George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George in Norwegian bank ad - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George in Norwegian bank ad - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George in Norwegian bank ad - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George in Norwegian bank ad - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George in Norwegian bank ad - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George in Norwegian bank ad - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George in Norwegian bank ad - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George in Norwegian bank ad - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George in Norwegian bank ad - Page 2 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George in Norwegian bank ad

+39
silly girl
Clooneygirl
Best in Category
Maggy
playfuldeb
Vi
Astras
Joanna
Michelle meyers
zizi
Atalante
Wolfgang Gunnerson
Charley
Dexterdidit
sandwiches
Cinderella
LornaDoone
amuserato
lelacorb
bunny
Pari
bellybaby
pattygirl
sisieq
cindigirl
MyGirlKylie
blubelle
fluffy
lucy
it's me
watching
laetval
janieb
Katiedot
melbert
lolo"layla"
sarah ali
hathaross
43 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

George in Norwegian bank ad - Page 2 Empty Re: George in Norwegian bank ad

Post by Guest Tue 20 Sep 2011, 21:11

Pattygirl, I found a couple of norwegian articles that said it had been shot in Milano, and the article on top of this thread said, Clooney took a break from his summer vacation to do the ad. So, most likely, this summer in Italy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Sep 2011, 23:14

Yes, that's what I thought. He had very short hair while acting in Gravity.

Back to top Go down

Post by bunny Tue 20 Sep 2011, 23:30

That is a great ad - the look on her face is priceless!
bunny
bunny
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 20 Sep 2011, 23:52

calypso wrote:Pattygirl, I found a couple of norwegian articles that said it had been shot in Milano, and the article on top of this thread said, Clooney took a break from his summer vacation to do the ad. So, most likely, this summer in Italy.

thanks!
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 21 Sep 2011, 06:58

So that was when he was still officially together with Betty then? Can we now for once and for all let go of the idea that every tiny little thing George does is related to his private life?

He made the advert because it paid him a lot of money and it makes fun of his batchelor image which he's had for years.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 21 Sep 2011, 16:53

spot on the banks of Norway was shot in Milan before Ely and George leave.

article on bank spot
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 21 Sep 2011, 17:08

the ad was shot in Milan on June 8 at the Hotel Principe di Savoia, Ely and George were still together.[url=t.paperblog.com/hotel-principe-di-savoia-clooney-e-canalis-arrivano-a-milano-tenendosi-per-mano-425965/]article and photo[/url]
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 21 Sep 2011, 17:10

[url=t.paperblog.com/hotel-principe-di-savoia-clooney-e-canalis-arrivano-a-milano-tenendosi-per-mano-425965/]article and photo[/url]
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 21 Sep 2011, 17:12

I can not understand why the connection does not work !!!!!http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-F9sI6ABQyJw/TfEV4GtarBI/AAAAAAAAMz4/0cCeiP0gF-U/s1600/George%252BElisabetta%252Bstay%252Bclose%252BSPg_Q8zlINEl.jpg
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 21 Sep 2011, 17:13

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by amuserato Wed 21 Sep 2011, 20:02

I thought the whole commercial absolutely priceless! Great concept, great execution!
(bet it is worth every penny the Norwegian bank in question invested for the buzz alone)
Certainly shows Clooney's great sense of humor.

Brilliant.

(Certainly more brilliant than the surface shows: In one of the photos on the desk in the ad, Clooney is shown in a horse head mask, surely meant to recall the character, Bottom, a nobody, who is given the head of an a$$ in Shakespeare's Midsummer Night's Dream and the star, the beauteous fairy queen, Titania, magically made to fall in love with him despite his appearance.

irony on irony on irony...

Props to the ad company who developed this one!)
amuserato
amuserato
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 22 Sep 2011, 04:22

I LMAO as he went to kiss her. He started to do the whole grab-her-by-both-sides-of-the-face-bends-his-knees-then-tilts-his-head bit!

Wonder if they did more than one version? A kiss and a no kiss version.

Anyway, loved the look on the gals face.

And I did notice that in the picture she picks up off the table the "groom" is wearing the head of an ass! Brahahahaha!

I didn't get the Shakespearean take on it. I just thought "Horse's ass - priceless!"
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 22 Sep 2011, 16:24

I'm happy they took the no kiss version....
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 29 Sep 2011, 12:08

Here's a cute re-imagining of how the advert came about:

From castanet

by Contributed

Sep 28, 2011

“Okay, if everyone could pay attention to the monitor over here we’ll present the firm’s all-new promotional campaign for this coming year. The first piece is...

“Hold on Fjelstad, let me just stop you there. I was at this fundraiser the other night with George Clooney.”

“Yes, Mr. Bjerke?”

“It was amazing, simply amazing. There was an orchestra, lots of wine, we ate truffles and these little bacon things inside square eggs with mango or liverwurst or pine nuts or something......anyway. George Clooney was there. And let me tell you all. He is a truly wonderful man - handsome, funny, rugged...and believe it or not, he actually smells like warm cinnamon.......”

“I’m not following Mr. Bjerke.”

“The point is I want us to do an ad with George Clooney.”

“But sir, the campaign is already completed and ...”

“I don’t give a hestkuk for the spots you’ve already done. Is George Clooney in any of them?”

“No.”

“Exactly, so re-tool the entire campaign. Everything. Clooney is IT. You get that people? This guy is where it’s at with...uh, kids today and hip people and women and youth....he’s IT!.

“Sir, I don’t really see...”

“Listen Fjelstad I was there, okay? The man is absolute catnip to the ladies, if you know what I mean. In fact, that should be in the ad – that the ladies love him, eh?”

“Sir...?”

“And make the ads eye catching. So use an exotic locale.”

“Sir, we’re a Norwegian bank....”

“And don’t forget. George mentioned that he really loves shooting in Italy. So let’s make that happen too, okay?”

“But sir, our ad budget simply can’t handle a performer of Mr. Clooney’s......stature.”

“We’ve got two trillion bucks lying around this dump - you make it work, forsta? I’m not going to have Clooney thinking I’m some sort of spineless logner CEO who can’t get things done, now get busy din jævla drittkuk! ”

“Right away sir.”

And there you have it. The only possible circumstance I could ever imagine that would lead to a Norwegian bank hiring George Clooney to star in an ad for them. I’ll admit I don’t know anything about how it actually came to pass but at least the idea of the DnB NOR bank CEO having a man-crush on Clooney is plausible. I mean why else would Rune Bjerke (Herr CEO) sign off on something like this?

Photo: ContributedThe ad is laughable. It opens on a completely dishevelled woman who wakes from an obviously alcohol-induced slumber. Clearly, the party the night before was a humdinger. She looks around the fancy hotel room in confusion before realizing she has a massive (and ridiculously cheesy) wedding ring on her hand. As she crawls to her feet she discovers a wedding dress – her wedding dress – on the floor in a pile. Her expression never changes from abject shock, even as she examines some discarded Polaroids lying around. Unfortunately, even these are no help in determining the identity of her new spouse, as one shot shows his head being replaced with a horse’s (and no, I don’t entirely get this one but perhaps it’s some sort of Norwegian humor). Anyway, we finally get the big reveal as George Clooney enters the room, excitedly explaining that he wanted to let her sleep as he goes on to play the role of beloved wedding surprise. The whole spot is kind of bizarre (to say the least) but the tie in to the bank is quite simply ludicrous. The voice over explains that while some people are lucky in life and don’t need to worry about things like finances or the future (eg. the drunk trollop who somehow landed Clooney) the rest of us will need to trust the steady hand of experience and caution provided by none other than DnB NOR bank. Well isn’t that special?

Look, they’re a successful company and they can spend their trillions on whatever stupid idea they want but an ad like this? Really? This is what their focus groups came up with? We are seeing banks (and countries) going belly up globally while investor confidence as a whole ranks somewhere between PANIC! and JUMP! while these rakfisk-eating tilbakeståendes are funnelling a few million Krones George’s way so they can rub shoulders with him? How can their corporate judgement not be considered impaired? Honestly, if you ever needed a reason to sell a company short this is it.

At the end of the day, if it really is the case that the CEO is pining for some alone-time with George that’s something he should pony up for personally – not his firm. But if DnB NOR bank truly believes that George Clooney is the answer to increased quarterly profits then they are certainly within their rights to do whatever it takes to land him. Besides, they can always explain the whole idea to their shareholders at the next annual general meeting. And maybe George might even agree to attend. I’ve heard he’s actually a pretty nice guy. And who doesn’t love the smell of warm cinnamon?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Thu 29 Sep 2011, 13:50

the drunk trollop who somehow landed Clooney

That part had me literally LOL'ing. Laughing
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Thu 29 Sep 2011, 13:51

I thought that spoof was funny!
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Thu 29 Sep 2011, 13:53

oh and I thought the part about the pic of her with him wearing a horse's head was meant to signify that he was a 'stallion', right? Not that he is a horse's ass. LOL
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 30 Sep 2011, 13:18

a 'stallion' ?

Not worthy

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Fri 30 Sep 2011, 13:52

We're all pretty sure he isn't a "Stallion", maybe a "Gelding", just a strong but much less potent.
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Fri 30 Sep 2011, 13:59

pattygirl wrote:We're all pretty sure he isn't a "Stallion", maybe a "Gelding", just a strong but much less potent.

OK patty, what are we talking about here? Well, G may have been 'snipped' but IMO he's just as potent. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Fri 30 Sep 2011, 14:05

Can't be just as potent if snipped, honey. Not if done right, at least. If he were a "stallion" they'd be an owful lot of colts and fillies prancing around with the way he spreads his junk around. That what I'm talking about.
His true potency is his very essence, his personality, his charm, his carisma. That's a horse of a different color. You can get "hurt" by it but you can't get pregnant from it.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Fri 30 Sep 2011, 14:13

That's what I'm talkin' about patty. Horse of a different color is a nice reference to the topic.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Fri 30 Sep 2011, 14:16

Thought you'd like it.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Fri 30 Sep 2011, 15:18

I know they mean the comparison in terms of virility but As a horse owner, I've never understood calling a man a stallion. I certainly don't want a stallion. It's over before it ever really starts, if you know what I mean. There would be a lot of disappointed women if the guys were truly like stallions. Wink
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Fri 30 Sep 2011, 15:21

pattygirl wrote:Can't be just as potent if snipped, honey. Not if done right, at least. If he were a "stallion" they'd be an owful lot of colts and fillies prancing around with the way he spreads his junk around. That what I'm talking about.
His true potency is his very essence, his personality, his charm, his carisma. That's a horse of a different color. You can get "hurt" by it but you can't get pregnant from it.

I've GOT to stop skimming over posts so quickly. I just saw the part about his junk then you can get hurt by it. I had to go back and see what you were talking about. I thought this conversation was about to get really good or really bad, depending on which way you look at it.
lol!
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Fri 30 Sep 2011, 15:42

By his spreading his junk around I think patty's referring to his sperm, especially if you have expectations of said sperm producing a baby and he's shooting "blanks." LOL
Sad
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by sandwiches Fri 30 Sep 2011, 16:17

MyGirlKylie wrote:
pattygirl wrote:Can't be just as potent if snipped, honey. Not if done right, at least. If he were a "stallion" they'd be an owful lot of colts and fillies prancing around with the way he spreads his junk around. That what I'm talking about.

I've GOT to stop skimming over posts so quickly. I just saw the part about his junk then you can get hurt by it. I had to go back and see what you were talking about. I thought this conversation was about to get really good or really bad, depending on which way you look at it.
lol!

I read the exact same thing! Laughing
sandwiches
sandwiches
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Fri 30 Sep 2011, 16:27

Lol, I figured it out Cindi, once I actually read the whole thing. At first glance my mind & apparently Sandwiches' too went straight to gutter. Shocking, I know. Wink

And Team Shooting Blanks for the win, IMO.

Last edited by MyGirlKylie on Fri 30 Sep 2011, 16:29; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Fri 30 Sep 2011, 18:15

Gee, I didn't mean to confuse you little devils. Noone's gonna get hurt by his junk, we all agree on that, right? But by his very essence is the horse of a different color. He can wrap you in a bubble of his carisma, charm and gentle caring, and then when you get that feeling that you are the one, the one he's gonna marry and "make babies" with, then, BANG - the bubble breaks and you go kerplop and you're back where you started from and that HURTS.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 30 Sep 2011, 18:24

Yep, "kerplop" always hurts.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Fri 30 Sep 2011, 18:36

Katiedot wrote:Yep, "kerplop" always hurts.

I'm going to play nice (for once) and not even touch that one. geek
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Fri 30 Sep 2011, 18:38

Why start now? I can take it.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Fri 30 Sep 2011, 18:51

Gotta keep people on their toes. Throw in a little nice to keep them confused.

I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.
-Jessica Rabbit
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 30 Sep 2011, 22:00

kerplop

ok
then chips time
(io non sono del team nutella...)
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sat 01 Oct 2011, 01:45

LOL You gals just crack me up! George would learn so much about his fans if he read here.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 01 Oct 2011, 05:19

Yet another reason why he shouldn't read here, Dex!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Charley Sat 01 Oct 2011, 05:29

Oh for pities sakes pattygirl - kerplop USED TO be one of my favourties words. Now I'll never be able to use it again, 'cause I'll just start LOL so much and I won't be able to explain to others just WHAT I'm laughing at!
Charley
Charley
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Tue 04 Oct 2011, 08:46

laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Tue 04 Oct 2011, 15:22

I'm beginning to love this ad more and more! Now she's comfortable with it but her friend is in shock! lol!
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 04 Oct 2011, 15:32

LOL funny! Razz

there is also a part three? Cool
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 04 Oct 2011, 15:35

They're getting a lof of mileage out of this ad. Bet they never expected it.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 04 Oct 2011, 15:36

George is George...
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfgang Gunnerson Tue 04 Oct 2011, 15:39

part 3???
Yes after Wedding & more Love7 & endless in bed
She mentions wanting a baby.

And the honeymoon's over... for him.

Annulment? Gotta dash

Wolfgang Gunnerson
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 04 Oct 2011, 17:42

ma nooooooooo!!!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Tue 04 Oct 2011, 17:49

First one was funny but the second is just... Rolling Eyes scratch
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 04 Oct 2011, 17:59

great !

btw the second actress was amazing
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Tue 04 Oct 2011, 21:36

laetval wrote:

This remindes me of the serial coffee commercial in America a few years ago. I'm sure there might be more since she said, I'll call you when we're there. But, maybe no more George on screen??

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 04 Oct 2011, 21:56

well....
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Tue 04 Oct 2011, 22:19