George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney and Noah Wyle `compete for Steve Jobs role` EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney and Noah Wyle `compete for Steve Jobs role` EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney and Noah Wyle `compete for Steve Jobs role` EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney and Noah Wyle `compete for Steve Jobs role` EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney and Noah Wyle `compete for Steve Jobs role` EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney and Noah Wyle `compete for Steve Jobs role` EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney and Noah Wyle `compete for Steve Jobs role` EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney and Noah Wyle `compete for Steve Jobs role` EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney and Noah Wyle `compete for Steve Jobs role` EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney and Noah Wyle `compete for Steve Jobs role`

+11
Lakin460
melbert
laetval
sarah ali
hathaross
fluffy
Cinderella
it's me
Joanna
lolo"layla"
Merlin
15 posters

Go down

George Clooney and Noah Wyle `compete for Steve Jobs role` Empty George Clooney and Noah Wyle `compete for Steve Jobs role`

Post by Merlin Fri 18 Nov 2011, 07:17

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney and Noah Wyle `compete for Steve Jobs role`
Nov 18, 2011,

George Clooney exits his hotel with cool looking shades as he leaves the famous Caryle hotel in New York City on the day after Steve Job's passing in NYC. The actor was told by a fan that he remembered when he autographed the very first ipod and that George was afraid to sign it and didn't want to mess up the back of the fan's ipod.

George Clooney is reportedly going head-to-head with his former ER costar Noah Wyle for the role of Apple boss Steve Jobs in a new movie.
The two men both played doctors in the long-running hospital series. They are both believed to be in the running for the lead role in a biopic which will chart the life of the computer guru who lost his battle with pancreatic cancer last month aged just 56.
According to Now magazine, filming on the project is due to start next year.
Merlin
Merlin
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and Noah Wyle `compete for Steve Jobs role` Empty Re: George Clooney and Noah Wyle `compete for Steve Jobs role`

Post by lolo"layla" Fri 18 Nov 2011, 07:40

i think it 'd be great for him .

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and Noah Wyle `compete for Steve Jobs role` Empty Re: George Clooney and Noah Wyle `compete for Steve Jobs role`

Post by Joanna Fri 18 Nov 2011, 11:00

Thanks Merlin for that link. Sounds like an interesting project.
I'd like to see George & Noah working together again
with Anthony too !
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 18 Nov 2011, 13:01

my vote is for Noah
physically more similar
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Fri 18 Nov 2011, 13:31

I think George would do fine in this role. Steve Jobs had a sense of humor and made it without having the college degree... like George...
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Fri 18 Nov 2011, 13:52

Well if Gee does get it, I hope he doesn't have to loose weight or at least not too much. Note worthy but a very difficult/sad part to play.
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Fri 18 Nov 2011, 19:46

Oh Cool!!! Very Happy I hope they get made the movie together!! I would love to see them work together again!!
hathaross
hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 19 Nov 2011, 19:17

nonononononono

NO never

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by sarah ali Sat 19 Nov 2011, 19:35

i would loooove to see him in this role , but not with that hair! Shocked
sarah ali
sarah ali
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Sat 19 Nov 2011, 19:58

Will George Clooney Play Steve Jobs?

Outlets everywhere have picked up a report that claims George Clooney is fighting to play late Apple founder Steve Jobs in an upcoming movie.

According to Now magazine, which started the rumor, Clooney is “battling it out” with his onetime “ER” co-star Noah Wyle to portray the technology and business legend, who died last month.

Wyle had the role of Jobs in the 1999 television movie Pirates of Silicon Valley.

But don’t expect there to be any clash between the former TV doctors over a potential big-screen Jobs biopic.

When asked whether there was any truth to the rumor, a rep for Clooney told Gossip Cop, “Nope.”
laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 20 Nov 2011, 01:16

Was hoping not. He's just not the right fit to play the role of Steve.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and Noah Wyle `compete for Steve Jobs role` Empty Clooney vying for Steve Jobs role??

Post by Lakin460 Tue 03 Apr 2012, 01:44

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] George Clooney in the Running for Steve Jobs Role
Can Clooney step into Steve Jobs' sneakers?

When word first got out about the possibility of a movie about Steve Jobs' life, we were among many that thought Noah Wyle might be asked to reprise the role he played so well in Pirates of Silicon Valley. However, if the latest rumors are to be believed, Noah might have some competition from one of Hollywood's most eligible bachelors.

According to the Now Magazine, George Clooney and Noah Wyle are 'battling it out' for the role of Jobs. Leaving aside the fact that Noah has already successfully played Steve once (and Steve actually thought he did a good enough job to ask him to do it again at MacWorld), Now doesn't cite a source for this piece of information, so we're taking this one with a massive grain of salt.

Still, it's possible that George Clooney really is in the running to play Steve Jobs. If that's the case, it's also possible that it might end up being the most poorly cast role since George Clooney played Batman.

Who would you pick to play Steve Jobs? Let us know in the comments below!
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 03 Apr 2012, 02:02

Ashton Kutcher just got the role. Mute point now I guess.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Tue 03 Apr 2012, 02:19

Surely you jest! Suspect
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 03 Apr 2012, 02:21

and don't call me Shirley!!! hahahahaha

Social media maven Ashton Kutcher has been tapped to star as Apple creator Steve Jobs in an independent film titled Jobs, his rep confirms to Gossip Cop.

The biopic will chronicle “Jobs from wayward hippie to co-founder of Apple, where he became one of the most revered creative entrepreneurs of our time,” says Variety.

Jobs is slated to go into production in May when Kutcher is off from shooting “Two and a Half Men.”

What do you think about this casting?
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Tue 03 Apr 2012, 02:28

Well, shut my mouth! affraid
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 03 Apr 2012, 02:43

Censored hidingbehindsofa Shit hits the fan Doh! facepalm
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by alriv Tue 03 Apr 2012, 13:50

Jobs was an important person but I'm not interested in a movie about his life.
alriv
alriv
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 03 Apr 2012, 15:16

I think Ashton Kutcher is trying to find work. IMO he's a very poor replacement for Charlie Sheen. He doesn't even know if there will be a next season. I know he's trying hard to make Two and a Half Men work but it just isn't happening. Even though Charlie was a nutcase I miss him on the show - it's not the same.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 04 Apr 2012, 18:44

Just merging the newer and the earlier threads together.

Not sure why this rumour is resurfacing again because didn't this get denied already?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 16 May 2012, 12:00

And this is still making the news!

Aaron Sorkin To Pen Screenplay For Film Based on Isaacson’s Steve Jobs Biography

By RoryPiper on May 15th, 2012

Sony Pictures announced today, that Aaron Sorkin, Academy Award winning writer of The Social Network’s screenplay, will adapt Walter Isaacson’s Steve Jobs biography into a screenplay.

Sony’s take on the life of Steve Jobs will be different than the movie currently being filmed, titled “Jobs: Get Inspired”. The indie movie in production right now, stars Ashton Kutcher as a young Steve Jobs, and is rumoured to focus on the early years of Jobs’ life. Sony’s film will be an adaptation of the biography written by Walter Isaacson last year.

There were rumours flying last year that Sony was going to pick this up, and that Sorkin would be the man to adapt the book into a screenplay. Today, these rumours were confirmed. At the time, it was also rumoured that the likes of George Clooney and Noah Wiley were in the running to play the iconic tech pioneer. Sony has not announced any casting information for their upcoming Steve Jobs film.

With “Jobs: Get Inspired” already under production, they are likely to beat Sony’s film to the box office. Wether this will hurt ticket sales or not, is debatable. Sorkin’s adaptation of “The Social Network” won numerous awards, and I expect Sony’s Steve Jobs film will be billed, as such.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 17 May 2012, 15:13

Thanks Katie. I got so confused when I saw that Aaron was writing a screenplay and seeing the pics online the other day of Ashton already filming. I thought, hmmmm, don't they write the screenplay FIRST? So, now I know if's for a different film. Duh!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Gecko Wed 11 Jul 2012, 11:12

cindigirl wrote:I think Ashton Kutcher is trying to find work. IMO he's a very poor replacement for Charlie Sheen. He doesn't even know if there will be a next season. I know he's trying hard to make Two and a Half Men work but it just isn't happening. Even though Charlie was a nutcase I miss him on the show - it's not the same.

Just seen this and I agree 100%. Charlie Sheen is a character and there aren't enough of them around, way too many bland people in films and TV. To see someone unashamedly live their life to the full is refreshing to be honest. Ashton Kutcher is awful in Two and a half men really stilted and one dimensional. I don't think you'd want to be around Charlie too long in real life, but he is greeat to watch.
Seth Gecko
Seth Gecko
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Gecko Wed 11 Jul 2012, 11:14

as for the role, I think that Noah Wyle is more suited.

I'd rather George prostited himself for another 'cool' movie. He said in an interview that he will make movies personal to him but will always throw in an 'Oceans' style film to keep his bank manager happy. Hope he keeps to that.
Seth Gecko
Seth Gecko
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down