George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Will George Clooney ever settle down? [Stacy Keibler Mentioned] - Page 5 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Will George Clooney ever settle down? [Stacy Keibler Mentioned] - Page 5 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Will George Clooney ever settle down? [Stacy Keibler Mentioned] - Page 5 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Will George Clooney ever settle down? [Stacy Keibler Mentioned] - Page 5 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Will George Clooney ever settle down? [Stacy Keibler Mentioned] - Page 5 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Will George Clooney ever settle down? [Stacy Keibler Mentioned] - Page 5 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Will George Clooney ever settle down? [Stacy Keibler Mentioned] - Page 5 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Will George Clooney ever settle down? [Stacy Keibler Mentioned] - Page 5 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Will George Clooney ever settle down? [Stacy Keibler Mentioned] - Page 5 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Will George Clooney ever settle down? [Stacy Keibler Mentioned]

+30
lolo"layla"
melbert
Katarina
sisieq
MyGirlKylie
blubelle
sadDonkey
sandwiches
MM
Lighterside
lucy
fava
Charley
Henway
Dexterdidit
lovelylois
davidarochelle
zizi
Wolfgang Gunnerson
Dior
annemarie
cindigirl
Atalante
Jazz After Dark
lelacorb
watching
it's me
Katiedot
pattygirl
Cinderella
34 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Will George Clooney ever settle down? [Stacy Keibler Mentioned] - Page 5 Empty Re: Will George Clooney ever settle down? [Stacy Keibler Mentioned]

Post by MM Wed 07 Dec 2011, 13:24

thanks MM
why only now telling us that?

Thanks, it's me, but I did mention these things in my other posts on this forum. I now brought them all together and clarified them for everyone's benefit.

I remember his father forcing him to write punishment texts
scaring

This was not a punishment. Nick felt that George was not reading enough, so he wanted George to prove that he was reading.

Last edited by MM on Wed 07 Dec 2011, 15:04; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding text)
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Will George Clooney ever settle down? [Stacy Keibler Mentioned] - Page 5 Empty Re: Will George Clooney ever settle down? [Stacy Keibler Mentioned]

Post by it's me Wed 07 Dec 2011, 21:21

by writing down?

mmm....
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Wed 07 Dec 2011, 22:56

We call them book reports and are regularly given as assignments in school. It helps the student learn to be descriptive in regard to the book they've just read, and lets the teacher know if the student is really reading the book and also understanding the book. My husband and I used to do just what Nick did when we thought the kids might be fudging on their reading. It's also good practice for them and also gives them the opportunity to get a couple of book reports ahead for the following school year. The kids often thought of it as a punishment, but it wasn't meant to be. Just a learning experience. One good thing that came from it was ALL of my kids love to read today, as I believe George does, too.
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 07 Dec 2011, 23:02

well
guess example works better than such 'lessons'

JMO
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by sandwiches Wed 07 Dec 2011, 23:14

pattygirl wrote:We call them book reports and are regularly given as assignments in school. It helps the student learn to be descriptive in regard to the book they've just read, and lets the teacher know if the student is really reading the book and also understanding the book. My husband and I used to do just what Nick did when we thought the kids might be fudging on their reading. It's also good practice for them and also gives them the opportunity to get a couple of book reports ahead for the following school year. The kids often thought of it as a punishment, but it wasn't meant to be. Just a learning experience. One good thing that came from it was ALL of my kids love to read today, as I believe George does, too.

Good post Pattygirl. Yeah Right
sandwiches
sandwiches
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 07 Dec 2011, 23:15

anyway
I guess tomorrow (today) I'll finally order my e-book reader
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Thu 08 Dec 2011, 01:45

You'll enjoy it very much, it's me. I got mine for my birthday and I love it. It's so much easier than holding a book for long periods of time. I have arthritis and it can get painful. My daughters that have them use them to play games, but I'd rather use it to read. When you get it be sure to check out the "free" books that you can get. They have classics as well as some regular ones. None of the current books, of course, but sometimes it's fun to reread the classics. Enjoy.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by zizi Thu 08 Dec 2011, 02:17

I don't believe he will ever settle down in the way we mean it: marriage and children. IMO his childhood didn't have much influence on his decision to lead his life the way he does. I think that his marriage was the turning point in his personal life. Maybe he never recovered from this personal failure.

zizi
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 08 Dec 2011, 06:32

PG, Santa's bringing me one , have been told that you can choose the size of print, can't wait to try it out, not sure how I will like not having a book in my hand, but I'm told I'll like the savings.
George settle down? With one women? For longer than a year?
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 08 Dec 2011, 08:50

pattygirl wrote:You'll enjoy it very much, it's me. I got mine for my birthday and I love it. It's so much easier than holding a book for long periods of time. I have arthritis and it can get painful. My daughters that have them use them to play games, but I'd rather use it to read. When you get it be sure to check out the "free" books that you can get. They have classics as well as some regular ones. None of the current books, of course, but sometimes it's fun to reread the classics. Enjoy.

thank you
and yes
I surely will scan thru classics! the idea to have them in a second, and free is.... bounce WOW!
at the same time I'm really worried about all people working in book/library industry
hope they will still have a job anyway in future years

books are sacre to me
I like to see them all together

and the paper of new books smell soo good! Very Happy Reading
surely not my e-reader! Razz

anyway it will be my one and only gift
this year
so I guess I can afford

---

now Mr Clooney

I guess his idea of 'settling down'
is unique
as him

listen, I'm saying that
n o w
t o d a y
bec of my mood

tomorrow it could be a VERY different mood
so to make me keeping Beaten him again

Do battle capito?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 08 Dec 2011, 11:40

And then there's this:

From 92.3 Radio Now

player.render('fileUrl=http://cbswxrk.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/rollin-with-nick-cannon-staying-in-a-dead-end-relationshipe280a6why__.mp3&name=Would You Stay in a Relationship That Didn't Fulfill Your Needs?&artist=Rollin' With Nick Cannon&stationID=155&configFile=config.xml&guid=1D7EB5A40EB8');

Rollin’ With Nick Cannon: Would You Stay in a Relationship That Didn’t Fulfill Your Needs?

Do you stay in a relationship even when you know the significant other sees no real future in it? Let’s say you want children, but your partner doesn’t? You want to get married, but they don’t?
That’s what is going down with George Clooney and his current girlfriend Stacy Keibler. We all know he’s NEVER settled down…and to top it off his girlfriend is thirty-two!

It’s simple to me: If you don’t have the same interests, then it won’t last!

But Nick Cannon and Sarah Lee have different view points on this..

In a recent interview George Clooney was asked if he has plans on getting married or having children, and he flat out said NO!

But that isn’t all too much of a shock. He’s had that reputation of being commitment free for as long as I can remember.

But as Sarah Lee points out…does his girlfriend know about this interview?

Sure George is getting old, he’s comfortable with himself and his bachelor-hood! But I have to agree with Sarah Lee. If I’m in a relationship and find out that the person I’m with has no future plans with me, then I will just walk away!

But it all comes down to where you are in your life!

What about you…would you walk away from someone if you knew they had no future-interest?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Thu 08 Dec 2011, 11:49

Stacy would have to live in a cave not to know George's feelings on kids and marriage. This isn't a sudden revelation it comes out a couple of times a year at least. And with the end of Elisabetta the story was everywhere. Stacy is net savvy and I can see her reading everything she can. So no I don't think Stacy could plead ignorance I think it's old fashioned greed that motivates her relationship with George. Most of us would walk away from a relationship that we know is going to lead nowhere. But for Stacy there is the benefit of PR, cash and attention she craves so she will stay till George throws her over. It doesn't really say much for Stacy except she really wants a career boost and she likes making money.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 08 Dec 2011, 12:26

Dexterdidit wrote:Most of us would walk away from a relationship that we know is going to lead nowhere.
Most maybe, but not everyone. I've spent the best part of a year in a relationship with a guy that had no future, but we were both happy with things the way they were. We've just broken up because he got a job in another country but it was fun while it lasted.

I'm sure she's well aware that her time with George is limited but is that really a reason not to go ahead anyway and enjoy it while she can if he's offering it? I'm sure it can't be a hardship to date him so while she's looking for Mr Right, why not dally with Mr Wrong?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydi Thu 08 Dec 2011, 12:44

Some guys who don't want to marry or have children lead women on to think they may be "the one" just to keep the woman interested. I wonder if George is honest with his gals in private.

ladydi
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Thu 08 Dec 2011, 14:32

Can't see George having trouble keeping any woman interested. His life is so full of travel and glamour, it would be intriguing to most.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Thu 08 Dec 2011, 15:16

Yes... but isn't that the problem? No matter how many times George says he'll never marry again these women don't feel the same way. If you're truly real with yourself, you cannot carry on a loving relationship knowing that it will be over. How can you except if you're fake. Do you know how hard that is? Daily???... It's like... when you know the knife is coming but, the only thing you don't know is how much it's going to hurt. AND personally I do not like pain!
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 08 Dec 2011, 15:35

ladydi wrote:Some guys who don't want to marry or have children lead women on to think they may be "the one" just to keep the woman interested. I wonder if George is honest with his gals in private.

Wow ladydi - that's something that never dawned on me. Realistically I don't think he'd promise marriage but just maybe he might be lulling her into thinking she may be 'the one'. Something to think about!
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 08 Dec 2011, 16:22

Cinderella wrote:. If you're truly real with yourself, you cannot carry on a loving relationship knowing that it will be over. How can you except if you're fake.
I'd debate that. If you really and truly love someone, there's no knowing what you can or can't do for them.

But mostly I just don't think love is the right word to use in this instance. I don't see love between these two so I don't think that's relevant. If you just like someone then you can have a relationship with them knowing that it has a finite end.

That's how I see the Clooney-Keibler relationship. I think they have fun together, enjoy the sex and each other's company and eventually one or both will move on. Not every sexual relationship in life has to be heart rending meeting of souls that will last for all eternity.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Thu 08 Dec 2011, 16:34

Cinderella wrote:
. If you're truly real with yourself, you cannot carry on a loving relationship knowing that it will be over. How can you except if you're fake. I'd debate that. If you really and truly love someone, there's no knowing what you can or can't do for them.

But mostly I just don't think love is the right word to use in this instance. I don't see love between these two so I don't think that's relevant. If you just like someone then you can have a relationship with them knowing that it has a finite end.

That's how I see the Clooney-Keibler relationship. I think they have fun together, enjoy the sex and each other's company and eventually one or both will move on. Not every sexual relationship in life has to be heart rending meeting of souls that will last for all eternity.

Well, if George and Stacy have a mutual "agreement" about the duration of this so-called "relationship," then, if they are OK with it, then, it is their business. Personally, I would not like to be used like that. I have way too much respect for myself.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Thu 08 Dec 2011, 17:02

Obviously, telling the country that he is not interested in marriage or having children is not a deal breaker for Stacy. For some women that is very important and they would feel insulted if a guy said that to you and the whole world. She said in an interview a while back that she wanted to be a stay-at-home-mom, but maybe that was an attempt to change her wrestler persona to serious actress, maybe deep down she really wants the George Clooney Lifestyle.

I am sure dating an A-lister actor or even a very wealthy man is very intoxicating, so a woman starts to believe that she is treated so great that she must be one and this is really what she wants. I think George settles down in his own way. Dating Stacy and living his lifestyle is settling down for him. Even though Stacy maybe around for a year or two that is enough for him. When he made that announcement about his split from E, everybody said they were dating for awhile, 2 years. I thought that is nothing in a relationship life span to make a major announcement like that. Before I met my husband, I dated a guy for two years, went no where, we broke up, it hurt and I moved on. I think i casually told people we broke up.

lovelylois

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 08 Dec 2011, 17:42

lovelylois wrote: She said in an interview a while back that she wanted to be a stay-at-home-mom, but maybe that was an attempt to change her wrestler persona to serious actress, maybe deep down she really wants the George Clooney Lifestyle.
Maybe she really does want to be a stay at home mother but that's not incompatible with dating George Clooney just as long as she remembers that's not his plan.

If I can explain it better, what I mean is this: just because a person has a particular goal, it doesn't mean they can't do other things even if those things aren't relevant to that goal. Likewise, just because Stacy says she wants to be a mother it doesn't automatically follow that the only man she is ever allowed to date in her life will be the future father of her children. She's allowed to fool around while she looks for her life partner.

That's sometimes one of the best learning experiences there is.

Remember, she's come out of a five year relationship, presumeably with the man she thought she'd spend the rest of her life with. She's supposedly known George and been in his social circle for some years, so nothing about him is going to surprise her. Perhaps she just wants a year or so of fun while she gets over a broken heart and moves in a new direction in life?

I could think of many worse ways to spend time than dating George Clooney!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 08 Dec 2011, 18:02

Katiedot wrote:I could think of many worse ways to spend time than dating George Clooney!
Oh yes, well Katie, that's a given. I just wonder if she knew the amount of criticism she would be getting for dating George. To me she seems like a nice enough person who is benefiting from her relationship. If she reads any of the negative press she's getting I hope she has a thick skin. Her wrestling fans have been pretty raunchy in their tweets about her but I don't believe they were as critical about her as some of G's fans.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Thu 08 Dec 2011, 19:16

Katiedot wrote:
lovelylois wrote: She said in an interview a while back that she wanted to be a stay-at-home-mom, but maybe that was an attempt to change her wrestler persona to serious actress, maybe deep down she really wants the George Clooney Lifestyle.
Maybe she really does want to be a stay at home mother but that's not incompatible with dating George Clooney just as long as she remembers that's not his plan.

If I can explain it better, what I mean is this: just because a person has a particular goal, it doesn't mean they can't do other things even if those things aren't relevant to that goal. Likewise, just because Stacy says she wants to be a mother it doesn't automatically follow that the only man she is ever allowed to date in her life will be the future father of her children. She's allowed to fool around while she looks for her life partner.

That's sometimes one of the best learning experiences there is.

Remember, she's come out of a five year relationship, presumeably with the man she thought she'd spend the rest of her life with. She's supposedly known George and been in his social circle for some years, so nothing about him is going to surprise her. Perhaps she just wants a year or so of fun while she gets over a broken heart and moves in a new direction in life?

I could think of many worse ways to spend time than dating George Clooney!

I am not saying she can't fool around and have fun until she meets Mr.Right. Sometimes we say things out loud to other people, we say sometimes things people want to hear and deep down we feel something else. Not always but sometimes. She should date George if it doesn't bother her that it won't lead to anything but more A-list parties. As an outside observer it easier to see the light at the end of the tunnel, but when your involved with a situation or a relationship sometimes you don't see the light. She might not be thinking the whole thing through, yeah it is fun now, but how will this impact my life and career when it ends. We don't know if the guy she dated for five years was Mr. Right either, we don't know why it ended. What i am also saying is that we ask if George will settle down. What is that? In his eyes, settle down might be dating a young girl for two years, take them on his journey and letting them go. He might say I feel settled in my life.

lovelylois

Back to top Go down

Post by zizi Thu 08 Dec 2011, 20:14

lovelylois wrote:
What i am also saying is that we ask if George will settle down. What is that? In his eyes, settle down might be dating a young girl for two years, take them on his journey and letting them go. He might say I feel settled in my life.

I agree that this is probably how he thinks.
Years in the business had made him an expert at compartmentalizing his life. Women don't interfere with his work or his ambitions.
Stacy is a different story. Maybe one day she will settle down with Mr Right or Mr. Wrong, depends on her luck, but it would not be with George.IMO

zizi

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 08 Dec 2011, 20:22

lovelylois wrote: What i am also saying is that we ask if George will settle down. What is that? In his eyes, settle down might be dating a young girl for two years, take them on his journey and letting them go. He might say I feel settled in my life.
Yup, I think that's very likely how he feels. In both words and actions he shows that he's not looking for anything very long term.

Stacy seems to have known him for some years already so I think she knows what she's getting herself into. I agree with zizi that her long term future isn't with George but maybe for the time being it's working for her.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Thu 08 Dec 2011, 22:05

Yep, Stacy, enjoy the ride while you can, honey.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Thu 08 Dec 2011, 23:39

As one of my friends used to say it's a temporary thing. I would hope Stacy doesn't think she will be the one to change Georges mind and is aware she does have an expiry date. But dating George Clooney can have it's downsides too. Just ask some of his exes who have had problems dating other men after George! As long as Stacy remembers this isn't going to really lead somewhere and she get's what she wants out of it and has some fun then she shouldn't end up hurt when it ends. I don't see her hanging around for a year or two not if she really wants the whole white picket fence and children. As for her thick skin I would think over the years she has developed a thick one the wrestling world can be hard too. There are always fans from both sides and they can get just as emotional! I doubt Stacy hasn't had trash talk against her over the years. Besides she has been on DWTS and on gossip sites for sometime so I doubt she hasn't read negative remarks about herself over the years.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Fri 09 Dec 2011, 00:49

MM wrote:Yep, Stacy, enjoy the ride while you can, honey.

Yeah Right
Exactly what I've been saying all along! she's young and plenty of time for marriage and kids. I say enjoy the fuck out of it (literally)! Wink
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by sadDonkey Fri 09 Dec 2011, 13:29

if to settle down means to live in a place where you stay for a long time: then yes, he settled down three decades ago. And will keep living&working in Los Angeles probably for the rest of his life. He couldn't be more settled down, he is even spending his vacation always in same places.

if to settle down means marriage and kids: then no.

if to settle down means to commit to a monogamous relationship: then monogamous yes but commit to a relationship no. Because... He is taking relationships not seriously. I remember Canalis saying, that she moved in with Clooney just four days after meeting him. His other gf's probably too. He jumps in (a relationship) without considering anything and jumps out again. As long as he has this attitude and doesn't use his brain...nothing will change.

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Location : Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, Europe, ...

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 09 Dec 2011, 15:28

did u say monogamous?

no
guess he is wayyyyyyy more carefull....
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 10 Dec 2011, 23:50

He's like a pogo stick - jumping in and out of "relationships"! bounce
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sat 10 Dec 2011, 23:55

Yep and Stacy can expect to fall off at some stage and get replaced with someone else. Funny Melbert. LOL
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Sun 11 Dec 2011, 00:34

melbert wrote:He's like a pogo stick - jumping in and out of "relationships"! bounce

George liked to pogo stick as a child (I saw a photo on a website somewhere), so I guess that kind of stuck with him.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 11 Dec 2011, 00:48

again
he ponders
A LOT
believe me
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 11 Dec 2011, 01:40

MM, I was remembering the same photo when I typed that!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Mon 12 Dec 2011, 19:43

It's me: "again
he ponders
A LOT
believe me."

Hmmmm... You got something interestingly pondersome there Very Happy
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 12 Dec 2011, 19:50

I think so

ciao P
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Mon 12 Dec 2011, 19:57

Ciao It's me Smile
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 12 Dec 2011, 20:02

Hello!

have to go to bed soon
tonight
sooooo tired!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5