I forgot my password

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2

Post by Dexterdidit on Sat 07 Jan 2012, 05:12

And I'm not sure how it helps being papped at the shop across the street. Wouldn't getting papped outside the shop or even better inside? That would give them some much needed publicity and yes I believe Eli would be tweeting about it. Also the appointments are made to suit the celebrities not Eli's life. For some reason Val isn't worrying about it which is odd considering how many award shows there are in January and people would be looking for gowns etc now. They need fittings etc. Not a single word about this shop anywhere so unless there is some secret way to let only celebrities know I can't see how anyone would know unless they were following Val. And I agree Melbert it could be that it was decided Eli was more a hindrance let's face it she never exactly hit the mark with her style or lack of it and she didn't seem to make a whole lot of friends either.
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by zizi on Sat 07 Jan 2012, 06:06

Looks like she desperately needs attention. Sad

zizi
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Sat 07 Jan 2012, 07:01

For all we know there's a whole team working on the shop which is open and doing roaring business. Or perhaps it's not open yet and has been delayed.

Twitter isn't the only way to promote or talk about a project, especially if the project clientele aren't following your tweets anyway.
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by watching on Sat 07 Jan 2012, 09:14

The store isn't for civilians - it's for celebrities, publicists and designers. She doesn't need to promote the store location as there is no walk in traffic. They would probably want to avoid having "fans" come by and bother them. I would assume the first big hurdle of the business is getting clients to use the PR service, not getting paps to take the picture of a co-owner which doesn't promote the client or the products that they are trying to shill therefore doesn;t help them turn a profit. Why would Betty mention it on twitter or get papped in front of it - general shoppers is not the store demographic. Val mentions it as she is PR so she has more credibility in that field, not Betty.

I think the reason Betty is turning up the store whilst Val is away is the tradeoff of knowing that if she goes across the road to Fed Segal for "lunch", she can be reasonably certain she will get papped there. Unless she grew work ethic overnight.
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit on Sat 07 Jan 2012, 10:34

Watching we don't know that Bette is turning up at the store. We know she is being papped across the road from there at Fred Segals but not once has she been papped going in or out of Val's store and if she had they would have mentioned it. I don't think for a minute that Bette would even consider working in a store like that behind the counter. You need a certain attitude for any sort of retail outlet up market or not and Bette is a buyer not a seller. I don't believe she has anything to do with it, if Val has been on holidays then she should have a staff there. You have to advertise somehow even for exclusive clientele. It could be that there has been a delay, Val was asking for more products so maybe she is having problems in that area. I'm sure she will let us know, Val hasn't been shy about tweeting about it in the past so I don't see why she should be now. I don't think Eli has anything to do with it anymore or she would have been talking up all her big business sense. She has never been shy in making herself seem good. Bette tweets just about everything she does so no it makes no sense she wouldn't be tweeting about it if she had something to do with it. We have the dogs, her at the airport, her reading a book, her in a bikini on a beach the woman tweets everyday. Or it seems more likely Eli has worked out that Fred Segal is where the paps hang out and that is where she will get the most attention she has been pictured outside there for months long before the shop opened!
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar on Sat 07 Jan 2012, 14:29

So yesterday I was in line at the grocery store and started reading all the gossip magazines out of boredom. One of them had the Best and the Worst Beach Bodies. In the middle spread, under "Worst Beach Bodies" there was a picture of Elisabetta. I had to buy the magazine although I never bought it before to scan the page. This pix of her must have been from last visit to Cabo, just before she started DWTS. So...what happened to the amazing abs, the fantastic bikini bod magazines were talking about? She is listed in the worst category. Hope the scanning is satisfactory. My scanner is on its last leg.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

click on the picture to expand it.

Last edited by Katiedot on Sat 07 Jan 2012, 16:41; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added the pic)
socimar
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl on Sat 07 Jan 2012, 15:34

I remember seeing that series of pics back when they were taken. I believe comments were made back then about how skinny she looked.
Even the pic earlier in thread with back view at that pool, she looked much too skinny. Hope she puts some meat back on soon.

Maybe this obsession with being skinny is one of the reasons for her parting with George. I think he likes a little meat on "dem bones".
lol!
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Sat 07 Jan 2012, 15:41

come a little ? Oi, you!
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert on Sat 07 Jan 2012, 18:19

Socimar, thanks for your HUGE sacrifice in buying that and posting it here, saving us from having to do it!!!! Good job!
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney on Sat 07 Jan 2012, 21:41

she did loose a ton of weight when training for DWTS. I think even she admitted too much. Hopefully with all those lunches at fred Segal she'll put it back on in no time. I've always thought she had a healthy body, slim but with curves. At least she does eat, unlike cray cray who is constantly cleansing to keep her weight down. Seems like cleansing is just a more accepted version of Bulimia.
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by watching on Sat 07 Jan 2012, 22:10

That pic was from the new year Mexico trip 2010/2011. She had dropped a lot of weight - my only guess could be for work purposes? Maybe to be able to fit into the sample size dressed for San Remo or back thern she was planning her LA strategy and thought she needed to be skinner to be competitive for jobs. Or she knew G was stepping out without her.

For her ribs to be that visible in a picture taken by a pap with a long lens camera is just wrong. Maybe she is happy with the look (and the level of effort and sacrifice it takes to stay there) but she really hasn't put the weight back on to be deemed not underweight.

Last edited by watching on Sun 08 Jan 2012, 03:38; edited 1 time in total
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar on Sat 07 Jan 2012, 22:45

The next mrs clooney wrote:she did loose a ton of weight when training for DWTS. I think even she admitted too much. Hopefully with all those lunches at fred Segal she'll put it back on in no time. I've always thought she had a healthy body, slim but with curves. At least she does eat, unlike cray cray who is constantly cleansing to keep her weight down. Seems like cleansing is just a more accepted version of Bulimia.

She is always lunching and going to restaurants but nobody has ever seen her actually chewing on a piece of food. Once she mentioned on a twitter that she loves and usually orders take-out Japanese food because it has less calories than other ethnic food. Does she need to worry about calories?? I think that because she was overweight as a teenager (she was rejected as a model because she was too plump!), she is now obsessed with staying thin and she doesn't see herself as being too thin.
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb on Sat 07 Jan 2012, 23:16

socimar wrote:
The next mrs clooney wrote:she did loose a ton of weight when training for DWTS. I think even she admitted too much. Hopefully with all those lunches at fred Segal she'll put it back on in no time. I've always thought she had a healthy body, slim but with curves. At least she does eat, unlike cray cray who is constantly cleansing to keep her weight down. Seems like cleansing is just a more accepted version of Bulimia.

She is always lunching and going to restaurants but nobody has ever seen her actually chewing on a piece of food. Once she mentioned on a twitter that she loves and usually orders take-out Japanese food because it has less calories than other ethnic food. Does she need to worry about calories?? I think that because she was overweight as a teenager (she was rejected as a model because she was too plump!), she is now obsessed with staying thin and she doesn't see herself as being too thin.

SOCIM, Ely at twenty years had an exceptional physical if he has ever done just because the model was only 1.70 high is 1.80 at least I do not like all mdelle in general!
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit on Sat 07 Jan 2012, 23:20

Eli was looking underweight before she did DWTS. She seems to like it that way but she has looked sickly at times. I think she would look better with a little meat on her bones. We see her at the cafe but never eating always smoking......
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney on Sun 08 Jan 2012, 00:16

I obviously have seen many pictures that are different to you all as I have seen her stuffing her face many times in a picture. She was not a model because she is not tall enough, not because she was too fat. Why is everyone still trashing her so bad?? she is no longer with George so not a threat to our delusions of being with him lol!
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar on Sun 08 Jan 2012, 02:02

The next mrs clooney wrote:I obviously have seen many pictures that are different to you all as I have seen her stuffing her face many times in a picture. She was not a model because she is not tall enough, not because she was too fat. Why is everyone still trashing her so bad?? she is no longer with George so not a threat to our delusions of being with him lol!

She has said many times that she was quite heavy when she was growing up. I have posted in the past pictures of Canalis wearing heavy glasses, big head of curly hair and also some black and white picture of a fashion show at the Palazzetto dello Sport of Sassari where she is really quite “big”. I cannot find these picture now but I can try, in any case they should be in this site….somewhere. The latest time she has mentioned this it was in Italy on November 11 during the Pantene Campaign:

26/11/2011
Elisabetta Canalis, nuova testimonial Pantene.

Nessuno tocchi le veline
Visto che se ne parla, Elisabetta rivendica con orgoglio di essere stata una velina. “Volevo fare la modella, ma ero troppo pienotta, quando ho cominciato io, chi sfilava doveva essere magrissima, così ho provato con la Tv e mi hanno preso a Striscia”..................

Elisabetta Canalis, new testimonial for Pantene, 11/26/2011
Don’t touch the veline. Since we are talking about them, Elisabetta is proud to admit that she was one herself. “I wanted to be a model, but I was too large, when I started all models were thin, so I tried TV and I was accepted at Striscia la Notizia”................

I just found one:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Sun 08 Jan 2012, 02:47

Most women believe themselves to be too fat (I said most, not all!) and being thin and staying thin is the ultimate thing if you want to be in the public's eye.

I would bet everything I had that if Elisabetta saw that magazine article that Socimar scanned she would take one look at the other two women featured on the same page as her and breathe a huge sigh of relief that she's not their size.

In the world of celebrity, underweight is better than overweight every time. Sad but true.
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney on Sun 08 Jan 2012, 21:19

when she gave her interviews while working on Leverage she said she was not tall enough to be a model, didn't mention her weight. Katiedot, you are right there is so much pressure for women to be thin and even those that are feel they are not. Every new star that his Hollywood seems to lose at least 20 pounds when they get there.
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by watching on Tue 10 Jan 2012, 22:08

Betty must have been getting some heat about repping for Pantene by the italians when she is so outspoken about PETA.

10 January 2012
Many of you rightly ask me whether it is a contradiction to be PETA spokesperson and be the face of Pantene Haircare because many cosmetics companies test on animals. I think I'm consistent with myself and I would like to inform you about how this brand operates today. Unipro is the association of Italian cosmetics industries: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] testing of cosmetics on animals are not allowed in Europe, there have strict regulations to be respected and P & G Pantene, and were pioneers in applying the ban in the world ten years before the law. If it is not 'just provide you with' more 'details (of which I am aware). I hope to be helpful ..

Which then someone replied:
dolzamer66 6 hours ago
According to PETA's Caring Consumer Program of January 10, 2012 (current, then) Pantene (Procter & Gamble) and 'still on the list of companies to boycott because' test on animals. This' link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

watching

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit on Tue 10 Jan 2012, 22:51

I'm surprised no one has asked her about her collection of leather handbags etc? She must be getting bad reports or why else respond. Guess the peta thing wasn't such a good idea.....
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney on Tue 10 Jan 2012, 23:02

there have been questions since she went to Milan and became the official spokes person for Pantene. P and G were listed on PETA's website as testing their products on animals. Animal testing for cosmetics has been banned in Europe for many years ( I come from Europe that's how I know). Not sure if it is banned in the US so maybe this is where the confusion lies. Eli is the spokes person for Pantene in Italy only and not affiliated with P and G USA. I commend her for taking any stance against animal cruelty. Wearing fur is wrong and she spoke out about it. Maybe her affiliation with PETA will make her change her handbag collection, who knows?? If you can stop at least 1 person wearing fur then the PETA thing was a good idea. More celebrities need to follow suit, including cray cray who has been pictured wearing fur yet refuses to respond on twitter about this.
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit on Tue 10 Jan 2012, 23:24

Eli has been seen wearing fur when she was with George and she worked for Cavalli who still uses fur in his clothing line. So she isn't that against fur use. I doubt she would give up buying her handbags and shoes for anything. It was more for her own PR then anything else several of us wrote to PETA about it and got a generic reply about people learning slowly about what is right and wrong. Clearly Eli is learning very slowly.....PETA has gotten in trouble for using celebrities who have and still do wear fur the Kardashian girl they featured got them a lot of flack too. Sounds like Eli is using the US information not the Europe information her PR needs to do something or they maybe hoping it will just go away. Cray cray doesn't respond to anything on twitter unless it's something involving her in a good light. She also doesn't retweet for causes etc as someone else pointed out! Guess going out with George is her charity work.
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney on Tue 10 Jan 2012, 23:31

she has admitted in the past to wearing fur, never denied, but doesn't wear it anymore. We all have the ability to change and glad to see she has made a change by not wearing fur. more people need to do this.
I agree in cray cray she only responds to people that are talking about how beautiful she looks and how great her movie was. she is way too egocentric to care about other tweets. It's a shame cos she has a really good platform right now with all the publicity she is getting, it would be great if she could take George's lead and start caring about others and taking action.
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar on Wed 11 Jan 2012, 01:05

watching wrote:Betty must have been getting some heat about repping for Pantene by the italians when she is so outspoken about PETA.

10 January 2012
Many of you rightly ask me whether it is a contradiction to be PETA spokesperson and be the face of Pantene Haircare because many cosmetics companies test on animals. I think I'm consistent with myself and I would like to inform you about how this brand operates today. Unipro is the association of Italian cosmetics industries: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] testing of cosmetics on animals are not allowed in Europe, there have strict regulations to be respected and P & G Pantene, and were pioneers in applying the ban in the world ten years before the law. If it is not 'just provide you with' more 'details (of which I am aware). I hope to be helpful ..

Which then someone replied:
dolzamer66 6 hours ago
According to PETA's Caring Consumer Program of January 10, 2012 (current, then) Pantene (Procter & Gamble) and 'still on the list of companies to boycott because' test on animals. This' link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

yes, I read that PETA Caring Consumer Program. It's a PDF file that you can download from the Peta's website and it was updated TODAY. It gives a list of companies who should be boicotted because they still test on animals, among which Pantene (Procter & Gamble). I don't know where Eli gets her information from but I checked somewhere else on the internet and they all say the same thing. Eli has a very good friend named Michelle Cho who is rep for Peta, showuldn't Michelle have said something to her?
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar on Wed 11 Jan 2012, 01:14

news release

HERBAL ESSENCES CAUGHT DECEIVING PUBLIC OVER CRUELTY TO ANIMALS
They always say what you want to hear..:
From a website:
P&G have been forced to withdraw an advert for their hair care range ‘Herbal Essences’ which falsely claimed ‘we don’t test on animals’, following a complaint submitted by Uncaged to the Advertising Standards Authority. When challenged, P&G admitted the statement contradicted thousands of chemical poisoning tests that they still carry out on animals for the sake of Herbal Essences, Pantene, Olay and other beauty brands.

In another website and regarding the European ban and P&G being the sponsor of the 2012 Olympic Games:

The UK, the host country for the 2012 Games, banned animal testing for cosmetics on the grounds of unnecessary cruelty back in 1998. That ban has now been extended across the European Union. Procter & Gamble evade this ban by testing cosmetics on animals in the USA and other countries with weak animal welfare laws.
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar on Wed 11 Jan 2012, 01:39

The next mrs clooney wrote:there have been questions since she went to Milan and became the official spokes person for Pantene. P and G were listed on PETA's website as testing their products on animals. Animal testing for cosmetics has been banned in Europe for many years ( I come from Europe that's how I know). Not sure if it is banned in the US so maybe this is where the confusion lies. Eli is the spokes person for Pantene in Italy only and not affiliated with P and G USA. I commend her for taking any stance against animal cruelty. Wearing fur is wrong and she spoke out about it. Maybe her affiliation with PETA will make her change her handbag collection, who knows?? If you can stop at least 1 person wearing fur then the PETA thing was a good idea. More celebrities need to follow suit, including cray cray who has been pictured wearing fur yet refuses to respond on twitter about this.

There is only one P&G, the one in Europe IS affiliated with the one in the US, China, etc.. This is from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Of course P&G realise that the vast majority of people are against animal testing for cosmetics and household cleaning products, so they try to give the impression that they only test on animals as a last resort. This is untrue. A leaked memo revealed that P&G have been lobbying behind the scenes to stop a ban on animal testing for cosmetics within the European Union.

The testing of cosmetic products and ingredients is already banned in the UK (since 1998), but P&G are an international company which means that they can do their animal testing elsewhere and still sell their tainted products here in the UK.
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Wed 11 Jan 2012, 04:11

Is testing cosmetics on animals still legal in the US?? So it seems to me that the European law needs to be still strengthened further and changed so that products tested on animals anywhere in the world can't be sold in Europe.

Of course there's no real way of proving whether or not a product has been tested on animals when it's done abroad.
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by watching on Wed 11 Jan 2012, 05:56

Really Next mrs clooney? When the PETA gig was announced and she was doing press, she claimed that when she was child she saw a documentary about animals being skinned for their fur and swore at that childhood age that she would never wear fur in her life.

Reference:

Elisabetta Canalis: PETA Perfection
Posted Friday September 9, 2011 2:40 PM GMT

Lending her support to prevent cruelty to animals, Elisabetta Canalis is featured naked in the new PETA ad campaign. The Italian stunner poses in the buff to prove she’d “rather go naked than wear fur,” a decision she made after watching a documentary about the fur industry. Ms. Canalis explained, “I was a little girl, but by that moment I thought that I would never, never, never wear fur in my life.”

Last edited by watching on Wed 11 Jan 2012, 06:00; edited 1 time in total
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy on Wed 11 Jan 2012, 06:00

Don't know if it's still legal to test products on animals here, but most companies make " NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS " a big part of their advertising and marketing.
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar on Wed 11 Jan 2012, 13:06

lucy wrote:Don't know if it's still legal to test products on animals here, but most companies make " NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS " a big part of their advertising and marketing.

This is the situation of animal testing:
Due to the strong public backlash against cosmetic testing on animals, most cosmetic manufacturers say their products are not tested on animals. However, they are still required by trading standards and consumer protection laws in most countries to show their products are not toxic and dangerous to public health, and that the ingredients are not dangerous in large quantities. In some countries, it is possible to meet these requirements without any further tests on animals. In other countries, it may require animal testing to meet legal requirements. The United States and Japan are frequently criticized for their insistence on stringent safety measures, which often requires animal testing. Some retailers distinguish themselves in the marketplace by their stance on animal testing. The Co-operative Group in the UK maintains a cosmetic-testing website, which includes statements from all their suppliers about the extent of their animal testing.

European Union bans
Testing of cosmetics on animals is banned in the Netherlands, Belgium, and the United Kingdom, and in 2002, after 13 years of discussion, the European Union (EU) agreed to phase in a near-total ban on the sale of animal-tested cosmetics throughout the EU from 2009, and to ban all cosmetics-related animal testing.

Products in Europe not tested on animals carry a “rabbit” symbol. France, which is home to the world's largest cosmetics company, L'Oréal, has protested the proposed ban by lodging a case at the European Court of Justice in Luxembourg, asking that the ban be quashed. The ban is also opposed by the European Federation for Cosmetics Ingredients, which represents 70 companies in Switzerland, Belgium, France, Germany and Italy.

UK position
Although the British Home Office stopped giving licences to test finished cosmetic products in 1998, compounds that have both cosmetic and medical uses, such as those in the "anti-wrinkle" preparations Zyderm, Restylane and Botox, are still bound by the regulations requiring animal testing. According to activists, a raid on a laboratory in 2004 revealed that the LD50 test is still used on every batch of Botox (a toxin that, when administered intravenously, is lethal to humans) to establish potency .

Alternatives
Cosmetics manufacturers who genuinely do not test on animals generally use the following for safety testing of their products:
▪ reliance on existing natural or synthetic ingredients, compounds and substances, which have already been extensively tested on animals;
▪ avoiding novel ingredients or combinations of ingredients that have not been fully tested and may not be safe;
▪ testing on human volunteers/clinical trials.

This presumes that cosmetics companies are already using computer modeling and cell cultures to simulate human tissue, two techniques that have had ambiguous utility in discovering problems early. Supporters of animal testing say that neither can fully replace live human or non-human animal tests.
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney on Wed 11 Jan 2012, 15:49

lucy wrote:Don't know if it's still legal to test products on animals here, but most companies make " NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS " a big part of their advertising and marketing.

there is a difference between testing the product on animals and testing the ingredients in products on animals, this is where the problem lies. P and G have been testing the ingredients not the actual product which is deemed as deception by many.
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney on Wed 11 Jan 2012, 15:55

watching wrote:Really Next mrs clooney? When the PETA gig was announced and she was doing press, she claimed that when she was child she saw a documentary about animals being skinned for their fur and swore at that childhood age that she would never wear fur in her life.

Reference:

Elisabetta Canalis: PETA Perfection
Posted Friday September 9, 2011 2:40 PM GMT

Lending her support to prevent cruelty to animals, Elisabetta Canalis is featured naked in the new PETA ad campaign. The Italian stunner poses in the buff to prove she’d “rather go naked than wear fur,” a decision she made after watching a documentary about the fur industry. Ms. Canalis explained, “I was a little girl, but
by that moment I thought that I would never, never, never wear fur in my life.”

Remember that not everything you read is true. with so many stories in the press who knows what the real answer is, also who knows if the fur she was wearing was faux or not? you really cannot tell just by looking. I am well versed on animal rights and welfare and don't need a lecture on it thanks very much. P and G while an international company has many subsidiaries in many countries that all act on the countries laws. Not my fault if the US still thinks it's ok to abuse animals. Is it not time to move on from Eli?? many people complain she is no longer relevant, but you all make her relevant by keep posting about her, JMHO. Lets get back to focusing on George which is why we all supposedly joined this forum.
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar on Wed 11 Jan 2012, 19:20

The next mrs clooney wrote:

there is a difference between testing the product on animals and testing the ingredients in products on animals, this is where the problem lies. P and G have been testing the ingredients not the actual product which is deemed as deception by many.

You asked why the US and Japan do not care about animals rights. In the US the animals are closed monitored by the IACUC ( Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee) which regulates all vertebrates in testing at institutions . Although the provisions of the Animal Welfare Act do not include purpose-bred rodents and birds, these species are equally regulated under Public Health Service policies that govern the IACUCs. Animal Welfare Act regulations are enforced by the USDA, whereas Public Health Service regulations are enforced by OLAW and in many cases by AAALAC. NO ANIMAL IS MADE TO SUFFER. If a formulation/compound is toxic to an animal and the animal is in distress he has to be immediately euthanized.

These are the regulations in the US (and also Japan) because unlike many other countries (like EU) they are very strict about safety. New products still must undergo rigorous safety testing--whether they are tested on animals or not. These days, a cosmetics manufacturer may rely on some combination of computer modeling, in vitro tests, and trials with human volunteers, instead of on animal tests. The bottom line, however, is that all ingredients used in making cosmetics either have been tested on animals at some point or are known to be safe based on decades of use.

It is true that European Community doesn't allow doing animal testing for finished cosmetic products or their prototypes anymore.

That being said you have to make a distinction between the finished cosmetic products and the ingredients they are made of.

Almost all raw ingredients have been tested in the past and if there is no viable alternative new ingredients are still being tested. To close a potential loophole the directives specifically state that if an ingredient has been tested with animals at some point, it is "animal tested" regardless of whether the manufacturer or supplier you're purchasing it from has done any.

To legally market something as "not tested with animals" in the EC you need to provide proof that none of the ingredients you are using in the formulation have never been animal tested by anybody. This is to close a potential loophole where you could outsource the animal testing. Practically it is quite difficult to legally market cosmetic product as "Non animal tested" in the European Community.

You see - it doesn't matter who did the animal testing for a certain chemical. If you're using that chemical in your formulation, then in fact that chemical has been tested with animals.

Pantene, made by Procter & Gamble (P&G) is being tested on animals. P&G is an international company and if animal testing is banned in Europe they outsource the testing somewhere else but they still sell their products in Europe.

How do I know?? 26 years working in a lab (I retired in April)...and P&G was one of our clients.
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar on Wed 11 Jan 2012, 20:13

[quote] The next mrs. clooney - Is it not time to move on from Eli?? many people complain she is no longer relevant, but you all make her relevant by keep posting about her, JMHO. Lets get back to focusing on George which is why we all supposedly joined this forum.[quote/]

My previous message was too long so I could not reply to this other one.
I will move from this thread the day Eli can stand on her own and is no longer referred to as George's ex. As long as she is still officially the "ex" of my favorite actor (even Peta calls her the "ex") I will post my comments. Also, this s a downtime for George...until things start picking up, I find Eli's tweets quite clueless but entertaining.
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney on Wed 11 Jan 2012, 21:12

So as someone who has worked in a lab for 26 years and obviously tested products on animals then you should be the last person to be giving Eli a hard time on this. She may have joined forces with Pantene not knowing what they are doing due to the labeling and testing guidelines being deceptive in the US, but you willingly tested things on animals. Way to go Socimar.
Byt he way this is not a down time for George it is actually the busiest he has been in a long time due to two movies and his award season campaigns. Something new about him in the press each day, none of which has anything to do with Eli.
If you want to discuss animal testing further I am happy to provide you with more education privately so just message me. Don't think this is appropriate for a forum about George.
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar on Thu 12 Jan 2012, 00:08

The next mrs clooney wrote:So as someone who has worked in a lab for 26 years and obviously tested products on animals then you should be the last person to be giving Eli a hard time on this. She may have joined forces with Pantene not knowing what they are doing due to the labeling and testing guidelines being deceptive in the US, but you willingly tested things on animals. Way to go Socimar.
Byt he way this is not a down time for George it is actually the busiest he has been in a long time due to two movies and his award season campaigns. Something new about him in the press each day, none of which has anything to do with Eli.
If you want to discuss animal testing further I am happy to provide you with more education privately so just message me. Don't think this is appropriate for a forum about George.

I don't need to discuss any animal testing privately with you. I only know that they have saved million of human lives (it was thanks to a dog study that they found the cure for diabetes, remember?). Time will come when animals will be replaced by Petri dishes, cell, etc. but at the moment this is not possible, not for everything at least and believe me when I tell you that labs are working very hard to replace them because among other things they are very expensive and you need trained professionals to take care of them. George is not extremely busy YET but he will be shortly. He was not nominated for The Ides of March which I am very surprised but I but I heard today that he was for The Descendants, so things are starting to move. As for Eli what you say, about joining forces with Pantene not knowing exactly about the labeling/guidelines were, I have to agree with you, except that one of her best friends, Michelle Cho, is a Peta Rep (the one who got her to join Peta and pose nude for the poster) and she is always with her. Couldn't Michelle have mentioned something to Eli? No, because naked pictures of Eli and other celebrities draw attention to the Peta causes so they take advantage of the situation and they leave people like Eli to fend for themselves when trouble arises. She should have been told and for once in my life I really feel sorry for her.

End of my comments on animal testing, no more!
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit on Thu 12 Jan 2012, 00:25

Eli tweeted about having dinner with Michelle not that long ago and I would find it hard to believe she never said anything to her about Pantene in Italy someone that into Peta causes would know what is going on elsewhere. But yes I find PETA pretty much disappears once they get the attention they want. Also the watching the documentry and seeing how they got fur when she was a child and vowing never to wear it comment actually came from an interview Eli did to promote her naked billboard in the States. The words came from her very own mouth and since she has worn fur in fact just about a year before we did call her out on it. Eli has fibbed more then once it's why we called her a flip flopper she says things in one interview then changes the story in the next. If PETA didn't let her know about Pantene then clearly they aren't doing their job and Eli just wants the paycheck anyway.
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb on Thu 12 Jan 2012, 03:48

I cant believe someone would give someone else a BIG RED NEG just because someone states their opinion. Opinions do not have a right or wrong; they are just compositions of facts based on someone's life experiences. If I got negged every time I posted something, I would stop posting.
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit on Thu 12 Jan 2012, 05:51

Happens all the time play. I got one yesterday for not liking Stacy's dress and makeup. But someone gave me a plus so now it's half red/half green.
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl on Thu 12 Jan 2012, 14:43

BIG RED NEG just means their opinion is that they don't agree with you opinion in a BIG way. Very Happy
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Thu 12 Jan 2012, 16:28

There are some people who are too shy to post all th etime but would still like to contribute to the conversation y liking or disliking a post.

I'd read it as someone agreeing (or disagreeing) with what you said rather than a judgment on what you're written.
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert on Thu 12 Jan 2012, 19:10

That's what I was thinking Katie. I try not to judge people as I believe that we are all special in our own way. You may not agree with me, or maybe you do, and that is your right. And whether I receive a green "+" or a red "-", I think that person is just expressing their opinion on what I have stated.
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb on Thu 12 Jan 2012, 21:28

Is 'This is the fur of which you speak? If this is, sorry but you do not know how a fur coat. This is false, or more environmentally friendly and is very evident!

lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney on Thu 12 Jan 2012, 22:28

this is a cavalli wool coat that she wore in London, definitely not fur.
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar on Fri 13 Jan 2012, 02:17

The next mrs clooney wrote:this is a cavalli wool coat that she wore in London, definitely not fur.

It may not look like fur but all the magazines/newspapers/blogs have been calling it a fur since 2009. These pictures have been brought up in this thread so many times and although some of you say that it does not look like fur, the reporters said it was. The quotes below are from 2 different magazines. Who knows, maybe Cavalli asked her to wear the dress and fur because they went well together, who know???

Eccola di nuovo Elisabetta Canalis, con un miniabito color cipria firmato Roberto Cavalli, coprispalle di pelliccia e pochette “varina” in raso di seta firmata Ferragamo, in occasione della presentazione del film di Clooney The Men Who Stare at Goats all’Odeon Leicester Square, durante The Times BFI London Film Festival a Londra.

(Translation: Here she is again Elisabetta Canalis wearing a pink mini dress by Roberto Cavalli, her shoulders covered by a fur and a small purse "varina" in satin by Ferragamo, on the occasion of the premiere of Clooneys' movie The Men Who Stare at Goats at the Odeon Leicester Square , during the The Times BFI Film Festival in London.)

Geoge Clooney partecipa alla prima del film ""The Men Who Stare At Goats", ma quando Elisabetta Canalis che lo accompagnava si toglie la pelliccia che indossava per mostrare il suo abitino di raso rosa, tutti gli occhi dei presenti sono solo su di lei, quasi ad oscurare George.

(Translation: George Clooney attending the premiere of his movie "The Men Who Stare At Goats" but when Elisabetta Canalis who was accompanying him removes her fur to show off her pink mini dress, the eyes of all attendees were on her almost obscuring George.)
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney on Fri 13 Jan 2012, 02:31

socimar wrote:
The next mrs clooney wrote:this is a cavalli wool coat that she wore in London, definitely not fur.

It may not look like fur but all the magazines/newspapers/blogs have been calling it a fur since 2009. These pictures have been brought up in this thread so many times and although some of you say that it does not look like fur, the reporters said it was. The quotes below are from 2 different magazines. Who knows, maybe Cavalli asked her to wear the dress and fur because they went well together, who know???

Eccola di nuovo Elisabetta Canalis, con un miniabito color cipria firmato Roberto Cavalli, coprispalle di pelliccia e pochette “varina” in raso di seta firmata Ferragamo, in occasione della presentazione del film di Clooney The Men Who Stare at Goats all’Odeon Leicester Square, durante The Times BFI London Film Festival a Londra.

(Translation: Here she is again Elisabetta Canalis wearing a pink mini dress by Roberto Cavalli, her shoulders covered by a fur and a small purse "varina" in satin by Ferragamo, on the occasion of the premiere of Clooneys' movie The Men Who Stare at Goats at the Odeon Leicester Square , during the The Times BFI Film Festival in London.)

Geoge Clooney partecipa alla prima del film ""The Men Who Stare At Goats", ma quando Elisabetta Canalis che lo accompagnava si toglie la pelliccia che indossava per mostrare il suo abitino di raso rosa, tutti gli occhi dei presenti sono solo su di lei, quasi ad oscurare George.

(Translation: George Clooney attending the premiere of his movie "The Men Who Stare At Goats" but when Elisabetta Canalis who was accompanying him removes her fur to show off her pink mini dress, the eyes of all attendees were on her almost obscuring George.)

unfortunately for u in London
Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Wed, 2011-09-14 00:15.
unfortunately for u in London she was wearing a Cavalli wool jacket . We sent it to her. U can find it in last Winters’s season. Go home........

Seems the people that sent it to her says it's not fur, hmmmm.
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar on Fri 13 Jan 2012, 02:39

Who knows? UK and American websites also mention the coat as being fur but they say the dress is by Issa made especially for Elisabetta, not Cavalli.

From a UK website:
TV presenter Elisabetta Canalis, a pin-up in her native Italy, shed her black fur coat to reveal a dusky pink satin strapless dress, which had been designed by Issa especially for her.

I watched the video but they only show the two of them going into the theatre and did not mention the clothes.

From an American website:
Italy's popular TV presenter and Clooney's 17 years junior, Canalis strode the red carpet in a strapless pale pink satin Issa dress under black fur coat savoring all the attention. She briefly slid her coat off for the photogs to show off her flirty custom made dress while Clooney stood aside.
She accessorized with silver Giuseppe Zanotti pumps and a matching bow clutch. Her dark brown shoulder length hair was styled in structured retro waves. She wore red lip color, charcoal eye shadow and multiple coats of mascara.
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney on Fri 13 Jan 2012, 02:53

I agree it has the look of fur however it is angora wool. I have a poncho with angora wool on it and it really does look like fur. While Eli obviously needed some proper guidance on the Pantene issue I really think she has enough brains to realize that saying you have never worn fur when you have then posing for PETA would bite her in the ass at some point. Peta doesn't only use celebrities that have never worn fur they love to use celebrities that they can say they have converted such as Khloe Kardashian, who stopped wearing fur after their videos. Eli could have easily used that route rather than saying she has never worn it.
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Fri 13 Jan 2012, 03:38

socimar wrote:Who knows? UK and American websites also mention the coat as being fur but they say the dress is by Issa made especially for Elisabetta, not Cavalli
I don't know about the Italians, but in the English press we don't always specify if a fur is real or fake (it's still considered a bit crass to say "She was wearing a fake fur" because it could sound as though she couldn't afford a real one). Often they will say it's fake but not always, and not if the writer isn't sure.

While this coat doesn't look like fur to me, I remember this conversation on another fansite where someone said they'd seen the label inside her coat and it was from a fur company. Can anyone find that picture?

Otherwise, benefit of the doubt.
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb on Fri 13 Jan 2012, 05:12

Elisabetta Canalis, who you probably know better as “George Clooney’s Italian model bit o’ stuff,” is the newest celebrity (or in this case, arm candy of a celebrity) to pose for PETA’s anti-fur campaign.

And in an interview with Entertainment Tonight, she explains why she’s taking up the cause and taking off her clothes:

I was a kid a little girl and I was watching TV at home and they showed a documentary. I saw how they killed little animals like electrocuting them, drowning them, bludging [sic] them, and I was shocked because I was a little girl. By that moment, I thought that I would never, never, never wear fur in my life.

I have to say, I swear, that doing PETA’s campaign has always been my dream. Because I think that PETA is one of the most powerful charity [sic]. You know, it really does something in helping animals. For me it’s a privilege to be here and to help PETA.

OK, I think this is the best reason why I get naked in my life.

Ouch, that doesn’t say much for George.

Anyway, more to the point: Elisabetta may think she’s sworn off fur, but she’s got a few little furry skeletons in her closet. Namely: the Uggs she’s always photographed wearing.

You know, those ultra-comfy boots made out of twin-faced sheepskin, or the leather of defenseless sheep with the fleece still attached. Which differs from mink how, exactly?

Not only that but she’s got multiple pairs in at least the button style and the Classic Talls and probably others that she doesn’t wear out in public.

The coup d’état: In the picture at right, she’s wearing them while shopping at Bloomingdales last year — whose fur salon lands it on PETA’s protest list. Something she would have known had she bother to research the company before stripping for them.
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum