George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George's interview The Descendants for jetsetmag EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George's interview The Descendants for jetsetmag EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George's interview The Descendants for jetsetmag EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George's interview The Descendants for jetsetmag EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George's interview The Descendants for jetsetmag EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George's interview The Descendants for jetsetmag EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George's interview The Descendants for jetsetmag EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George's interview The Descendants for jetsetmag EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George's interview The Descendants for jetsetmag EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George's interview The Descendants for jetsetmag

5 posters

Go down

George's interview The Descendants for jetsetmag Empty George's interview The Descendants for jetsetmag

Post by laetval Sat 22 Oct 2011, 14:01

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

When the press talks about George Clooney is to talk about his female conquests. Each of his appearances off a multitude of gossip about his personal life. This is why George Clooney speaks very little to the press. Precisely, when he gave an interview, the word "exclusive" suddenly becomes a term of legal battle between media groups. Thanks to the association which organizes the Golden Globes, and which we are members, and our relationship with the actor we got the interview.

The charm, seriousness and talent of George Clooney makes him someone unique. In Europe, we only speak of the film The Marches of power, where he is both director and actor, Jet Set Magazine wanted to talk about another film, called The Descendants and directed by Alexander Payne. George Clooney plays a father of two who loses his wife. In mourning, he learns that his wife had an affair with another man. The Descendants is an excellent drama. One of those independent films that appeal to both critics and the public due to the presence of George Clooney. A George Clooney definitely that breaks its image under seductive velvet.

Ramzy: This is not the first time we see you take the screen role of a father. You have already played a dad, but that's really different.

George Clooney: It's true. I played a father in one day and Syriana.

Ramzy: And Fantastic Mr. Fox.

George Clooney: Right. Fantastic Mr. Fox is a cartoon but I played a dad too. It's very nice to play this role because I take this opportunity to be the uncle of the children during the shooting! I encourage them to do everything not to do. Eat ice cream for example! But on this film was different. The children behaved like adults and it is I who was doing something stupid. I love this side spinning top is nice.

Ramzy: Have you ever been married. Is it easily gets into the skin of the character, and in this case, the role of the deceived husband?

George Clooney: No matter the character, when you're an actor, you must identify yourself to him. This is not a situation that I know personally, but I understand exactly what he feels. I totally understand the difficulties of my character. Having relatives who are sick. But my work on this film was to do what you asked me the script and especially not start asking me questions about the approach. You do not need to be addicted to heroin for an addict to play! Our job is primarily to interpret what others have experienced, and sometimes ourselves. In this case, everything was excellent in this scenario. It was above all well written and directed by a very good director, Alexander Payne.

Ramzy: How do you manage the betrayal?

George Clooney: I'll tell you how I kill! (Laughter). Treason, it is never good. We all agree on that. This is one of the worst things. We talk about it just in my other film, The Marches of power. I strongly believe in the concept of loyalty. The worst thing is to lie to people. Okay, some lies are not serious, but for me it is the worst thing.

Ramzy: The Descendants in, there is an answer that sums up the situation. The one where your daughter tells you, "You're completely missing the point." Of course, this is your character deceived husband. But in life, do what you do not let anything happen?

George Clooney: You can not manage everything in life. It's true that I like things to be aware but there is always a surprise! I had an agent who scammed me. He ended up getting fired. Sometimes that's true, you fall from the sky. In my case, I always try to have a look at my business to understand what is happening, but it is never safe from a surprise. If you do not trust anyone, you'll never be fooled. But sometimes you take risks.

Ramzy: And the fear of taking risks?

George Clooney: Today, I am pleased to say, "Let's Talk. Let's talk about this fear. "At the end of his life, my Aunt Rosemary (Rosemary Clooney, successful singer, Ed) could not sing as good as before. Someone said "You can not sing, you sing false." She said, "I have nothing to prove, that's why I'm a good singer." It's a bit the same for me, I no longer try to prove anything. I moved to another stage. I may try other roles and choose what I like and what interests me.

Ramzy: You just spent a significant milestone in your life.

George Clooney: You mean my 40 years? (Laughs ...)

Ramzy: Exactly (laughs ...). When you look back, what are the things you're most proud of and possibly those ...

George Clooney: Of which I am least proud of? I had the chance to make films that will not be forgotten. Out of Sight and Three Kings are films that do not work well but will still be there because they are very good films. I am very proud of some films, especially those projects that have managed to climb so that no one wanted. I did a lot of turnips. I made some bad decisions. But I was lucky enough to have made these decisions early in their careers, when nobody was looking really. I made some horrible TV series in which I was very bad. But no one saw them. I really learned from my mistakes. But even after we always mistakes.

Ramzy: And the thing you're really most proud of?

George Clooney: I'm proud to have been involved in great causes. To be able to direct the light that is usually on me to all these causes like Darfur or Sudan. It was very important because no one paid attention to the region. Then it's easier to do a telethon. For me, that's success.

Ramzy: When you know how long it takes to mount a film project, I wonder how you manage to achieve, playing in several films, and more to get involved in charitable operations.

George Clooney: I have a clone that helps me (laughs ...)! I'm just looking at the world. I realized that there are many things to do even if you do not have time. I would have preferred not to return to Sudan this month but there's something going on. We must manage to get there. I'm going to China to participate in a one-day charity event to raise funds. It's not really something that is done for one day, but true. When we shot The Descendants in Hawaii, I went to Sudan for a few days. It's exhausting but it must be done.

Ramzy: The U.S. presidential elections are approaching. You're going to get involved in the campaign?

George Clooney: I've never involved. I learned long ago that unless a player in Republican, can not engage (laughs ...)! If you are a Republican, yes, but if you're Democrat, drops! Hollywood is really against the rest of the world. You're constantly trying to remind people that Hollywood is one of the few U.S. industries to export what we produce for billions of dollars every year! So, I participate in some charity event for the candidates but that's it. You know, my father (Nick Clooney, famous presenter, Ed), ran for Congress and I could not campaign for him. I did some charity operations for him but that's all. That's what I will do so. Some gala dinners to be sure to raise money for the Democrats.
laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

George's interview The Descendants for jetsetmag Empty Re: George's interview The Descendants for jetsetmag

Post by cindigirl Sat 22 Oct 2011, 15:42

Thanks for the article.

He said "When we shot Descendents in Hawaii I went to Sudan for a few days. It was exhausting but it must be done."

I don't remember reading anything like that.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

George's interview The Descendants for jetsetmag Empty Re: George's interview The Descendants for jetsetmag

Post by it's me Sat 22 Oct 2011, 16:32

January?
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Sat 22 Oct 2011, 16:35

MR clooney please stop repeating every thing u say about your aunt , your father campaign and so on.......................... Idea

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 22 Oct 2011, 16:49

be patient
he's a man of certain age
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Sat 22 Oct 2011, 17:43

Everybody is complaining when he doesn't give interviews, and then when he does, you complain about what he says. He talks about his movies, he talks about his family (all the public parts), he talks about Darfur and Sudan. These are his main interests and the things he's willing to address. He even jokes about getting older.

It's me, what about January?
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 22 Oct 2011, 17:50

Sudan referendum
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Sat 22 Oct 2011, 17:57

I don't think that was what he meant. He was filming TD in May, if you remember he was there for his birthday, big deal about spending it in a big hotel, with EC. There was even an article about his leaving his favorite blanket behind at hotel when he left to go back to filming.

Not sure if he went to Sudan for referendum, but I don't remember anything about him going or being there.
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 22 Oct 2011, 18:02

he was there
for the referendum
and I guess January
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down