George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney looks back at his career EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney looks back at his career EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney looks back at his career EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney looks back at his career EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney looks back at his career EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney looks back at his career EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney looks back at his career EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney looks back at his career EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney looks back at his career EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney looks back at his career

4 posters

Go down

George Clooney looks back at his career Empty George Clooney looks back at his career

Post by Katiedot Sun 11 Sep 2011, 08:35

A lot of these clips we've seen before, but I like the way they've put this together:

From cinemablend

George Clooney Looks Back At His TV Career, And So Do We
Author: Jesse Carp
published: 2011-09-10

I sometimes forget that Academy Award winning actor-director George Clooney was once a television star. It seems so long ago that he was curing what ails as Dr. Doug Ross on NBC and Michael Crichton's uber-popular medical drama ER. Well before that break-out role Clooney could be seen all over the small-screen, most notably on The Facts of Life or Roseanne, and he talks a little about all of them during this chat with The Hollywood Reporter's Todd McCarthy.

Clooney is obviously best known now for his feature film roles (not to mention his intelligence, bachelorhood, and dashing good looks) with two high-profile projects making the festival rounds as I type. He directed and has a supporting role in his political (shocking) drama The Ides of March but Clooney is really generating Oscar buzz for his role in Alexander Payne's The Descendants (listen to Katey gush about that as part of her TIFF coverage). However, even the Cloon-dog (that's what I call him) doesn't forget his roots as he attributes all this success to paying his dues in television.

In fact, when McCarthy asks him if he can remember the moment when things turned for him, from actor to star, he says,

I was walking through the streets of New York half way through the first season of ER, and I'd been on a lot of TV shows so people would kind of recognize me, 'It's that guy from that thing,' And I remember walking down the streets in Manhattan and them going, 'Hey George,' and they knew your name as opposed to your character. "I remember that was a moment where I thought, 'Things have changed.'

Before Clooney was on ER, he was 'that guy from that thing' as Booker Brooks on the popular sitcom Roseanne and the best line from the entire interview happens when discussing the program and it's volatile/funny star. Clooney notes, "the first season of Roseanne was pretty fun. The first time I met her she's like, 'You're really good looking. Why don't you take me behind the stage and make me stink?'" Yeah. Watch the rest to catch some more gems like that...

I can't let Clooney take a walk down memory lane without joining in, complete with video evidence. Just watching the progression and regression of his hair styles is worth taking a brief look at each of these vids.

E/R - First off, before there was ER there was E/R, a medical dramedy starring Elliot Gould that lasted all of one season. Here's a look at George playing Ace:

The Facts of Life - After the brief stint on his first medical drama, comes his brief stint on The Facts of Life as George (inspired character naming there). The show was about a group of girls attending a boarding school and Clooney shows up near the end of the series' nine year run.

Roseanne - Next comes his appearance on Roseanne, where he showed up in 11 episodes at the beginning of the show's run. It's not surprising to hear the sexual harassment anecdote from Clooney in the THR interview since his role as Booker Brookes was essentially eye-candy for Roseanne and Jackie at work. Here's a clip.

Baby Talk - Who can forget the classic film Look Who's Talking?. I know I can't but what I can forget (or never actually recall in the first place) was the TV show based on the exact same premise called Baby Talk, featuring Tony Danza in the Bruce Willis baby-voicing role. Clooney appears in five episodes of the one-season series as Joe. Oh, the show also featured Scott Baio... how did this not last for years?

Bodies of Evidence - Now we're getting serious. George then tried his hand at police procedurals with the hard-hitting Bodies of Evidence, a show that lasted all of 16 episodes with the actor playing Detective Ryan Walker. Here's how Det. Walker handles the interrogation room.

Sisters - Almost there. Right in the middle of the show's run, Clooney appears as Detective James Falconer in Sisters. Apparently, while at college Cat Reed is the victim of a sexual assault, which Det. Falconer must investigate, but, little does he know that he'll soon fall in love with the victim's sister Teddy only to be killed off one season later. A pretty epic 19-episode run if you ask me (enjoy the Hebrew subtitles).

ER - Now the role that changed everything. Dr. Doug Ross performed five seasons of medicine for ER, a smash hit medical drama on NBC. As Clooney notes in the interview, this series was getting 3 times the viewership of American Idol, which is pretty significant, especially when you take into account its 10 o'clock time-slot. The show had been a revolving door for actors, launching many careers but none as high-profile as Clooney's. Here you can see his (and Julianne Margolis') much anticipated return for the shows 15th and final season.

Once thing is for sure, no one can say that the now huge star didn't pay his dues. George Clooney can next be seen in Ides of March (which he also directed) on October 14 and then The Descendants on November 18th.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney looks back at his career Empty Re: George Clooney looks back at his career

Post by lucy Sun 11 Sep 2011, 13:16

I use to watch Roseanne, and Sisters, but barely remember George, never expected to be a fan following his career etc. over the internet somewhere in my future. That DR. Ross character really changed his life, it changed mine that's when I began to take notice of who that guy, oh ya, George Clooney, wow what a handsome devil and not a bad actor!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

George Clooney looks back at his career Empty Re: George Clooney looks back at his career

Post by it's me Sun 11 Sep 2011, 13:22

you are really nice Lucy Give Flowers2
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 11 Sep 2011, 18:55

Thanks Katie! Wonderful memories...
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down