George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George and his Irish roots EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George and his Irish roots EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George and his Irish roots EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George and his Irish roots EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George and his Irish roots EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George and his Irish roots EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George and his Irish roots EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George and his Irish roots EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
George and his Irish roots EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George and his Irish roots

+23
sisieq
playfuldeb
lolo"layla"
lucy
Joanna
Merlin
anon.4
MyGirlKylie
amuserato
Cat
Katiedot
MM
sadDonkey
pattygirl
cindigirl
laetval
fluffy
it's me
Atalante
sandwiches
Cinderella
melbert
lelacorb
27 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

George and his Irish roots Empty George and his Irish roots

Post by lelacorb Wed 02 Nov 2011, 18:22

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
You are hereNews>Local

Sponsored byClooney is a Cat

Mandatory Credit: Photo by EPS / Rex Features ( 947755e ) George Clooney George Clooney filming a Nespresso commercial in Milan, Italy - 23 Jun 2009

Published on Wednesday 2 November 2011 15:16

THE world’s most sought after heart throb is a true Cat. Adored by millions of women around the world, George Clooney is in fact from South Kilkenny.

A painstaking search of one of the most beautiful parts of the county has unearthed the derelict house where Mr Clooney’s great-great-grandfather was born and his baptismal cert.

The Mayor of the city, Cllr David Fitzgerald has written to Mr Clooney’s agent in California, inviting the star of the TV series ER and films like Oceans 11, The Fantastic Mr Fox, Syriana, Michael Clayton and his latest feature, The Ides Of March to Kilkenny next April when he is in Ireland. And paradoxically his next film which will be released next January is called, The Descendants.

Other genealogists had tried to link Mr Clooney with various areas of Kilkenny but could not. However, the research work by Gabriel Murray, the Kilkenny film maker and author along with cardiologist Dr Michael Conway led to the amazing discovery of the baptismal cert for Mr Clooney’s great-great-grandfather from 1829 which is printed on the front page of Section 2 of this week’s issue.

Mr Clooney announced recently that he is returning to Ireland in search of his roots. He will not have far to look. Following the news, Mr Murray started investigating and discovered that George’s antecedent was a Nicholas Clooney from Windgap. The baptismal cert of Nicholas Clooney had not been found.

A Fás community employment scheme recently computerised all the birth records in Ireland. When Gabriel discovered the relevant certificate last week, in Tullahought not Windgap, it revealed that Nicholas Clooney was baptised in Windgap church on 23 July 1829 and was from Knockeen, Tullahought.

The next problem was the location of the actual townland where Nicholas was born and site of the ancestral home. A valuable source of information was Griffith’s valuation of 1850, a census of all households in Ireland. The missing link between the cert was found, confirming that Nicholas was from the townland of Knockeen.

Gabriel travelled down to Tullahought and started searching for George’s ancestral home. After two hours climbing the hills of Knockeen, he and Dr Conway located the ancestral home. On Griffith’s map a cluster of houses nestled at the foothills of Knockeen. When they knocked on the front door of one of the houses, they were greeted by Peter Purcell and his son, Paul.

On checking Nicholas’ birth cert, Gabriel discovered that Peter’s great-granduncle, Patrick Bourke, had been godfather at Nicholas Clooney’s christening in 1849. Nicholas’ father was David Clooney, and his mother was Mary McGrath. The McGrath family are all now deceased.

Peter Purcell recalled how his ancestors the Clooneys had uprooted overnight and left for Kentucky. Peter mentioned that his relative, Mary Egan’s mother, was also a Bourke. The McGraths and the Bourkes had married into the Clooney clan in the 18th century.

Nicholas Clooney had left for America and settled in Kentucky, circa 1847.
LINK [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

George and his Irish roots Empty Re: George and his Irish roots

Post by melbert Thu 03 Nov 2011, 02:03

Thanks Lela! Interesting!

And a funny sidenote - I made an outfit very similar to what George is photoshopped in above when I was in Home Ec!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Thu 03 Nov 2011, 15:32

I'm in need of a cat... Sad ... just saying... Laughing
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by sandwiches Thu 03 Nov 2011, 15:56

Cinderella wrote:I'm in need of a cat... Sad ... just saying... Laughing

Laughing

Kilkenny? Great beer. Very Happy
sandwiches
sandwiches
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Thu 03 Nov 2011, 16:01

" Mary Egan is organising a reception for George Clooney in Tullahought when, as she hopes, he comes next year. Mary plans to invite all the Clooney clan from throughout Ireland. The community hall in Tullahought and Powers’ recently re-opened bar will be the host venues. "

Read more and a picture of "his home" : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Will he go ? He should ! And that house sure needs restauration ! lol!

Oh and he'll LOVE the place, look what they have over there: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] tongue
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 04 Nov 2011, 00:27

Irish Poteen 'it enlighteneth ye heart, casts off melancholy, keeps back old age and breaketh ye wind'.

LOL
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Fri 04 Nov 2011, 08:34

A far cry from LA and Studio City!! Still George is akin to mud huts, so shouldn't be such a culture shock! The present encumbant (GF) might disagree though!!!
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Fri 04 Nov 2011, 13:15

But she's good at cleaning and cleansing and ... so ... she should see it as a ... euh ... challenge ! So George can have a little cottage/museum. Basketball
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 04 Nov 2011, 13:20

please tell me
why cottage/museum?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Fri 04 Nov 2011, 13:51

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney is one of us

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Peter Purcell,Mary Egan,Willy Burke at George Clooney homested. WMCM-Photography

A new discovery of an ancient baptismal cert has finally linked Hollywood actor George Clooney to his ancestral homeland, which is located in the village of Tullahought ,twenty five miles south of the city.

He becomes the latest celebrity with direct ancestral links to the county and follows in the “footsteps of Michael Flatley whose grandmother came from Inistioge and grandfather from St Mullins.

Everyone knows of Barack Obama’s links with the city through his sixth generation grand uncle but the discovery by Kilkenny man, Gabriel Murray of the birth certificate of George Clooney’s long lost relative.

George Clooney announced recently that next April he is returning to Ireland in search of his Irish roots. After meeting U2’s Bono at the Toronto Film Festival, Clooney was reminded of his long standing promise to visit here.

Local film maker and historian Gabriel Murray - who recently won first Prize at the Hampton Black International Film Festival in the US for his documentary film ‘Obama’s Irish Root’s’ - decided to find out exactly where Mr Clooney’s roots were.

He had heard a rumour that George’s ancestor’s were from county Kilkenny. The difficulty was that there are many Clooneys from Kilkenny city, Graignamanagh and Gowran.

On investigation it was discovered that George’s antecedent was a Nicholas Clooney from Windgap. There was some previous investigation in 2008. The baptismal cert of Nicholas Clooney, George’s 6th generation ancestor, had not been found. A Fas community employment scheme recently computerised all the birth records in Ireland. When Gabriel discovered the relevant certificate last week, it revealed that Nicholas Clooney was baptised in Windgap church on 23 July 1829 and was from Knockeen, Tullahought.

The next problem was the location of the actual townland where Nicholas was born and site of the ancestral home. A valuable source of information was Griffith’s valuation of 1850, which was a census of all households in Ireland. The missing link between the cert was found, confirming that Nicholas was indeed from the townland of Knockeen.

With the assistance of Dr Michael Conway, proprietor of the Hole in the Wall in Kilkenny, Gabriel travelled down to Tullahought and started searching for George’s ancestral home. After two hours climbing the hills of Knockeen, they located the ancestral home of Mr Clooney. On Griffith’s map a cluster of houses nestled at the foothills of Knockeen. When they knocked on the front door of one of the houses, they were greeted by Peter Purcell and his son, Paul. They were invited in for a cup of tea. Peter informed them that, three years before, some investigators had been on the trail, but had failed to return with documentary proof.

Peter’s mother was a Bourke who had married into the Clooney family. On checking Nicholas’ birth cert, Gabriel discovered that Peter’s great granduncle, Patrick Bourke, had been godfather at Nicholas Clooney’s christening in 1849. Nicholas’ father was David Clooney, and his mother was Mary McGrath. The McGrath family are all now deceased.

Peter Purcell recalled stories told by his mother, who was a Burke, of how his ancestors the Clooneys had uprooted overnight and left for Kentucky. Peter mentioned that his relative, Mary Egan’s mother, was also a Bourke. The McGraths and the Bourkes had married into the Clooney clan in the 18th century.

Nicholas Clooney had left for America and settled in Kentucky, circa 1847. This was a tragic time in Irish history, the year of the great famine, when millions had died from starvation. Nicholas would have been eighteen, and with him on the emigrant ship was Brigit Byron from Green Street, Callan, Co. Kilkenny.

Mary Egan is organising a reception for George Clooney in Tullahought when he comes next year. Mary plans to invite all the Clooney’ cousins from throughout Ireland. The community hall in Tullahought and Power’s bar are the venues cited. Powers has recently re-opened after being closed for 20 years. It is over 200 years old. It is certain that all of George Clooney’s ancestors used to drink there. The Clancy brothers performed there in the past. As part of the reception, John Joyce a former resident of Tullahought and a great nephew of novelist James Joyce, has agreed to bring together local musicians to perform at the reception in April. Gabriel and Mary have sent a formal invitation to George’s agents in America. Tullahought is located in one of the most beautiful valleys in Ireland, with stunning views and Celtic high crosses, a burial chamber at Knockroe and other important archaeological sites. Gabriel will also screen the documentary ‘George Clooney’s Irish Roots’ at the Hole in the Wall, Kilkenny.

When George Clooney walks in the doors of Power’s Pub next April, it will be 154 years since his ancestor Nicholas exited the same door.
laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 04 Nov 2011, 14:05

huhhhhh
like those things

time
as a long string

connecting lifes

well,
faces! flower
how would be to see them all! Lots of happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 04 Nov 2011, 14:07

your new house is really nice, G
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Fri 04 Nov 2011, 14:20

IMO if George knew his "original homestead" looked like this he would have renovated it. To me it looks like a rundown house and dirt road.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Fri 04 Nov 2011, 14:40

There are many, many such homesteads in Ireland. You can travel many places in many countries, including the US, and find the same things-rundown houses on dirt roads.
As George has said, to own dirt is to have riches (not in those words). Life is hard for many people. To be lucky enough to "own" a home is what most people wish for, but many times, there is not enough where-with-all to keep up the appearances of the property.
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by sadDonkey Fri 04 Nov 2011, 20:24

it's me wrote:
time
as a long string
connecting lifes

I wanted to give you a "+" it´s me, but apparently I gave them all to laetval&henway that I can´t vote anymore for today. I just wanted to let you know, that I like your thought.

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Location : Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, Europe, ...

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 04 Nov 2011, 22:00

thank you very much, sadDonkey Hug1
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Fri 04 Nov 2011, 23:14

Speaking of George's Irish roots, he is "Black" Irish. The ancestors of the Black Irish are the Celts, a Germanic people whose roots are in present-day southern Germany/northern Austria. The Celts invaded north-eastern Italy (particularly the Friuli Venezia-Guilia region north of Venice, they were the founders of the region), parts of France and Spain, and England and Ireland.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sat 05 Nov 2011, 10:31

Fortunately, George is a descendant of the Celts because it was not so good with red hair. I hate carrot-red hair! Can you imagine!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 05 Nov 2011, 14:02

MM wrote:Speaking of George's Irish roots, he is "Black" Irish. The ancestors of the Black Irish are the Celts, a Germanic people whose roots are in present-day southern Germany/northern Austria.

Thanks for that information MM. Interesting. My mother was born in Germany and her name sounded a lot like Finnegan (can't give her real name), and I wondered why that always sounded so Irish to me. So maybe I'm "Black Irish" too. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 05 Nov 2011, 14:06

MM was talking about something that happened a couple of thousand years ago (before the Romans).

BTW Lela, red hair is also Celtic.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 05 Nov 2011, 14:12

cindigirl wrote:The Celts, a Germanic people whose roots are in present-day southern Germany/northern Austria.

My mother was born in southern Germany and that's why I alluded to the Black Irish.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cat Mon 07 Nov 2011, 21:27

The house in the foreground is not the homestead of Mr. Clooney. It is an unused out biulding. As for the dirt road, it is a working farm in rural Ireland. The article posted has many errors. it was originally printed in the Kilkenny People, a local paper.

Cat
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sadDonkey Mon 07 Nov 2011, 22:40

Thanks for the information, Cat and welcome to the forum

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cat Tue 08 Nov 2011, 00:13

Your welcome and thank you. I have known about the connection for a few years.

Cat
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 08 Nov 2011, 00:57

Welcome Cat! Please share more as you feel comfortable!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Tue 08 Nov 2011, 15:11

cindigirl wrote:
MM wrote:Speaking of George's Irish roots, he is "Black" Irish. The ancestors of the Black Irish are the Celts, a Germanic people whose roots are in present-day southern Germany/northern Austria.

Thanks for that information MM. Interesting. My mother was born in Germany and her name sounded a lot like Finnegan (can't give her real name), and I wondered why that always sounded so Irish to me. So maybe I'm "Black Irish" too. LOL

I definately have Celt ancestry in me. My parents emigrated from the Friuli Venezia-Giulia region in the very early 1960's and came to Cincinnati to live. If I had been in the right place at the right time, I could have been buddies with George and Ada while I was growing up here.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 08 Nov 2011, 16:39

ciao MM! Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Tue 08 Nov 2011, 17:18

I have Irish roots and would love to go and see where my ancestors came from. I think it's something George should not pass up. If he has the chance and money, and I think he does, he should go!
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Tue 08 Nov 2011, 18:17

it's me wrote:ciao MM! Very Happy

Ciao, amica!! Coolio
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 08 Nov 2011, 20:45

Hug1
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Wed 09 Nov 2011, 17:06

Cinderella wrote:I have Irish roots and would love to go and see where my ancestors came from. I think it's something George should not pass up. If he has the chance and money, and I think he does, he should go!

Everybody should discover their roots. We all have interesting life-stories to tell. Reading
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Wed 09 Nov 2011, 17:23

You better believe it. My husband decided to visit place his father was born. We had a wonderful time even though we couldn't "talk" to his relatives. None spoke English. He had 4 cousins still living there. There is a pretty little island in the Adriatic called Ist. A ferry made a run from Island to Zadar at 8 am and would make return trip from Zadar at around 2 pm. You had from about 9 am to 12 noon to get shopping done before shops closed for dinner break. There was no shops on island so you had to ferry over.
We were invited to each cousin's for dinner. Had wonderful meals but no conversation really. After meal was done, a friend who spoke the language would come in and we'd converse. I grinned a lot. We stayed in the house my father-in-law was born in, even the same room. Learned a lot about the family when translators were available.
Won't go into downsides of th visit, but just to let you know, there were some that were very funny, a sort of culture shock factor.
Laughing
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 09 Nov 2011, 17:27

That's very fortunate that you got to visit your husband's relatives. Sounds like you had a very interesting life.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by sandwiches Wed 09 Nov 2011, 18:12

Very nice Patty! I'm a 'mutt' with a few different ancestral backgrounds so I need to save up so I can visit them all.
sandwiches
sandwiches

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Wed 09 Nov 2011, 19:49

I am of the four corners... Irish, German, English and, Indian
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 09 Nov 2011, 19:58

I'm 100% German. I think that's where I got my stubborness from. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by amuserato Thu 10 Nov 2011, 02:10

lelacorb wrote:Fortunately, George is a descendant of the Celts because it was not so good with red hair. I hate carrot-red hair! Can you imagine!

Hey now! Some of us are proud of our titian tresses-- Don't be a ginger hater!
Laughing
Copper locks being the rarest hair on the planet, I think we'll revel in our singularity.
(Though I agree, lelacrob, Clooney would be teence less enticing sporting a carrot top! )

Cheers from one green-eyed, auburn headed Irish American
Bounce
amuserato
amuserato
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 10 Nov 2011, 06:35

ciao!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Thu 10 Nov 2011, 16:02

Cheers to Amuserato, a fellow redhead! Drink 3

Mine is actually light blonde with red undertones closer to the roots (kind of like Nicole Kidman's but a much lighter version) so I'm fortunate in that I can say I'm blonde when its convenient or I can say I'm a redhead when that's convenient. I definitely have the redhead temper though. Wink

I have Irish-Welsh-German roots with a hint of Cherokee Indian from my Great-Grandfather. People are always suprised by that one. My whole family (both sides) has brown to black hair, medium to dark skin tones and most have brown eyes and here I am blonde, pale skin, & blue eyed. I'm the white sheep amongst the family of black sheep. LOL

Last edited by MyGirlKylie on Thu 10 Nov 2011, 16:03; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by sandwiches Thu 10 Nov 2011, 16:27

My background is Finnish on my dad's side and Irish/Scottish/Czech on my mom's side. No wonder I drink so much, it's in my heritage. Laughing
sandwiches
sandwiches

Back to top Go down

George and his Irish roots Empty Finns. . .

Post by anon.4 Sun 20 Nov 2011, 07:36

@sandwiches-Some Finnish here. Still have old relatives that speak it too. I think Finn's can drink anyone under the table. While in College there was a group of Russian/East European students in my classes. They told there was a saying in Russian that translated into "Drunk as a Finn". They said the Finns could even out drink them. Once the iron wall came down, they told me the Finns would take travel to St. Petersburg to drink like crazy, 'cause the booze was cheaper. Also have some Irish in their too, but the Finn blood prevails above all others.

anon.4
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Mon 09 Jan 2012, 07:08

George Clooney's father to star in TV show on Irish ancestors

The Queen, Barack Obama and the Dalai Lama have all visited the Republic of Ireland recently. Now it's Hollywood heartthrob George Clooney's turn to get the Irish feelgood factor going.

Mr Clooney's father, Nicholas, has promised to star in a new documentary exploring his son's Irish roots.

Kilkenny filmmaker and historian Gabriel Murray told the Irish Independent that he will travel to Kentucky in the US next month to interview Mr Clooney's father in the house where the star was reared.

"Nicholas has agreed to be in the documentary. He is a very positive man," said Mr Murray.

Mr Murray has been trawling through parish records for the past two months in a bid to firm up Mr Clooney's Irish roots. He is working round the clock to finish the documentary in time for April when it is hoped the Hollywood actor will take a motorcycle holiday around the country.

Mr Murray recently discovered a baptismal cert to prove that Mr Clooney's great-great-grandfather, Nicholas, was born in the village of Tullahought, 25 miles south of Kilkenny city.

"George's father actually came to Kilkenny in 2008 because his sister, Hollywood actress Rosemary, had visited before. They were aware of their roots and he came to search for records.

"He went to Windgap church but he couldn't find his great-grandfather's baptismal cert. I decided to look back for it since George Clooney is coming to visit this year," said Mr Murray.

Mr Murray said there is a "doubting Thomas mentality" among the Irish but he discovered that Mr Clooney's great-great-grandfather, Nicholas, had been evicted from Ireland because he was only worth £2 and two shillings.

"He was forced to leave in 1847 and he went on to the States."

Today there are still Clooneys related to George's great-great grandfather living in Kilkenny, Laois and Clonmel.

"We will be revealing how closely related they are in the documentary but we can't say too much before the film comes out," he said.

Limerick band The Corrigan Brothers, who penned the hit 'There's No One as Irish as Barack Obama', have also jumped on the bandwagon.

They released a song at the weekend dedicated to the Hollywood actor's looming visit to Ireland called 'Welcome Home George Clooney'.

"Oh the girls are feeling swooney; As they welcome home George Clooney; back to Ireland and Kilkenny on his great big motorbike," the chorus goes.

The song also talks of how Mr Clooney knows Angelina Jolie but his real hero is Kilkenny hurling manager Brian Cody.

The track will feature in the documentary which will be narrated by RTE star Mike Murphy, according to Mr Murray.

Meanwhile, a George and Rosemary Clooney look-a-like competition is being held in Kilkenny next Friday.

"The entire party will be filmed for the documentary," added Mr

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Merlin
Merlin
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 09 Jan 2012, 07:20

Meanwhile, a George and Rosemary Clooney look-a-like competition is being held in Kilkenny next Friday
Oh my, what I wouldn't give to be there to see that!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 09 Jan 2012, 07:39

"doubting Thomas mentality"
I'm irish too, I guess Neutral

Mr Clooney's father, Nicholas, has promised to star in a new documentary exploring his son's Irish roots.

strange listening to the entire name Very Happy
(and also: only his son's
not about his own? Rolling Eyes What a Face )

anyway a lot of fuss!
what if he doesn't appear? Shocked

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 09 Jan 2012, 09:32

That's a wonderful history story about the Clooney's.
Good to learn new things about our man.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 09 Jan 2012, 09:37

Picture of it here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Clunie
Posted on January 24, 2011 by admin

Thanks to the endeavour and patience of Mr. Ben Clunie of Edinburgh, Clunie’s, Cluny’s. Clooney’s, and Clunes worldwide
are enjoying having their own official family tartan at last.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 09 Jan 2012, 12:37

nice!
a really portable one
not too many clashing colours!

forget to say:

Mr Clooney's great-great-grandfather, Nicholas, had been evicted from Ireland because he was only worth £2 and two shillings.

terrific.... Crying or Very sad
how can you put a prize
on a human being?

this is @ poket
not man

Exploded
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by sadDonkey Mon 09 Jan 2012, 13:03

Thanks for the link Joanna.

Nice. The clunie tartan looks like the swedish flag

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 09 Jan 2012, 13:04

yes!

thanks for the forum thing

ciao sad!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Mon 09 Jan 2012, 13:33

I think it's very interesting. And all of us have a little "doubting Thomas" in us. Maybe we're all Irish...
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next