George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Has George's current relationship [with Stacy Keibler] changed you view of him?? EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Has George's current relationship [with Stacy Keibler] changed you view of him?? EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Has George's current relationship [with Stacy Keibler] changed you view of him?? EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Has George's current relationship [with Stacy Keibler] changed you view of him?? EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Has George's current relationship [with Stacy Keibler] changed you view of him?? EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Has George's current relationship [with Stacy Keibler] changed you view of him?? EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Has George's current relationship [with Stacy Keibler] changed you view of him?? EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Has George's current relationship [with Stacy Keibler] changed you view of him?? EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Has George's current relationship [with Stacy Keibler] changed you view of him?? EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Has George's current relationship [with Stacy Keibler] changed you view of him??

+31
NotAvailable
LornaDoone
Cinderella
macs
watching
Pari
Dior
Jade
sisieq
Dexterdidit
it's me
lolo"layla"
dakota007
Ello
blubelle
MyGirlKylie
lovelylois
MM
lelacorb
sadDonkey
cindigirl
sandwiches
Clooneylicious61
Casey
Atalante
Katiedot
doris day
lula-mae
pattygirl
lucy
bellybaby
35 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Has George's current love life changed your view of him?

Yes, I think worse of him

Yes, I think better of him

No, my view hasn't changed

It's too early for me to decide

View results

Has George's current relationship [with Stacy Keibler] changed you view of him?? Empty Has George's current relationship [with Stacy Keibler] changed you view of him??

Post by bellybaby Wed 19 Oct 2011, 13:40

I'm not a long time follower (especially compared to some of you!), I've only joined forums since Eli. But throughout, have learned alot about his former gf's and their similarities. Unfortunately, for me, George has lost alot of his appeal.  I always thought of him as this charming, classy guy, but since I've been following, I'm not really seeing it so much. Just some guy, that's getting desperately older, and likes to date classless, clueless women.  Not my kind of guy. I totally get that it's his personal life, he can do what he wants, etc.  Maybe I should stop following, and go back to lala land where I'd see his pic in a magazine or see his movie, and still be impressed? Question

Last edited by LornaDoone on Sun 28 Jul 2013, 19:54; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added poll)

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Has George's current relationship [with Stacy Keibler] changed you view of him?? Empty Re: Has George's current relationship [with Stacy Keibler] changed you view of him??

Post by lucy Wed 19 Oct 2011, 14:11

Know exactly what you mean, over the years I've lost a lot of the romance that I use to have for him. Still admire his looks, talent, charming personality,etc. but yes something is missing, he is no longer my fantasy male.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Has George's current relationship [with Stacy Keibler] changed you view of him?? Empty Re: Has George's current relationship [with Stacy Keibler] changed you view of him??

Post by pattygirl Wed 19 Oct 2011, 14:22

lucy, that may be a good thing. Once we put our fantasy man in that dream, we are bound to get disillusioned and maybe even a little heartbroken. He is there to be admired - has the looks, talent and charm women like, but other than that, he's just a man, no better than most, no worse than some. The women he chooses, he chooses for his own reasons and we'll never get it.
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by lula-mae Wed 19 Oct 2011, 14:26

Hello Ladies. Ive been lurking for quite a long time and today I've decided to jump in! The reason is that I totally agree with you Bellybaby. I've been following George Clooney for more than 10 years now and that Kleiber thing really made me loose all interest in him. I followed all his relationships since Celine, never cared enough about any of his ladies to comment or to think less of him but now I am really and trully disapointed by the men. I used to find him classy, used to laugh at his jokes even the lousy ones, i couldn't wait to come check the news on COH and other websites with a smile on my face no matter what were the news, even during the Canalis disaster I had more respect for him. I was at the première in Paris yesterday and maybe seeing them in real together worsen my disappointment. I've never found him that ridiculous and it sadden me because I used to be in awe of him and now he comes accross to me as tasteless and vile.
Sorry if you find my comment too harsh but that's how all the "Keibler mess" makes me feel. I'm sure she is a nice girl but as someone else said she doesn't do him any favor.
He's definetely lost his charisma and his charm as far as I'm concerned.
I know it's his "private life" so it shouldn't be any of my business but he's the one who is rubbing our face in his "private life" by parading her everywhere and I don't think I want to see any other event in which he is involved. I hope that first comment won't make you too mad at me, if I hurted anyone I apologize it's absolutely not my intention.

lula-mae
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Wed 19 Oct 2011, 14:34

Welcome, lula, and everyone is welcome to their own opinion whether we agree with it or not.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by doris day Wed 19 Oct 2011, 14:43

lucy and belly and lula,more or less the same for me,
i still like him a lot as an actor, director,i like his way of joking and the serious part of his work ,the involvement with sudan dafur etc,i thing hesgorgeous,but im afraid hes losing for me a lot of charm,i cannot forget that hes jumping from one cheap young woman to another cheap woman,so i wonder what is beside this need of dating someone who is obviously of a different lower" level",sorry i cannot express better in english;anyway the answers to my wonderings are quite, letsay ,alarming

doris day
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by doris day Wed 19 Oct 2011, 14:50

some more from me,i think he does not personally bothers about what people think about his dating;most of the people probably thinks hes gorgeous and nice or not gorgeous and not nice not depending from his loveladies;but i wonder if he ever thinks what his fellows think of that;nobody,no big,a class actor(that i can remember) has his attitude,unless hes much younger,
when he speaks with obama or goes to the congress or at the oscars among people who KNOW what are the reasons why he loses part of his fascination because of whom he dates,does he feel ashamed or worried?

doris day

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 19 Oct 2011, 14:59

hi Lulamae, a very warm welcome to you and happy to see you post!

Bellybaby, hope you don't mind but i added a poll to your question. Some people are a bit shy to post on these kind of threads but are happy to give their opinion in an anonymous vote.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lula-mae Wed 19 Oct 2011, 15:01

Thanks for the welcoming. Very much appreciated!

lula-mae
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Wed 19 Oct 2011, 15:28

A hillbilly from Kentucky ain't gonna change his ways ! tongue

He does need to get BETTER stories to film, docudramas please that do change things for the better.

Like the DSK - case, really, reality is always more interesting to watch than all those fictional movies. Now DSK is linked to a Belgian pimp ! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Wed 19 Oct 2011, 15:40

Hi Lula, welcome!

Can you please share with us what it was that you saw at the premiere that turned you off so much? Was it something he or she said or did? I'm just curious about your experience, if you don't mind sharing.

Thank you!

Casey
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Clooneylicious61 Wed 19 Oct 2011, 16:01

Hi Lula,

Same here. I'm back, after taking a break from George, so I'm out of the loop. lol

Personally, I think Canalis was a nightmare. I can't imagine any gf of George's being as horrid as she was.

Clooneylicious61
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by lula-mae Wed 19 Oct 2011, 16:06

Thanks Casey!
I don't mind sharing at all, althought there's not that much to share. I should have been more specific about ' the I was there'. Actually the theatre where the premiere was held is just in front of the the subway station George V, which is the one I use every day as I work five minutes away from there. When I saw the crowd I decided to wait and have look. It was crowded, the weather was terrible but I managed to catch a glimpse. It was fast but it was enough for me to see a really really mismatched couple and I was surprised by the fact that George Clooney is really thin and shorter than what I thought. What I saw didn't convince to stay and try to get more sorry.

lula-mae
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by sandwiches Wed 19 Oct 2011, 16:09

I don't care who he's dating. I like his movies and he's hot. That's all I need from him.
sandwiches
sandwiches

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Wed 19 Oct 2011, 16:10

Thank you, Lula!

Casey
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 19 Oct 2011, 16:18

sandwiches wrote:I don't care who he's dating. I like his movies and he's hot. That's all I need from him.

Agree! So many people comment on his height and weight. He probably looks bigger because cameras make a person look bigger than they actually are in real life. I think he works very hard to be "slim" for the pictures. But IMO his forearms and pecs are to die for. I love you
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Wed 19 Oct 2011, 16:33

I with you both, sandy and cindi. People are getting really nitpicky. Is it just to give a solid reason for their disappointment? George is still the same actor, director, comedian, social activist he has always been. His height, weight, dating preferences, while disappointing to many, are really insignificant flaws, and have always been part of his persona.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by sadDonkey Wed 19 Oct 2011, 16:35

I don´t understand George Clooney. He says he wants to keep his personal life private but presents Stacy to the world (4 months after Elisabetta!).

With every new girlfriend the age gap is getting bigger. What does he want to prove? "With great power comes great responsibility" Mr. Clooney.

I never believed in the gay and PR rumors but right now - I am so disappointed that he jumps from one relationship to another - that I hope these rumors are true!

I really don´t want him to look like a dirty or ridiculous old man one day.

George Clooney - I still love you - you bastard Wink

I wonder what his parents say ?!

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Location : Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, Europe, ...

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Wed 19 Oct 2011, 16:40

Totally agree with all of you regrading his professional life and that as a activist. But he chooses to mix private with professional, so he's gonna get people commenting on his personal choices, besides IMHO he is starting to look foolish with some of his choices, and yes it's due to his age and how they look together while he is promoting his professional life.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by lula-mae Wed 19 Oct 2011, 16:42

I totally agree with you Cindigirl about the forearms, I wasn’t criticizing his height or weight I was just sharing a “detail” that struck me. Anyway, even though he’s shorter and thinner than on screen he’s still a very very good looking man no question about that !

lula-mae
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 19 Oct 2011, 16:46

sadDonkey wrote:With every new girlfriend the age gap is getting bigger. What does he want to prove? "With great power comes great responsibility" Mr. Clooney.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I don't think he's responsible to his fans for his choice of dates. He's an intelligent man and, even though I don't think he's in love with Stacy, he's apparently doing what his PR needs him to do.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by sadDonkey Wed 19 Oct 2011, 17:00

What I meant was... he shouldn´t take advantage of his position. Of course he can have almost every girl, he doesn´t have to prove it.. but he is responsible for them. Remember Sarah Larson? He picked her up, put her into spotlight...and then?

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Wed 19 Oct 2011, 17:01

If he walks red carpets alone, people question his actions. If he has a female (lady or bimbo) on his arm, besides his mother, they question his actions. This is not really his personal life, which he keeps close to the vest. This is his public persona, whether we agree or not. There has really been nothing press or photo wise that has shown us that SK is a part of his personal life. I don't think this is PR driven, just that people expect him to have a beautiful woman on his arm, and he obliges them.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 19 Oct 2011, 17:16

I am convinced that George is in a crisis, he keeps repeating that he is happy to grow old but every day shows that it upsets him. Her behavior is typical of 'middle-aged man who does not agree to grow old. Over the past 4 months has behaved like a man child but I love it and allow everyone to make mistakes, I hope he recovers!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 19 Oct 2011, 17:22

pattygirl wrote:There has really been nothing press or photo wise that has shown us that SK is a part of his personal life. I don't think this is PR driven, just that people expect him to have a beautiful woman on his arm, and he obliges them.
IMO people's expectations of him are related to public relations. He does what he has to.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Wed 19 Oct 2011, 17:25

Clooneylicious61 wrote:Hi Lula,

Personally, I think Canalis was a nightmare. I can't imagine any gf of George's being as horrid as she was.

I'm glad that Gee dumped Canalis, she just used him to better herself, or so she thought. Well, it didn't work, did it LOL.

MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Wed 19 Oct 2011, 17:45

For me I have learned from over the past years with some of my favorite actors and actresses to not to take so much of their personal lives to heart. If I had to judge every actor and their personal life I would stop going to the movies and watching tv. They are people who have talent, money and flaws and that is just the way it is. I like coming to COH because it is fun to get the latest on George and read everybodys views on him. Who knows why he goes for these women and really why they are attracted to him.

lovelylois
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Wed 19 Oct 2011, 17:56

sandwiches wrote:I don't care who he's dating. I like his movies and he's hot. That's all I need from him.

Yeah Right

If we judged every artist for their personal life, we'd never be a fan of an actor, director, musician, singer, etc. I may scratch at some of his choices but that doesn't make me like him any less. I just like to assume all the questionable choices are because he hasn't met ME! LMAO, shaddup and let me have my moment, ok. Wink
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Wed 19 Oct 2011, 18:20

Before he made it official with SK he walked the red carpet with the cast of IOM.
Forget which premier that was. He also walked with his folks. He looked good, was at ease, and there was positive feedback. I agree with everyone that says his gf choices are his choices. I just don't get his needing a gf for publicity. All he has to do is walk down a street and he gets papped. I also don't get how the gf thing happens so fast. In real life it takes time. It was the same with EC. Yeah, I know the story line was he knew them before. Just don't buy that BS.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by doris day Wed 19 Oct 2011, 19:10

i do not think that anybody here who said that does not like his girls friends will not go to see his movies

the question was: has george's current relationship changed your view of him

so i personally will go on to like him,to go to see his movies,to find him a beautiful interesting man etc BUT i dont like his "love" relations and think he could do better
i would like to know who is another a list actor of his age who dates a wrestler or a velina

please give me names

doris day

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 19 Oct 2011, 19:33

Haha - no doris I canot think of even one.

I think he should replace his PR team.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by doris day Wed 19 Oct 2011, 20:28

thanks cindi!

doris day

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 19 Oct 2011, 21:12

MM wrote:
Clooneylicious61 wrote:Hi Lula,

I'm glad that Gee dumped Canalis, she just used him to better herself, or so she thought. Well, it didn't work, did it LOL.

Just see it ..... Ely was much better before! She definitely did not do well .... but as his gf has done well? A name, please!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ello Wed 19 Oct 2011, 21:31

sadDonkey

I share your confusion at the conflict between his declared desire for privacy and him parading his girlfriend before the world and also his choice of girlfriend. This woman lives her life in celebrity magazines, every cliched 'thought' regurgitated on twitter, every manufactured relationship drama breathlessly spillled by a'friend' to the gossip mags. What is he thinking?

He brings these women into the glare of A List celebrity and then publicly disparages everything about them, as do his fans (like I just did). They are villified for everything they are and a great deal they are not, and then he very publicly dumps them. He humiliated Elisabetta Canalis, it was ugly. I don't care how badly she behaved, if she did, he is responsible. The shit that fell on her was because of him. The same with Sarah Larson, only worse because she was not a public figure at all and was totally unprepared for the spotlight. It was obscene how she was thrown to the wolves, and the wolves should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

This swift turnaround of arm candy has thrown a spotlight on the lack of emotion about the whole thing. I don't care if he likes to screw cheap women, that's his business, but it disappoints me that such an intelligent man dates women that he plainly has no interest in talking to, no interest in forming a lasting friendship with on any kind of equal basis. That he chooses to subordinate the women closest to him, yes that changes my view of him.

And if he is doing it as a cover for a boyfriend, that is even worse. He subordinates women in a manufactured relationship? Also, he is in a perfect position to step forward and end the debate on homosexuality in America. US society is crying out for an individual to rally behind, to decide as a country it doesn't care about homosexuality anymore, as a lot of Europe has done already. To have that opportunity and not take it would make a mockery of everything he claims to stand for.
Ello
Ello
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Oct 2011, 21:40

cindigirl wrote:Haha - no doris I canot think of even one.

I think he should replace his PR team.

I think he should replace any feelings he has towards women.

Back to top Go down

Post by dakota007 Wed 19 Oct 2011, 21:53

i agree with patty that's my point!! there will be always something to complain about!! why do you want him to date a lady while he says he is not a good boyfriend??? maybe he doesn't want to hurt anyone so he goes with those girls!!! maybe he loves some girl but she doesn't love him?? could be many things so don't judge on him without knowing him realy well!!
dakota007
dakota007
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 19 Oct 2011, 22:06

Very well said dakota. Thumbs up!
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Wed 19 Oct 2011, 22:07

could be many things so don't judge on him without knowing him realy well!!

can't agree more dekota not only for george but for any man or woman and not just celebrities

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by sadDonkey Wed 19 Oct 2011, 22:23

dakota007 wrote: maybe he doesn't want to hurt anyone so he goes with those girls!!!

he doesn´t have the right to hurt "those" girls either. They have the same feelings like "other" girls.
it´s more questioning than judging... I think. But how do I know, I am just a Donkey.

Last edited by sadDonkey on Wed 19 Oct 2011, 22:45; edited 2 times in total

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 19 Oct 2011, 22:31

parading his girlfriend where, Ello?
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by dakota007 Wed 19 Oct 2011, 22:34

i meant they are more intrested in fame and money not on him!! so he wont hurt them by not caring enough of them as they wont take care of them too!! again it is just maybes!!
dakota007
dakota007
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sadDonkey Wed 19 Oct 2011, 23:12

now I know what you mean Give Flowers2

But don´t you think she´s in love with him? I mean who wouldn´t? After all he´s a great guy.
She has money. OK - now she is internationally known...but she was well-known in the US. Wasn´t she?

You don´t have to answere, those are just rhetorical questions.

The whole thing is still very strange.

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Thu 20 Oct 2011, 01:55

Stacy wasn't a huge star in the US very D list but she loves red carpets and cameras and in the past seems to have pretty much shown up to the opening of an envelope. These are the sorts of girls he dates ones who can get something out of dating him and he get's arm candy. They suit his lifestyle and he doesn't seem to care what anyone thinks (except about Krista). I think it's taken some shine off him but it is who he is.

It doesn't go with him image and some of the things he says but if you don't really follow him like we do you wouldn't know it. It is looking sadder because George is getting older and showing it and the girls are getting younger and look it. I don't think anyone believes Stacy could have an indepth conversation with anyone let alone George and that is where it becomes confusing. How can a seemingly intelligent man have no problems going out with someone who really only seems to talk about cleansing diets and hiking with weights hiking? Eli pouted her way through and it was clear conversation wasn't a big part of their relationship either it just doesn't add up.

I have followed George for about 12 years now in the beginning I collected everything and couldn't wait to hear what he was doing I would even get up at some ungodly hour to chat to friends about him (some of them are still here today). These days it's a little less butterflies and eagerness cause George keeps doing the same thing with the same sort of girls. But I don't give up hope maybe one day he will date someone we don't see naked all over the internet. One thing for sure is that Stacy won't be the last girl we talk about.......
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Thu 20 Oct 2011, 02:04

Hi, lula-mae. Glad you posted and hope you stick around. Thanks for your first hand observations!

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Thu 20 Oct 2011, 02:13

Ello wrote:sadDonkey

I share your confusion at the conflict between his declared desire for privacy and him parading his girlfriend before the world and also his choice of girlfriend. This woman lives her life in celebrity magazines, every cliched 'thought' regurgitated on twitter, every manufactured relationship drama breathlessly spillled by a'friend' to the gossip mags. What is he thinking?

He brings these women into the glare of A List celebrity and then publicly disparages everything about them, as do his fans (like I just did). They are villified for everything they are and a great deal they are not, and then he very publicly dumps them. He humiliated Elisabetta Canalis, it was ugly. I don't care how badly she behaved, if she did, he is responsible. The shit that fell on her was because of him. The same with Sarah Larson, only worse because she was not a public figure at all and was totally unprepared for the spotlight. It was obscene how she was thrown to the wolves, and the wolves should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

This swift turnaround of arm candy has thrown a spotlight on the lack of emotion about the whole thing. I don't care if he likes to screw cheap women, that's his business, but it disappoints me that such an intelligent man dates women that he plainly has no interest in talking to, no interest in forming a lasting friendship with on any kind of equal basis. That he chooses to subordinate the women closest to him, yes that changes my view of him.
I respectfully disagree!

And if he is doing it as a cover for a boyfriend, that is even worse. He subordinates women in a manufactured relationship? Also, he is in a perfect position to step forward and end the debate on homosexuality in America. US society is crying out for an individual to rally behind, to decide as a country it doesn't care about homosexuality anymore, as a lot of Europe has done already. To have that opportunity and not take it would make a mockery of everything he claims to stand for.
WTF?

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by doris day Thu 20 Oct 2011, 02:54

what you disagree sisieq?

i agree with you ello but i do not think that "if he was doing for a cover for a boyfriend" etc he could stop and make the step forward;this would be a bomb,most people do not want even think that and that step could change lots of things hes doing,from the nespressos to the darfur to his movies; we all want to dream,and dream is straight for most people;we could not go to see him kissing michelle pfeiffer knowing that some boyfriend is waiting him home,and probably nespresso or omega or mercedez would not want that step

doris day

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 20 Oct 2011, 05:48

I have to be honest and say these pictures of him with Stacy have made me really think hard about George.

If you're going to be a long time fan of Clooney's then I think it's pretty muc a given that you learn to live with his appalling taste in women and accept that while he's great in some areas, his flaw is what he looks for in a woman.

When he was dating Sarah Larson i seem to remember arguing vociferously that she was probably partly a pr girlfriend as much as anything. Then came Elisabetta and I changed my mind.

Now I look at Stacy and see such a complete lack of any bond whatsoever, the only thing going through my mind is the question whether he really is gay. Because I have no other explanation for it.

At lease with his other girlfriends, in the beginning he looked happy to be with them.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Thu 20 Oct 2011, 06:06

And that makes it even worse. If some of us who are his fans and followed him for years are starting to wonder then clearly if he is doing this for PR it is failing miserably. Stacy and George are like the odd couple they just don't gel and this is only a few weeks into the relationship. I don't see any connection and sorry I don't believe that these two are having hot sex which is being reported. People who are really having great sex generally don't walk around telling everyone they don't need too. You can tell if two people are hot for each other and no matter how hard they try Stacy and George come across as very much a fauxmance. George needs to stay single for awhile and date girls and not drag them on the red carpet when he needs to sell a movie. Stacy is doing his image more harm then good and Stan needs a good rap on the knuckles if he thinks this is a good idea. If George really wants to date Stacy keep it private don't do these awkward walks on the carpet with her. Of course this won't please Stacy but then maybe George will get the hint and date someone who doesn't just wants him around for her own PR.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade Thu 20 Oct 2011, 06:23

Hi all,

I've been a member for a couple of months but not informed enough to have anything to add. I want to comment on this discussion though because it focuses on something I've been thinking about. I'm not really a huge fan because I don't see a lot of movies, I just think George is handsome and intellingent and politically active and I was intrigued. But after following the Eli thing for months and now Stacy, I am much less impressed with him than I was coming in.

I don't dispute his right to date he wants at all, and I don't think he owes the fans anything. I just think that the way he acts in his personal life is really hard to reconcile with his public image as being a good man, sensitive, smart, involved. And it makes me wonder if his whole public persona is a PR product designed to humanize his image or even disguise that he is kind of, well, shallow and self-involved. Not saying that is necessarily true, just something I wonder. The disconnect between the guy who dates and dumps bimbos and can't make a deep connection with a woman and the guy who is so supposedly intelligent and caring about Africa and political issues is astonishing.

He's looking a bit older too these days with Stacy, tho still smokin' hot!

Jade
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ello Thu 20 Oct 2011, 11:07

Dex, See I think your point that people who don't look closely don't see anything is true generally and Stacy works fine on the red carpet for PR. She's pretty and smiley - which was why Canalis was confusing, she didn't do the fundamentals, couldn't dress, didn't smile. Mind you, Stacy didn't even appear on the red carpet last night and George was all over the news here all by himself, so if they are adding media coverage it's marginal.

Doris,
Yes, ok that's true, but he can still do it. The captain of the Welsh rugby team came out a year or two ago, while he was still playing (unlike the Ricky Martins, who wait until their career is over when no-one cares). Rugby is religion in Wales and it is a macho sport. It was a very brave thing to do and it worked - the country rallied to him, the media championed him, the top players stepped forward and publicly supported him. That was a country ready to move on and he gave them a figurehead through which to do it. George is perhaps the best positioned of any public figure in America to do the same. His advertising work is non-US and I don't think Europe would bat an eye. His name doesn't open films at the box office, his films stand or fall based on the material not the star presence. The star presence gets publicity, which he would get in spades if he came out. It might actually improve his box office.

Of course, he could be straight. In which case, what Katie said. scratch
Ello
Ello
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next