When the truth came out, it was very clear that there is absolutely no reason why a gay person shouldn't have the same rights as everyone else."

"We kind of came here all for the same reason," said actor Matthew Morrison, who also was in the production. "We're all equals today and no one was bigger than the other person. We were all here for this amazing cause."

The show served as a fundraiser for same-sex marriage efforts across the country.

(Copyright ©2012 KABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 04 Mar 2012, 11:42

thanks Jo!

I'll try later, thanks darling!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sun 04 Mar 2012, 11:49

Will watch tomorrow. Interesting that Barbie has not tweeted about it. Guess if she isn't the centre of attention it doesn't get a mention. Or it isn't part of their offical famewhoring calendar.
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 04 Mar 2012, 12:00

Thanks laetval for all the pictures and especially the video.
Very much appreciated here across the pond. Sofa bounce

Do we really want comments about anyone other than George
and the play on this thread ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Sun 04 Mar 2012, 14:51

laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Sun 04 Mar 2012, 14:59

laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sun 04 Mar 2012, 15:20

what a great performance by all. George looked hot in his glasses, really emphasizes those beautiful eye lashes. Loved his piece with John C Reilly, they really worked well together. George rocked!!!!!!
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 04 Mar 2012, 15:48

More pictures here...

Brad Pitt, George Clooney Perform in Prop 8 Play

Posted: March 4, 2012 1:20 AM EST
Brad Pitt, George Clooney
Actors Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Martin Sheen and Kevin Bacon performed a reading of the play "8" in Los Angeles' Wilshire Ebell Theatre on Saturday.
The play, written by Academy Award winner Dustin Lance Black, is an account of the 2010 federal trial that eventually led to a ruling which overturned California's Proposition 8, which established that only marriage between a man and a woman was valid or recognized in the state.

The play also streamed live on YouTube.
Black, who is also a founding board member of the American Foundation for Equal Rights, said in a statement released by the organization that the play serves as a way for people to witness what happened in the Proposition 8 trial.

"People need to witness what happened in the Proposition 8 trial, if for no other reason than to see inequality and discrimination unequivocally rejected in a court of law where truth and facts matter," said Black.
Pitt played Judge Vaughn R. Walker. Clooney, Sheen and Bacon had roles as attorneys. (See Pictures Below.) Jamie Lee Curtis and George Takei were also among the cast members.

The reading is serving as a fundraiser for the AFER, the sole sponsor of the challenge to California's Proposition 8.
While the play covers the events which took place during the initial trial, the fight over the fate of Proposition 8 has continued.

In early February, a three judge panel of U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals upheld a lower court's ruling striking down the law. Proposition 8 backers asked the entire 9th Circuit on Feb. 21 to review the smaller panel's decision, which declared that the proposition violated the civil rights of gays and lesbians in California.
"This gives the entire Ninth Circuit a chance to correct this anomalous decision by just two judges overturning the vote of seven million Californians," said Andy Pugno, general counsel for Proposition 8 backers.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Sun 04 Mar 2012, 15:51

How many people watched this streaming ? About 500 on my youtube account, that's not much at all ! affraid
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Sun 04 Mar 2012, 15:51

What an amazing cast!!!!!

@Joanna - close your eyes so you don't read this next part, cuz this won't make sense if I just post it over on her thread......

Yes, Watching I totally agree! She can tweet about all the little crappy sh*t, and happily does it for money, but for a cause like this she can't help spread the word? There, in a nutshell, is what she's all about.

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by macs Sun 04 Mar 2012, 15:53

agreed ! such an awesome play, and great great cast
doesn't look like they had so much rehearsal time, still they did a great job to be all on the same tune
and reading is not as easy as it seems : they all made it so enjoyable, and the crowd seems to respond to it so well
definitly a keeper
macs
macs
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Sun 04 Mar 2012, 15:53

Coolio
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 04 Mar 2012, 15:54

Thanks Joanna for the article and pictures. George is really passionate about his beliefs. And he, as always, roots for the underdog.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sun 04 Mar 2012, 15:59

@Atalante according to AmericanEqualRights twitter feed they had 210000 live viewers....I am thinking that the 500 is for the replay, which might not take into account sharing of the video....hope that helps....

Oh and thanks everyone for the photos....

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Sun 04 Mar 2012, 16:04

Well okay but one of the lawyers wanted billions of viewers around the world, so ... . If you have a cast like that, were they not a wee bit late to anounce the fact they were going to livestream the play ??? Or maybe I'm just stupid. Ha ! LOL!
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 04 Mar 2012, 16:07

It's even made the BBC News here in UK....a little video at this link

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next