I forgot my password

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2

Post by lucy on Wed 14 Dec 2011, 14:44

Having a house is a lot of work, either you do it yourself or pay to have it done for you. Apartment life is something that would be nice, a manager on site no outdoor up keep, plus she's got small pets so no problem. Don't understand why she would tweet pics of where she lives, "the attention" she could attract crazies, but that would be even more tabloid coverage for her.
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar on Wed 14 Dec 2011, 14:51

This is the video where she talks about her being single and having an explosive character equal to 10 women and the fact that Maddalena Corvaglia and Alessia Marcuzzi are buying houses near her so her Italian BFF are close by.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
socimar
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar on Wed 14 Dec 2011, 15:42

I had seen some other pix before but I couldn't find them today; however I found this one. It seems that at the Venice Film Festival in 2009, when Elisabetta was not holding hands with her "new" boyfriend George she had her faithful friend Valentina Michetti at her side. Since Val was a Cavalli PR, do you think she was responsible for Elisabetta's famous "green-cobalt" dress, one of my favorites? They are still BFF and Val is currently living in Elisabetta's apt. in LA.

Elisabetta and Valentina Micchetti
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Elisabetta and George
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert on Wed 14 Dec 2011, 18:56

Thanks Socimar. I love this dress, even on her!
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" on Thu 15 Dec 2011, 01:25

Last edited by lolo on Tue 31 Jan 2012, 04:46; edited 1 time in total

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit on Thu 15 Dec 2011, 03:17

I notice she has picked up on her jewelry wearing since her split with George. She certainly seems happier even her smile seems more relaxed. Eli is also tweeting her heart out with pictures of the pups etc whereas Stacy has quietened down a lot!
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by watching on Thu 15 Dec 2011, 04:39

Venice dress was lovely - it would have been better if she had not wore black bikini briefs that were visible through the dress. But knowing what we know now about her love of attention and her desperate attempts to try and draw focus away from George and make it all about her, not surprising. There was always an issue with a dress she was wearing on the red carpet - underwear visible, split zips, dress hangings from the nips, size too small, boobs around her waist, etc. Angling for any type of press coverage, even fashion police write-ups.
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar on Thu 15 Dec 2011, 15:13

Lolo,
regarding Val Micchetti preferring spending more time with Bar Rafaeli and her other brasilian friend Ana Junqueira, you may be right. From her tweets she seems to have a lot of fun with them, first in Europe (Amfar Milan/Ireland) and then in Brazil where she just came from. I think Bar is easy going and calming, she is a well known model/actress and is not always seeking publicity like Eli does. With Eli is a continuous stunt to get in the papers and that can be very tiring. In a recent tweet to a friend, Val said:

@nicolocardi
Nicolo Cardi
@ValemiCChetti Ldn....you still in the city of Angels?
7 Dec Favorite Retweet Reply
in reply to ↑

@ValemiCChetti
Vale Micchetti
@nicolocardi till the 20th.....then Brazil with @anapjunqueira and @BarRefaeli
8 Dec via web

I thought that Eli was going too. In a previous tweet to Ana, Eli said that she would spend the New Year in Brazil with her, Bar and Val:

@anapjunqueira
Ana Paula Junqueira
"@JustElisabetta: @anapjunqueira si si !! Can t wait" great me you @BarRefaeli. @ValemiCChetti new year s 2gether !
9 Nov Favorite Retweet Reply
in reply to ↑

@JustElisabetta
ElisabettaCanalis
@anapjunqueira @ValemiCChetti hopefully this time they won t lose my baggages at the airport like 3 years ago with u !

...but now it seems that Val is only mentioning going to Brazil with Ana and Bar.
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert on Thu 15 Dec 2011, 15:29

Maybe she "forgot" Elisabetta?
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb on Thu 15 Dec 2011, 16:32

socimar wrote:Lolo,
regarding Val Micchetti preferring spending more time with Bar Rafaeli and her other brasilian friend Ana Junqueira, you may be right. From her tweets she seems to have a lot of fun with them, first in Europe (Amfar Milan/Ireland) and then in Brazil where she just came from. I think Bar is easy going and calming, she is a well known model/actress and is not always seeking publicity like Eli does. With Eli is a continuous stunt to get in the papers and that can be very tiring. In a recent tweet to a friend, Val said:

@nicolocardi
Nicolo Cardi
@ValemiCChetti Ldn....you still in the city of Angels?
7 Dec Favorite Retweet Reply
in reply to ↑

@ValemiCChetti
Vale Micchetti
@nicolocardi till the 20th.....then Brazil with @anapjunqueira and @BarRefaeli
8 Dec via web

I thought that Eli was going too. In a previous tweet to Ana, Eli said that she would spend the New Year in Brazil with her, Bar and Val:

@anapjunqueira
Ana Paula Junqueira
"@JustElisabetta: @anapjunqueira si si !! Can t wait" great me you @BarRefaeli. @ValemiCChetti new year s 2gether !
9 Nov Favorite Retweet Reply
in reply to ↑

@JustElisabetta
ElisabettaCanalis
@anapjunqueira @ValemiCChetti hopefully this time they won t lose my baggages at the airport like 3 years ago with u !

...but now it seems that Val is only mentioning going to Brazil with Ana and Bar.

Val Michetti is always with Bar Rafaeli because they work with the same team, as a PR and the other as a model. Before arriving in Los Angeles is Michetti was in Brazil with Bar
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq on Thu 15 Dec 2011, 17:18

watching wrote:Venice dress was lovely - it would have been better if she had not wore black bikini briefs that were visible through the dress. But knowing what we know now about her love of attention and her desperate attempts to try and draw focus away from George and make it all about her, not surprising. There was always an issue with a dress she was wearing on the red carpet - underwear visible, split zips, dress hangings from the nips, size too small, boobs around her waist, etc. Angling for any type of press coverage, even fashion police write-ups.
LOL, this could be said in Cray's thread, too.

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar on Thu 15 Dec 2011, 20:16

from Lelacorb: ..Val Michetti is always with Bar Rafaeli because they work with the same team, as a PR and the other as a model. Before arriving in Los Angeles is Michetti was in Brazil with Bar

Yes, Val and Bar were together in Brazil 2-3 weeks ago and they are going there again on the 20th (in 5 days). What is this thing with Brazil? Nobody seems to be working while they are there, just hanging around with friends in clubs and sunbathing (it's summer there now). Bar also is not living in LA since she broke with Di Caprio and has probably returned to Israel, so it's a long way for her to get to Brazil every few weeks...and what about Eli? They were all supposed to spend New Year's together but now she is not included in any of Val's tweets.
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb on Thu 15 Dec 2011, 21:15

Perhaps because Ely has decided not to go in Italy we say: Christmas with your family and Easter with whomever you want, or because Ely and Val at this time living together and she considers it unnecessary to mention it and sends twitt Bar and Ana
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq on Thu 15 Dec 2011, 21:39

lelacorb wrote:or because Ely and Val at this time living together and she considers it unnecessary to mention it and sends twitt Bar and Ana
Good thought! Time will tell. Also, unless they are doing buying for Val's new store, it seems odd that Val would be taking a vacation when the store is suppose to open in January. Especially if they want to be read for the big award dinners/shows. scratch

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar on Thu 15 Dec 2011, 22:10

sisieq wrote:
lelacorb wrote:or because Ely and Val at this time living together and she considers it unnecessary to mention it and sends twitt Bar and Ana
Good thought! Time will tell. Also, unless they are doing buying for Val's new store, it seems odd that Val would be taking a vacation when the store is suppose to open in January. Especially if they want to be read for the big award dinners/shows. scratch

You may be right because when Val went to Brazil from Europe end of November she twitted:

@ValemiCChetti
Vale Micchetti
#buongiorno and #goodmorning New fresh start! Getting ready for my Brazil, can't wait to see all my friends and get new clients for Fever LA
21 Nov via Twitter for BlackBerry®️

so there must be some possible clients that she needs to meet.....but over the Christmas and New Year's holidays???? I thought they were going to get together to have fun!
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq on Thu 15 Dec 2011, 22:15

I thought they were going to get together to have fun!
LOL! Thanks for the info!!

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit on Fri 16 Dec 2011, 00:03

Mixing business with pleasure not sure who her clients could be in Brazil unless it's some designers. I have a feeling Bar is going to be promoting Vals store! If Eli and Val are living together there is no need to tweet as Lelacorb pointed out that makes the most sense.
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Fri 16 Dec 2011, 03:18

Dexterdidit wrote:Mixing business with pleasure not sure who her clients could be in Brazil unless it's some designers.
Aha! Finally a question I can answer! Brazil, surprisingly given that most of its international press is about the poverty, is a big market with a massive appetite for luxury goods.

If you work in luxury goods marketing, you'll be familiar with the term "BRIC countries". That stands for Brazil, Russia, India and China. These are the countries that have masses of wealth, whose economy is doing well and (often newly formed) rising middle and upper classes who want to spend, spend, spend like it's still the 1980s. All the luxury cars companies, jewellery companies, luxury goods such as Hermes, Louis Vuitton and designers are rushing into these places and opening shop after shop after shop because they can't keep up with the demand for their stuff.

It's simply a numbers game. Brazil, I think (can't be bothered to google this) is the world's 4th largest country in terms of population and has a lot of natural resources that generate wealth.

It's simply a number game: even the poorest country you can think of will still have millionaires. Most of these countries are too small to market to those millionaires, but the big ones such as the BRIC contries, oh my, they have a lot of rich people. It may only be 1% or less of the general population who fall into the rich category, but when that population size is nearing or (in the case of India and China) over 1 billion, that's a lot of rich people. I don't have a calculator to hand, but 1% of 1 billion is a lot of people.

Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit on Fri 16 Dec 2011, 04:57

Thanks for that Katie. I had no idea. As you said we only ever here of the poor it's easy to forget there are rich people there. So probably why Val is there then. Sounds like she is getting in early too.
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar on Fri 16 Dec 2011, 13:18

Katie,
From earlier interviews by Eli and more recently by Val, I thought that this "studio" first called "Fashion Pierre" and later changed to "Fever LA" was only to promote unknown Italian designers NOT big labels (like Gucci, Pucci, Cavalli, Versace, Armani, etc..) that these BRIC countries are only interested in but they already have plenty of in their own countries. Brazil has very good designers (especially shoe designer) so, it would be a "marketing" trip to lure in some clients into buying unknown Italian designers....I don't get it!!.
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb on Fri 16 Dec 2011, 14:31

SOCIM Made in Italy fashion and designer is in demand across the world. In Italy there are many famous designers and very expensive but also many lesser known designers and less expensive but very good. In China there are fake factories of Italian brands with beautiful studio, out of curiosity my husband bought a jacket Armani in China for $ 10 and you know what happened? The liner has worn it and left the color on the shirt he wore and ruined it. The Armani jacket bought in China ended in the trash. I do not know Brazil very well, but in cities like St. Petersburg Russia and the shops of clothes, shoes of the main shopping street (Nevskiy prospects) are all Italian. In January it is time to balance in Italy, in Milan in Via Montenapoleone, the Chinese, the Russians and Japanese are queuing up to enter the store from 5 am and shops open only to 10.00 / 10.30
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by marina on Fri 16 Dec 2011, 19:28

Hi!
I decided to post again because its about my country and, the most important thing that make me write is to thank Katie for her comment about Brasil.
It's always a surprise for me when i read a comment made by a foreign person who KNOWS what really is happening here.
Unfortunately the only thing that brazilians read in most of foreign press is about poverty, crime and "favelas".
As Katie said my country is big, very big and we have many diferents cultures inside the country as well diferent climates, too. Brasil is the 7º economy in the world and we are going to became the 6º economy in 2011/2012.

if you do a look at brazilian map, you will see that Rio de Janeiro is a small state and the city of Rio is really a small city. "Favelas" are located in a determined place inside Rio de Janeiro's city, NOT the state of Rio and besides the troubles that came with the drug dealers and international traffic It's a "small part" of Rio de Janeiro city.
If you look at the map we will see what I'm trying to say.
For other side- the prostitution and sexual tourism- is located in the "few" northeast cities - beach cities and is operated by international travel agencies.
The new law and regulations about crime involving woman and child sexual abuse by foreigners that government is preparing will make the tourism sexual in the northeast cities down a lot .It will be international crime and the subpoenas starts in 3 years jail until 20!
Unfortunately “favelas”, sex tourism, drug traffic and poverty is the principal subject the international press show to world about us!
As Katie wrote concerned the middle class I like to add that middle class had a big increase, about 29 million people became middle class since 2003 and today is half of our population. The very poor people today is about 16 million people and Brasil’s total population is 220 million people.
It means more people has money to buy expensive things since luxury jewelry until luxury furniture bc there was a boom in the economy. Demand for employees is increasing every day in all levels and since last year almost 57000 european workers ( most portugueses also german and italian) like engineers; expert in shipbuilding and oil industry are coming only to work at Petrobras - Brasil's oil industry.
Elisabetta and Brasil: As I said before we are a very big country with many different cultures. São Paulo, where Valentina was few days ago, is the 7º bigger city in the world and according Forbes one of the 10 more expensive cities in the world. The city was buildt by immigrants from Portugal at the beginning and by Italians immigrants in the XIX century that came to work at coffee plantation and coffee industry. It is the second most bigger Italian city outside Italy ( first is NY) with about 13 millions Italians descendents- half of the population once São Paulo city has about 22 million people. in Brasil italian descents are total about 40 million!
Sao Paulo and Italy has an “old affair”. Cultural, commerce, etc. Italian language isn’t a stranger thing in São Paulo and many schools has the Italian as the second option language. My kids school has the italian course. They need to choose between spanish or italian as second foreign language bc english is a mandatory course. French, for example, is not a option. Valentina has a lot of friends here and those people are “very rich people”. Most of her twitter are related with fashion and midia. The fashion industry here is powerful and some new designers are doing very well outside the country. I think that Elisabetta and firends are coming to the fun – New Year’s eve is very important for us with big parties, yatchs on the coast , fireworks , lots of food and drink until morning – and, of course bc Valentina is open a new concept of fashion store and contacts and money is always welcome! Her friends here has both: money and related with all fashion people!
Just clarifying some funny facts that some people in midia(the bad one) think about us:
False -NO, there IS NOT monkeys or parrots in the streets and indians DIDIN'T live with us. Most of us never saw an indian in her life except on TV.Brazilians indians live in their own territory, lands reserved like Raposa Serra do Sol Reserve- in the extreme north of the country- and Amazonia. They are protected by the Constitution.
False- NO most of population DON'T know how to dance samba but we know all the diferences, movements and we HATE when people dance "wrong samba"! hahaha
True- German is the second language spoke in the streets of most of South cities like Blumenau, Brusque, Pomerode( to be honest don't visit Pomerode if you don't speak german! lol)
FALSE- Brazilians woman aren't a "bunch of sluts" who is always half-naked teasing foreign men !
TRUE- 42% brazilian families are economic supported by women;
TRUE- we are the soap-opera country ( argh!)
FALSE- NO, we don't speak spanish! hahaha We speak portuguese! The second language here is english and well, its true that we prefer the English accent!!!
VERY TRUE- We are chatting, noisy and we love to hug and kiss everybody (specially foreign people) and doesn't mean that we are interested in "something more"hahahaha

Thank you all and I wish a great Christmas with peace, love and healthy!
Beijos

marina
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb on Fri 16 Dec 2011, 19:40

I do not know well but I love Brazil, I love to live and have fun, I love the Brazilians are happy people!!
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar on Fri 16 Dec 2011, 20:04

Marina,
Beijos e Feliz Natal para igualmente.
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert on Fri 16 Dec 2011, 20:18

Marina, thank you so much for the lesson on Brasil! I wonder if Elisabetta needs someone to carry her bags? That's the only way I could afford to come visit your country! BUT, I'd want to come stay with you! Not them!!!
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by marina on Fri 16 Dec 2011, 20:35

@ Lelacorb and @ Socimar
Thank you and Buon Natale per voi e per tutti la famiglia!
Grazie
@ melbert
You are welcome! I'm a great touristic guide bc i know where to go in this city and the best places to eat without expend money. i have lots of aunts, cousins that live in pleasant places and cook very well! haha
We can have a lot of fun!

marina
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb on Fri 16 Dec 2011, 20:57

You wait me, I will came!
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by marina on Fri 16 Dec 2011, 21:05

You all are wellcome, ladies!!!
@Lelacorb
Benvenuti... but let's agree that we won't talk about soccer, OK?
About who is the best team in the world...you know...I'm sure it is Brasil but italians think that it is the "squadra azzura"....hahahahahaha!
Baci

marina
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Sat 17 Dec 2011, 03:04

Where of course everyone knows that the England socer team are the best team in the world.

Pah! Who am I kidding? Even I support Germany.

Anyway, thanks Marina for bringing a very real taste of Brazil to my computer this morning.
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" on Sat 17 Dec 2011, 05:18

Last edited by lolo on Tue 31 Jan 2012, 04:48; edited 1 time in total

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit on Sat 17 Dec 2011, 05:26

I hope you have a big house Marina! Looks like you could be getting some visitors.
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb on Sat 17 Dec 2011, 07:29

marina wrote:You all are wellcome, ladies!!!
@Lelacorb
Benvenuti... but let's agree that we won't talk about soccer, OK?
About who is the best team in the world...you know...I'm sure it is Brasil but italians think that it is the "squadra azzura"....hahahahahaha!
Baci
Tiferò always the Azzurri but the fantasy of the Brazilian team is the best in the world!!
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Natascha on Sat 17 Dec 2011, 08:49

The best soccer team in the world is Bayern Munich!
But with 8 of their players in the German national team they are more or less the German national team, so you can also say the Germans are the best team, as long as Schweinsteiger, Müller and the others play for Germany.
Natascha
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Sat 17 Dec 2011, 09:27

Ok guys, we've gone waaaaaay off topic here! My fault! Can we move any additional football discussion to the general chit chat thread and keep this one for Elisabetta Canalis?

Thanks.
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by watching on Sat 17 Dec 2011, 09:37

New man? Kind of confirmed those mehcad split rumours which is why I assume she was trying not to get papped with the guy. New guy would normally equal fresh press interest. But maybe she is worried the press will rehash the allegedly apartment building lobby screaming match when she is seen out with the new guy. Or it is just to drum up some interest?? Also does she even spend a night at home??

EXCLUSIVE: Elisabetta Canalis And Her Non-George Clooney Man Have A Night Out On The Town
posted by Garry "Prophecy" Sun on December 16, 2011

Elisabetta Canalis Doesn't Want To Be Seen With Non-George Clooney

But Once Non-George Clooney Is Out The Picture... She's Aaaalll Smiles

Elisabetta Canalis was seen rollin around Hollywood last night with some new guy who definitely aynt George Clooney.

And she definitely wasn’t trying to be seen with him. Strangely, as soon as she was no longer with the dude, she was all smiles when she walked into Music Box.

I wonder why.

watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit on Sat 17 Dec 2011, 10:27

Eli is playing games. She pretty much denied any split on twitter so being seen with a new guy certainly makes the split more likely. It looks like it is over and Eli is going to look really dumb if she is showing up with someone else while most still think she is with Mehcad. She better twit that they broke up due to work or something.....As for the new guy well they are right he is nothing like George Clooney not in looks that is for sure!
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar on Sat 17 Dec 2011, 13:02

He is definitely Italian, I would be very surprised if he wasn't. We will hear from the Italian gossip blogs soon enough.

By the way, the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] website is now up an running as per Val's Tweet:

@ValemiCChetti
Vale Micchetti
feverla.com questo il link per il web site del mio/nostro studio/show room a LA [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] it is....
4 hours ago via web

feverla.com this is the link of the website to my/ours/show room in LA, please register...elisabetta...here it is.....

some comments said it was too white and too plain, they expected something more. I kind of like it.
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert on Sat 17 Dec 2011, 17:44

When asked by a couple tweeters, Eli's response was:

JustElisabettaElisabettaCanalis
@dolzamer66 mio amico supergay

1 hour ago

(I highlighted)
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar on Sat 17 Dec 2011, 19:07

melbert wrote:When asked by a couple tweeters, Eli's response was:

JustElisabettaElisabettaCanalis
@dolzamer66 mio amico supergay

1 hour ago

(I highlighted)

melbert, that's was me! At least we got an answer!
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq on Sat 17 Dec 2011, 20:46

Thanks everyone for all your updates!

If you read "About" - the store is for product placements. LOL, I thought it was going to be a store where one buys stuff.

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by pandabear on Sat 17 Dec 2011, 21:03

okay I might not be that quick today "supergay?" Also she should quit trying to be shy or whatever it is she is doing. If she wants to be a star in U.S. she has to stop looking so ridiculous why is she hiding?????

pandabear

Back to top Go down

Post by pandabear on Sat 17 Dec 2011, 21:04

Sorry didn't read before I sent who is she referring to as Supergay?

pandabear

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois on Sat 17 Dec 2011, 21:14

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I posted this on the Stacy part three thread, Yesterday TMZ caught E shopping and Harvey Levin of TMZ wanted the camera guy to ask E if she had any advice for Stacy. But the camera guy did not. He asked her about dating. Then they went into what a party girl Stacy is and showed a clip of her dancing or stripping at a Spring Break party a few years back. Sorry could not find indivual clip of that part, so I posted the whole TMZ episode. E comes in about 3:00 ON THE EPISODE.

lovelylois
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq on Sat 17 Dec 2011, 21:51

pandabear wrote:Sorry didn't read before I sent who is she referring to as Supergay?
The guy in the car.

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar on Sat 17 Dec 2011, 22:06

sisieq wrote:Thanks everyone for all your updates!

If you read "About" - the store is for product placements. LOL, I thought it was going to be a store where one buys stuff.

This store seems to change all the time, first the name and then what it sells. From an interview with Val Micchetti in Milan she said that it was a "studio" where she would promote Italian designers who are not yet well known in the US. All the great labels (Versace, Armani, Gucci, etc..) are known in the US and they have stores everywhere but lesser known designer might have a problem making their products known to the american public. The store would be open by appointment only and the celebrities would get the clothes free hoping that in the future they would buy from the same designer. Now it seems it is more like a consignment store for new products. You need to register and say what your products are and eventually you get an appointment to consign your stuff.
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq on Sat 17 Dec 2011, 22:14

Thanks, socimar!

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit on Sun 18 Dec 2011, 00:05

So are they still giving away dresses? Or now they have worked out people will need to buy the clothes? I don't see this working out, there is a reason some designers don't make it overseas.
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Sun 18 Dec 2011, 03:37

I've no idea what their business model is!

For a whle (when they were giving the stuff away) I thought it may work as a business, along similar lines to these 'gifting suites' that exist at every celebrity event.

There seems to be no shortage of companies wanting to give their stuff away to even d-list celebs (remember Sarah Larson a couple of years back after she'd broken up with George in Denver picking up stuff from a gifting suite?) so I guess a permanent place run by people with access to celebs might actually be quite successful if they charged some money to the companies for using their services.

There are already companies that make the gift bags for awards ceremonies etc who charge you to put your product in the goodie bags.

Now I don't get what it is they're doing. Oh well, it'll soon be clear enough once they open.
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit on Sun 18 Dec 2011, 05:08

It sounds like it has moved on from just clothes and really I'm with you Katie it's confusing. It is also appointment only so I don't know how they are going to even get people in! They don't seem to be doing something that isn't already being done by someone else who already has a good reputation. Maybe Val couldn't convince enough designers to give away their clothes? So the designers will pay them money to show their stuff to celebrities hoping that the celebrity will then what? Buy their stuff? Sounds like a snobby shop that you have to make an appointment for I don't really think some people will like that.
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Sun 18 Dec 2011, 05:41

You and I may not go for it, Dex, but we're far from their target market. To plenty of other people 'by appointment only' shopping is a way of life and that's who they're after. It's the snob value that brings those suckers in.

ETA: I've just had a look at the website and their business model seems pretty simple. The store according to them "offers elite product placement for emerging and established fashion labels". It then goes on to say that they will "facilitate celebrity endorsement of your products, providing support for your press office and helping raise your brand profile globally".

What they're doing is putting designers who want to promote their clothes by having them worn by celebrities in touch with the celebrities (and their stylists) and charging for that service. That's pretty straighforward and as long as they genuinely have the celebrity contacts (this is where my doubt comes in) then it could be successful.

The only two places this could fail is if they can't get enough or the right fashion brands or if they can't get the contacts with the celebs and their stylists.
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum