George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1 - Page 12 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1 - Page 12 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1 - Page 12 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1 - Page 12 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1 - Page 12 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1 - Page 12 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1 - Page 12 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1 - Page 12 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1 - Page 12 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1

+52
Merlin
laetval
Katarina
macs
janieb
annemarie
lovelylois
elymania
Dior
adgran
m4rose
Lighterside
Casey
sarah ali
Ello
Atalante
lolo"layla"
hathaross
Pari
noodle
Coco
doris day
MM
lelacorb
anon.4
Henway
playfuldeb
ladydi
pandabear
fluffy
premiere
fava
blubelle
Natascha
maria4
cindigirl
bunny
MyGirlKylie
bellybaby
socimar
watching
Charley
LornaDoone
marina
Dexterdidit
it's me
sisieq
Katiedot
sandwiches
lucy
melbert
pattygirl
56 posters

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1 - Page 12 Empty Re: What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1

Post by lucy Mon 12 Sep 2011, 03:53

George is losing his touch this is the 2nd girlfriend in a row that he is no longer speaking to.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1 - Page 12 Empty Re: What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1

Post by Dexterdidit Mon 12 Sep 2011, 05:46

I don't know? She needs to get a better answer then that. At this stage of the game she really doesn't have the right to be upset that people are asking about George. If it wasn't for him she wouldn't even be on DWTS and she just did an interview with Chi. Of course she will be asked about him and she will be for years to come. Eli needs to keep the sweetness going people aren't going to like her getting snitchy! I wonder if we will get stories about flowers from George on her first big night like we did with Lisa? This could be the dWTS series George misses!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by elymania Mon 12 Sep 2011, 09:35

short video with Mario Lopez (interview)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Katiedot on Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:22; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added video)

elymania
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by elymania Mon 12 Sep 2011, 09:36

english improving? I guess

elymania
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Mon 12 Sep 2011, 10:00

I think her English has improved she is doing well it's a pity she didn't do it before this when she could have really used it! Not sure what opportunities she will get out of this I doubt it will be acting though. I think she would like a job like Mario has interviewing people etc. She had better stick to the English lessons is she wants that sort of role. I just don't see her getting anymore acting gigs even with better english it won't help her acting ability!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Mon 12 Sep 2011, 12:28

Betty has changed the blurb on her twitter page. She is tweet quoting Mark Twain. Sit. Down. Betty.

20 years from now u will be more disappointed by things u didn‘t do than by the onces u did.Sail away from the safe harbour.Expolore.Dream. Discover.
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Mon 12 Sep 2011, 12:57

Mark Twain really? Nick is a massive Mark Twain fan. She will start quoting Dickens next. Maybe she has been reading Huckleberry Finn for her english lessons? Possible.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Mon 12 Sep 2011, 13:04

She tweeted a 9/11 prayer - without a credit to who said it first.

JustElisabettaElisabettaCanalis
9/11 /2001 I want to pray for my unknown friends who have lost their lives and for the ones still living, who have lost their spirit.
20 hours ago

It should be credited Copyright © 2001 Karen Furtado (Canada). Maybe Betty has just learnt how to google quotes instead of only her own name.

I get that it is twitter and you only have a set number of character but at least link to the whole thing.

TIME

There are supposed to be 24 hours in each day, 60 minutes in each hour, and 60 seconds in each minute, yet since that Tuesday, time has been redefined.

Minutes are counted in tears that have been shed
and hours are measured in lives that were lost
and days struggle to even be recognized
amidst the blur of pain and suffering.

Time is said to be relative, and that is the only thing that remains true
For it is all about relatives, and family, and friends, both here,
and in the United States, both known, and unknown

Each tick of my watch signals moments that have forever been lost, dreams that have died, passions yet to be realized, kisses yet to be given, hugs that will never be shared, and breaths that will never be taken

Each tick of my watch signals the unleashing of immense canyons of pain and suffering, of floods of tears being shed, of hearts of all ages and all sizes being broken, and of the mammoth emptiness which envelopes us all

And each tick of my watch also signals that if I am aware that time is still ticking, I must still be here.

To experience the pain and share what I can of myself with others.

To pray for my unknown friends who have lost their lives and for the ones still living, who have lost their spirit.

To cry once more, and yet again, and then to move amidst the ashes and make friends with the fear and the pain that will always be there from now on.

To look at children who still claim their innocence, and for a moment, revel in their simplicity.

To listen to the different songs the birds sing, until I find one that is right for me.

To breathe deeper, and inhale the strength of life, with each breath.

To live better, and kinder, and more compassionately.

To kiss harder, hug stronger, and love deeper.

And to remember that it is still okay to laugh, and to cry, and to let go, and to heal.

Copyright © 2001 Karen Furtado (Canada)
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Mon 12 Sep 2011, 14:07

In the video I saw Ely as it once was, nice and smiling. I did not believe that loving George could do so much harm to a person!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Mon 12 Sep 2011, 14:28

I don't think that loving anyone could do so much harm to another. I think trying to change someone you love into a different person or trying to change their ideals or life decisions is harmful. Why did you fall in love with ......, if you love why try to change.

Eli was happy when their love was young, but when her love advanced to the next step while his stayed the same, her unhappiness began. Then she really blew it when marriage and children became her mantra. That completed her unhappiness. She will adjust and hopefully her next choice will be the right one.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Mon 12 Sep 2011, 15:21

pattygirl wrote:I don't think that loving anyone could do so much harm to another. I think trying to change someone you love into a different person or trying to change their ideals or life decisions is harmful. Why did you fall in love with ......, if you love why try to change.

Eli was happy when their love was young, but when her love advanced to the next step while his stayed the same, her unhappiness began. Then she really blew it when marriage and children became her mantra. That completed her unhappiness. She will adjust and hopefully her next choice will be the right one.

I see Eli as a manipulator and an opportunist. What her plan of action was, to marry George, have a child or children with him, divorce him, and expect him to give her alimony. George smelled something fishy, and so, gave her the boot.

Lesson learned, ElI: do not blow smoke up George Clooney's butt

Last edited by MM on Mon 12 Sep 2011, 16:58; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added on to message)
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by sandwiches Mon 12 Sep 2011, 15:57

MM wrote:
Dexterdidit wrote:Good. It is the only way PETA will learn. I do wonder how they choose their spokesman it has come to light before that they have worn fur etc. PETa have a very pathetic excuse and why naked women?

I can't understand why PETA uses naked women. They should use people dressed in white cotton clothes (no animal parts) for emphasis. JMHO.

Because sex sells. If that wasn't the case then they would show people of all sizes posing naked, and not just skinny people.
sandwiches
sandwiches
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Natascha Mon 12 Sep 2011, 16:08

But there are better ways to tell people that they shouldn't wear any fur:
In our local zoo they have those cute little Geoffrey's cats, they look like small domestic cats and are really, really cute.
On their enclosure, there is an board explaning what kind of species they are and under this boars there is a little sign on which it says:
"Did you know that the fur of 25 cats is needed for an average coat?"
You should see people's reaction to that!!!!! I don't think that anybody who reads this will ever wear any fur coat again!

Natascha

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 12 Sep 2011, 16:11

As far as I'm concerned I think they should ban all stores that sell fur. There's a Flemington Fur store here in NJ and I would love to see them go out of business. Oh, please God!!!
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 12 Sep 2011, 21:39

Are we going to be nice for a minute and sing Happy Birthday to Eli today? Oh, okay, that's what I thought!!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 12 Sep 2011, 21:41

Today's her birthday? She's 33? Definitely over the hill for G.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Mon 12 Sep 2011, 22:14

Wonder if he sent her flowers, a card, text?? Wonder if he remembered? Aw, who cares?
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Tue 13 Sep 2011, 01:47

Eli isn't sure they are friends so she probably isn't sure if he sent her a card or anything either LOL
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 13 Sep 2011, 03:05

HeVal tweeted her Happy Birthday! So sweet!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Tue 13 Sep 2011, 06:46

I wonder if he will go to her PETA unveiling tomorrow? It's on Rodeo Drive at 12 so if anyone is in the area have a look. Don't forget she will be the one on the billboard not wearing any clothes. I hope she improves her tank and jeans look she wore for Extra!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Tue 13 Sep 2011, 08:26

Elisabetta Canalis: 'Extra' Segment at The Grove!

Elisabetta Canalis steps out on Friday (September 9) to film an appearance for Extra at The Grove in Los Angeles.

The upcoming Dancing with the Stars contestant celebrates her 33rd birthday on Monday (September 12) - happy birthday, Elisabetta!!

You can catch Elisabetta on DWTS when the new season premieres next Monday (September 19) at 8/7c on ABC. She’ll go up against David Arquette, Chaz Bono, Rob Kardashian, Kristin Cavallari, Nancy Grace, and more!

15+ pictures inside of Elisabetta Canalis filming an Extra segment at The Grove…

Link to JJ write up and photos

These were taken on Friday and they only now have gone online. Her dancing rehearsal shots were going online within 24 hours. Demand for Betty must only be when she is wearing something skintight and/or revealing. Naked PETA billboard will improve that for her tomorrow.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Tue 13 Sep 2011, 10:14

PETA press release - betty's billboards will be going up in Milan as well!

Elisabetta Canalis Unveils Naked Anti-Fur Ad on Rodeo Drive

Shoppers Get an Eyeful as Italian Model Kicks Off PETA's Fall Campaign

For Immediate Release: September 12, 2011

Beverly Hills, Calif. -- Shoppers on Rodeo Drive this week will get an eyeful as top Italian TV host and actor Elisabetta Canalis previews her "I'd Rather Go Naked Than Wear Fur" fall campaign for PETA. Canalis—the first Italian to pose in the iconic campaign—has teamed with PETA to make a splash with ads and billboards this winter in the fashion capital of Milan, where many designers continue to use real fur.

Where: Rodeo Drive and Brighton Way, Beverly Hills

When: Tuesday, September 13, 12 noon

"Don't buy fur," says Canalis, who will be seen this fall on TV's Dancing With the Stars. "Even a little trim—your gloves or your bag or your jackets …. You must remember that animals don't have a voice; you must be their voice. Never be afraid to speak up."

Canalis joins a growing list of celebrities—including Charlize Theron, Pamela Anderson, Taraji P. Henson, Bethenny Frankel, Eva Mendes, and Lea Michele—who have starred in PETA's anti-fur ad campaigns.

For more information, please visit PETA.org
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Tue 13 Sep 2011, 12:18

She looked very happy in the extra pics, in the end she got what she wanted LA!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Tue 13 Sep 2011, 14:33

Thanks for posting that 9/11 prayer, watching...I'd never seen that one before. It's really beautiful.

I think Betty is doing great, post George. She's doing well learning the language, which isn't easy and she's taking the high road as far as I can see with the break up and not whining in public about his moving on with someone else or trying to make it seem like she's the wronged party. She started out a bit shakey with the innuendo and press releases at first but I think now that she's focussed on something creative and challenging, she's moved on and is letting bygones be bygones.
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 13 Sep 2011, 15:41

Doesn't PETA realize that animals are killed just as brutally for their skin as well as their fur?
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Tue 13 Sep 2011, 16:50

Perhaps, the only reason they concentrate on fur is that they can't personally afford to buy same.
Maybe the next campaign will be shoes, and they can stone all those makers of ultra expensive shoes.
Then come the purses that cost metabucks.
Wonder if they'll ever get into the foodchain category.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 13 Sep 2011, 19:05

From LAist

No Fur, No Clothes: Elisabetta Canalis Goes Buck Naked for PETA Ad

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Looks like Italian model Elisabetta Canalis has had plenty to do since her break-up with George Clooney earlier this year. The leggy brunette is the new face (and mostly, body) of PETA, and she's unveiling her naked anti-fur billboard on Rodeo Drive today at noon.

With this campaign, Canalis joins a long list of bare-bottomed celebs who have stood up to fight wearing the fuzzy skins of animals. Charlize Theron, Pamela Anderson and Eva Mendes -- to name a few -- have also doffed their duds in the name of animal rights.

"Don't buy fur," Canalis said in a statement released by PETA. "Even a little trim [on] your gloves or your bag or your jackets."

Her comment, and the strategically placed billboard, are clearly targeting those most likely to buy fur -- you know, people who can afford it. No doubt every other store in Beverly Hills will be shilling purses and outerwear for fall that's smartly trimmed with the soft stuff.

As for PETA, the organization has a now well-known affinity for using naked women to call attention to their cause. We're a little worried that a huge billboard of a hot Italian model in the buff will pose a danger to drivers, but maybe naked supermodels are old news to those tooling down Rodeo Drive. Here's hoping.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Tue 13 Sep 2011, 19:40

She looks really good it that photo, I didn't care for her much while she was the GF of, now there's a change in how I feel about her, not sure what it is, it's kinda like rooting for the underdog. Time will tell , earning her way instead of GF of might be why.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 13 Sep 2011, 19:43

She's a go-getter that's for sure. My impression of her improved too because now she's working for her goal.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Tue 13 Sep 2011, 21:13

Yes, she has always tried to use her connections to get where she wanted. I just think this ad and DWTS were a done deal while she was still with G.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 13 Sep 2011, 21:23

Yes, I agree - a done deal while still with G. But what impresses me now is how she "working" for her success. Look at how much weight she's lost. I'm sure these contestants work their butts off to gain access to number one, two or three. I hated her attitude when she was with G but give her some credit now. IMO
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Tue 13 Sep 2011, 21:37

Cindy, I have always been accused of defending Elizabeth I, but since he is famous in Italy (13 years) I've always known as that has always worked hard for his goals. George seemed to have given her insecurity and the whole world thought it was arrogance. It was never arrogant but a simple girl who has never been afraid to talk about her expectations and also of her the limits.
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Tue 13 Sep 2011, 22:02

cindigirl wrote:Yes, I agree - a done deal while still with G. But what impresses me now is how she "working" for her success. Look at how much weight she's lost. I'm sure these contestants work their butts off to gain access to number one, two or three. I hated her attitude when she was with G but give her some credit now. IMO

She did say a couple of times that DWTS had contacted her a year ago but that she had chosen SanRemo instead, therefore she was still the GF of George at that time. She contacted DWTS after the split when she returnedto the US, so it was all done before the split including the PETA ad. In the LIFE & STYLE weekly magazine of today there is an article (last page) by Wendy Williams. Under a large pic of George and Eli when they were first seen together at the Venice Film Festival of 2009 she says:

"Just because you dated George Clooney doesn't mean you are a star. So here's Elisabetta Canalis on DWTS. Something about this woman rubs me the wrong way. I feel she deceived George in her intentions: She didn't just want to be armcandy, she wanted to be a star! George doesn't want to date a woman who wants to be a star; he wants to show a woman a charming life. So Elisabetta will NOT be the reason I'll watch DWTS. I'll be watching for Chaz Bono and David Arquette!."
socimar
socimar
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Tue 13 Sep 2011, 22:35

lelacorb wrote:Cindy, I have always been accused of defending Elizabeth I, but since he is famous in Italy (13 years) I've always known as that has always worked hard for his goals. George seemed to have given her insecurity and the whole world thought it was arrogance. It was never arrogant but a simple girl who has never been afraid to talk about her expectations and also of her the limits.

Lelacorb,
In Italy we say “il lupo perde il pelo ma non il vizio” (wolves shed hair but not their instincts) meaning that whatever she is doing now, DWTS, studying English, PETA , it’s all PR. She was coached to be “sweeter” and discard her old attitude if she wants to make it in Hollyood but that wont’t last very long, probably until she has reached some of her goals.
Elisabetta was mainly criticized in Italy. She was not known in the US so nobody had anything good or bad to say about her (except for this site because we were following George and we got to know her). She has ALWAYS wanted to be on the front page of everything that’s why she was only dating famous soccer players (Vieri, Reginaldo, Drogda, etc.) and did some horrible soft porn movies (see Virgin Territory) and naked calendars. She will continue to do that she has always done, show her naked body to attain her goals….but this time it is not in a naked calendar but for a good cause like to safeguard little animals ……while wearing UGG boots which are made of reversed skin/fur from her little friends. I do not believe a word she says but she has a nice smile and I can see how some people might change their view of her…it has already happed in this site. Not me. I am a born Italian, I know my people. My friends in Italy are rejoicing at the thought she may become popular here so she won’t go back there…but I have my doubts.
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Tue 13 Sep 2011, 22:50

I believe this is the PETA poster event to today. It was very hot in LA and Elisabetta seemed to be wrapped like a mummy in that dress. She must have been uncomfortable.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It's Here! Elisabetta Canalis' Naked PETA Ad ..

..Posted 8 hours ago

Temperatures in Los Angeles were normal this afternoon, but on Rodeo Drive, it was positively steamy as Elisabetta Canalis unveiled her "I'd Rather Go Naked Than Wear Fur" ad to an enthusiastic crowd, getting the fall shopping season off to an animal-friendly start.

Elisabetta explained why she wanted to go nude to protest fur, saying, "That is what is required to keep people's attention on such a brutal practice. … These poor animals are electrocuted, skinned alive, drowned, and bludgeoned just for the sake of fashion."

The Italian model and actor wants her furry home country to go faux, too, so PETA is placing billboards and posters of the ad throughout the fashion capital, Milan.

Want Elisabetta's bella look? Leave fur on its rightful owner.

[added by Katiedot] Her mum was there too:

Written by Michelle Sherrow

Last edited by Katiedot on Wed 14 Sep 2011, 05:56; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added text and pic)
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by maria4 Tue 13 Sep 2011, 23:01

SOCIM, you are the Venetian? I live for more than 35 years close to Milan, I also had colleagues in the Veneto, as you know you and like us, believe me (I'm from Sardinia, my three children were born and raised in the north, there have graduated and work here) is not exactly what you say, what is said to Eli, this is for anyone who does show in Italy, especially if one is targeted, all follow like sheep! Even for those not working in that world if you are not criticisms of the North are always around the corner, and back where you were born is the most common phrase!

maria4
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Tue 13 Sep 2011, 23:18

Hey Socimar

We will trade you El for Lindsay Lohan or Paris Hilton or both L0L-

lovelylois
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Wed 14 Sep 2011, 01:24

I agree with what you are saying Socimar I believe that Eli has discovered her attitude will not help her with a career in the US so at least publicly she has changed into all sweetness and light. But at times you see the old Eli resurface. I think she thought being with George would open more doors for her without her doing an work on herself. She discovered they wouldn't. Her english was bad and she needed to work on it she had two years to do this while she was with George but now post breakup she is finally working at it. I'm not sure she will get the career she wants in the US because as we have all seen she really lacks in the talent department. For the moment she is getting lots of attention for DWTS but after that will be another story! I can imagine it's a huge shock for her system having to do all the training she has to something she hasn't done before. Dating rich famous guys and stripping for a calender isn't exactly hard work and that is how she got a lot of her attention before in Italy. I predict she will hookup with someone famous again it is a much easier way to get attention for her. I also just don't see a place for her in the LA entertainment industry. Too many other pretty girls with talent vying for the same jobs!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Wed 14 Sep 2011, 01:38

Dexterdidit wrote:I agree with what you are saying Socimar I believe that Eli has discovered her attitude will not help her with a career in the US so at least publicly she has changed into all sweetness and light. But at times you see the old Eli resurface. I think she thought being with George would open more doors for her without her doing an work on herself. She discovered they wouldn't. Her english was bad and she needed to work on it she had two years to do this while she was with George but now post breakup she is finally working at it. I'm not sure she will get the career she wants in the US because as we have all seen she really lacks in the talent department. For the moment she is getting lots of attention for DWTS but after that will be another story! I can imagine it's a huge shock for her system having to do all the training she has to something she hasn't done before. Dating rich famous guys and stripping for a calender isn't exactly hard work and that is how she got a lot of her attention before in Italy. I predict she will hookup with someone famous again it is a much easier way to get attention for her. I also just don't see a place for her in the LA entertainment industry. Too many other pretty girls with talent vying for the same jobs!

I agree with you totally!
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Wed 14 Sep 2011, 01:47

Totally agree with too many american women doing anything to get into the entertainment industry. Not only can they speak english without the accent,they are younger and some actually have talents. But the change in betta is nice to see, shows that if she wants something bad enough she can make the effort. Her english is so improved, thats something that has taken time and study to accomplish. After DWTS ???? rich famous boyfriend-husband, really can't see a career in film or TV in US, who knows I'm wrong half of the time.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Wed 14 Sep 2011, 02:09

Why should I change my opinion of her? She's used people to get where she is today. Now that she's busy practicing dancing I should be excited for her? Get a real job and work hard to earn her money, than ask me.

BTW, the same with CrayCray, too.

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by premiere Wed 14 Sep 2011, 03:15

Every time I start to soften my attitude towards Betty I think of that pic where she is in a bikini (of course!) and she bends over from the waist so we get a crotch shot. I think somebody here called it "presenting". I don't care how sweet she is now or how hard she's working - she's low class.
premiere
premiere
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 14 Sep 2011, 04:02

I saw somewhere that about 20 people showed up for Eli's big reveal. Oh dear...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 14 Sep 2011, 04:56

lucy wrote:Totally agree with too many american women doing anything to get into the entertainment industry. Not only can they speak english without the accent,they are younger and some actually have talents. But the change in betta is nice to see, shows that if she wants something bad enough she can make the effort. Her english is so improved, thats something that has taken time and study to accomplish. After DWTS ???? rich famous boyfriend-husband, really can't see a career in film or TV in US, who knows I'm wrong half of the time.
Totally agree, this isn't going to get her a career. All it does is keep her in the spotlight and I honestly think that's her goal. She just wants to be a celebrity and doesn't mind what (or who) she has to do to be one.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Charley Wed 14 Sep 2011, 05:39

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure I read that she was studying languages - one of which was English - when she was "discovered" and chose to become a velina. If she was studying English when she was in her late teens or early twenties, and barely ten years later she spends two years with George, meeting his acquaintences and associates, and mixing with his friends, the vast majority of whom speak English, and she's now studying English again, excuse me if i don't applaud her because her English is getting better. It should be a hell of a lot better than it is after all the exposure she's had with English speakers.

I agree with sisieq - she's a user, not a doer. No respect earned or due as far as I'm concerned.

I also agree with premiere - I too think of the "bend-over-from-the-waist" pictures when I think of her. I also think of the bare-breasted nun. Again, no respect earned or due.
Charley
Charley
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Wed 14 Sep 2011, 05:59

Charley do you speak more than one language? I've have tried but never been fluent,in my attempt studying the language here in the US was much easier than moving to the country and making myself understood by the locals. Not that I couldn't understand what was being said if I knew the topic of conversation. Maybe for some it is easy, but it taught me a respect of anyone who tries and is successful.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Charley Wed 14 Sep 2011, 06:36

No Lucy I don't speak another language. I did learn some French and German in high school, but was not interested enough to take it any further. But I have Lebanese, Ecuadorian, Vietnamese, Indian, Croation and Greek friends and neighbours. I also had staff who were Italian, Turkish, Laotian, Peruvian, German, Malaysian. Yes some of them have thick accents. But none of these people studied English formally or for years. They all learned English when they got to this country - by listening and speaking to English speakers. And a number of these people arrived here when they were already in their thirties and forties. I've often jumped to the defence of people who can't speak perfect English even if they've been here for a number of years, because from my limited learning experience, I know how hard it is to learn another language.

Maybe I'm short of sympathy for Betty because I've read too many flip flops from her and I equate this "I'm learning English" as of the same vein. She hasn't just started to learn English, which is what I think she wants DWTS viewers to think. As per the flip flops, she says what she thinks will paint her in the best light at that precise time, not what she actually knows or believes.
Charley
Charley
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Wed 14 Sep 2011, 07:51

I think it's part of her new PR push. Showing how hard she working training by day for DWTS learning english of a night. Great PR why she couldn't study english the 2 years she was with George is the question for me. I think she thought she could do without it but clearly someone told her she would get no work unless she could speak english well enough to be understood and to make reporters comfortable talking to her as well. I agree with you Katie, Eli will do whatever she can to stay in the spotlight so another famous boyfriend won't surprise me! Of course we all know that after DWTS Eli will be off to Cabos for some of her much loved butt shots to show off her body from DWTS. This has to be the longest she has gone without a holiday for awhile.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by Natascha Wed 14 Sep 2011, 08:10

If Eli has just started to study English, I wonder how she and George communicated during their relationship....

Natascha

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 14 Sep 2011, 09:34

? boh
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next