George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George to attend Telluride Film Fest? - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George to attend Telluride Film Fest? - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George to attend Telluride Film Fest? - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George to attend Telluride Film Fest? - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George to attend Telluride Film Fest? - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George to attend Telluride Film Fest? - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George to attend Telluride Film Fest? - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George to attend Telluride Film Fest? - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George to attend Telluride Film Fest? - Page 2 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George to attend Telluride Film Fest?

+22
Lighterside
Merlin
sarah ali
Charley
lucy
Dior
melbert
watching
hathaross
MyGirlKylie
Dexterdidit
lelacorb
LornaDoone
blubelle
Casey
cindigirl
laetval
sandwiches
sisieq
pattygirl
it's me
Katiedot
26 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

George to attend Telluride Film Fest? - Page 2 Empty Re: George to attend Telluride Film Fest?

Post by Guest Sat 03 Sep 2011, 18:45

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here, CindiGirl... He is Georgeous! Thank you for sharing!

Back to top Go down

George to attend Telluride Film Fest? - Page 2 Empty Re: George to attend Telluride Film Fest?

Post by hathaross Sat 03 Sep 2011, 19:03

He looks too cute I love you
hathaross
hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Sat 03 Sep 2011, 19:39

cindigirl wrote:laetval posted a Terruride photo of George in another forum today at 3:19 am that absolutely disintegrated my heart. I saved it in my "pictures". I wish laetval could post it here and I wish I could post it from my pictures.

No man should be allowed to be as good looking as him. LOL

Cindi, this pic is already posted here. See my earlier post at 10:33 am.

And don't worry about the pics in general, I post the same pics in both forums. Wink
laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Sat 03 Sep 2011, 19:47

laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Sat 03 Sep 2011, 20:23

Oh thanks again, Laetval, that was simply great. George is so gracious, not hogging the mike, letting Shanley(?) have the first chance, when another would have pushed ahead and spouted off.
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Sat 03 Sep 2011, 20:36

Thanks you so much for post this vid Very Happy
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Sat 03 Sep 2011, 20:55

From facebook

laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Sat 03 Sep 2011, 21:10

Pics of the Q&A : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

To see the pics bigger : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by laetval on Sat 03 Sep 2011, 21:13; edited 1 time in total
laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 03 Sep 2011, 21:12

yummy

but the flick (?) one
is better
IMO Smile
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Sep 2011, 22:06

He's hot! Woo hooo! And he's a fan of the fans, too! Hug1

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sat 03 Sep 2011, 22:19

Great vid, can't wait to see this film, I haven't read the book yet want to wait and see the film first, to many times I end up disappointed when I read book first. Lived in Hawaii for a couple of years, so I'am liking the way they talked about the how and why's of some of their decisions.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Sat 03 Sep 2011, 22:52

Great video. Thanks for sharing.
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Sep 2011, 22:59

thanks Laetval!

ps: he seems to be dressing to the left, am I correct? where's our ultimate package watcher aka Melbert?

Back to top Go down

Post by Charley Sun 04 Sep 2011, 00:47

Go check the thread - the answer is there!
Charley
Charley
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Sep 2011, 01:03

Charley, he usually dresses to the right ( we all agree with Melbert), but in this interview he seemed to be dressing to the left, Smile lol

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Sun 04 Sep 2011, 01:07

Who cares which side, as long as it's there in all its glory. Wouldn't want it to be less than it's best.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sun 04 Sep 2011, 01:50

Nice to see he is changing things up he is very thoughtful that way! George is looking great and seems happy and relaxed much more like the old George!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Sep 2011, 02:11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Sep 2011, 02:15

Back to top Go down

Post by sarah ali Sun 04 Sep 2011, 02:22

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

he looks really good in tihs pic , i love the way he dresses there!
sarah ali
sarah ali
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Sep 2011, 02:28

Telluride Diary Day 2 – Into the Mountains
By Sasha Stone

LINK

The sun dipped in and out of the sometimes scattered, sometimes dense cloud cover. There wasn’t a place you could stand that didn’t shimmer with natural beauty. This was a place for winners. Once George Clooney showed up, the faces all turned in his direction. Journalists migrated near, shaking his hand, asking him questions. Clooney didn’t get but five feet from the last step into the brunch area before being swarmed. He never really moved beyond that one spot because it wasn’t going to be his job to walk and mingle. He only had to stand there and let others come to him.

It’s one thing to know George Clooney the movie star, as we all do, his charm almost always his leading characteristic. It’s a whole other thing to stand a few feet away from him and actually feel his force field. Any cynicism or desire to be above it all evaporates. One hates to be a fan or a lesser monkey gazing lovingly at the beautiful monkey but there is a reason Clooney is where he is. And that reason can be felt – it is made of solids.

I snapped a few photos of Clooney anyway, even though in my sad little imaginary world I was pretending not to care that it was indeed a star of this magnitude standing so close. What does it matter what I think. What does it matter what anyone thinks. This is how it all goes down. Clooney, though, despite his own palpable force field, was amiable and giving of his time and self — golden-skinned, with even features and a mouth that makes you want to disappear into his pretty monkey orbit — he worked the grounds, Gatsby-esque but approachable. The journalists who spoke with him couldn’t stop smiling. Am I overstating this? Probably. But only a little.

You never want to stand around too long at these things. By the time the crew finds time to relax, sit back and have a bite it’s usually time to leave. Clooney was still there. Tilda Swinton, who arrived late but flitted about, was still there. Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu was still there. Glenn Close with Rodrigo Garcia was still there. But one can’t really fill the time much beyond taking a few pictures and talking to a few people. We decided to hot foot it out there and try to make the press briefing at the Sheridan.

On the way down Jeff Wells was looking thoughtfully out the window. The hum of the bus, the murmur of its passengers, took the place of conversation. But finally Jeff turned to me and said, “you know, people like to say that everyone has it basically good in life but it really isn’t true. Life is for the privileged. Only a few get to enjoy the spoils.”

Last edited by Katiedot on Sun 04 Sep 2011, 05:59; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added some of the text)

Back to top Go down

Post by sarah ali Sun 04 Sep 2011, 02:42

grt pics , he looks amazing Wink
sarah ali
sarah ali
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Sun 04 Sep 2011, 08:23

At Telluride Screenings, the Awards Race Begins
By A.O. SCOTT

Telluride is a friendly, informal, remote place where movie stars shed some of their glamor and mingle with the friendly crowds. George Clooney strolled into the patron’s brunch on Friday — an al fresco, invitation-only event held on the first morning of the film festival at a mountainside ranch with stunning views — and suddenly everyone seemed to be plotting a route to the beverage tent that would allow for an accidental elbow-brush and an impromptu chat. Eventually Mr. Clooney found his way to a table, and later to a semi-secret screening of “The Descendants,” Alexander Payne’s new film, his first feature since “Sideways” in 2004.

At a post-screening Q. and A., director and star engaged in a genial tournament of self-deprecation. “I pay myself very few compliments as a filmmaker,” Mr. Payne said. “But one thing I think I’m good at is casting.” Mr. Clooney, for his part, insisted that his own performance owed everything to Mr. Payne’s writing and direction. When asked how he managed to cry in a particularly emotional scene, he said he recalled how Mr. Payne had turned him down for a part in “Sideways” “and the tears just flowed.”

Joining Mr. Payne and Mr. Clooney on stage was Shailene Woodley, the 19-year-old actress (familiar to fans of “The Secret Life of the American Teenager” on ABC) who plays Mr. Clooney’s older daughter in “The Descendants.” At the very least, her performance confirms Mr. Payne’s self-paid compliment, since it one of the most insightful and unaffected depictions of a real American teenager in recent memory.

Mr. Clooney, playing the scion of a Hawaiian land-owning family beset by trouble both tragic and farcical (though it is not always easy to tell which is which), undergoes an effective deglamorization. The actor described his character, Matt King, as a “shlub,” and while this seems a bit harsh, Matt is certainly the kind of middle-aged guy — a doughy, distracted dad — that middle-aged guys who are not George Clooney may be able to relate to.

And the movie — well, I suspect you will be hearing a lot more about it soon. It will close the New York Film Festival in October and then, if cosmic justice and the marketing department of Fox Searchlight combine forces properly, make a good run at the Oscars.

No, it is not too early to bring that up. The movie-going public may be sampling the holiday-weekend dregs of summer, or catching up on beach reading, but the news from Telluride and Venice (and Toronto next week) is that the race to the awards has begun. Which brings me to Glenn Close and “Albert Nobbs,” a lovely and surprising movie directed by Rodrigo Garcia (“Mother and Child,” “Nine Lives”).

Introducing a screening on Friday night, Ms. Close, who is a producer and writer of the film, said she had spent twenty years trying to bring the project of adapting the Irish writer George Moore’s short story to fruition. (She appeared in a stage version in 1982). Albert Nobbs, played by Ms. Close, is a woman who has spent her whole adult life passing as a man, and who works as a waiter in a turn-of-the-century Dublin hotel. It was hard to believe that the radiant blonde movie star at the microphone and the taciturn, red-haired, slightly Chaplinesque figure in the movie were the same person, but such incredulity is part of the pleasure we take in great acting.

Like Mr. Clooney in “Descendants,” Ms. Close in “Albert Nobbs” is surrounded by other exceptional actors, including Brendan Gleeson, Mia Wasikowska and especially Janet McTeer. There is more to filmmaking than casting, of course — and, like most festivals, this one venerates auteurs above all — but there is no denying that much of the primal power of movies has to do with the people we see on screen. Who sometimes, curiously, resemble the people you run into on the streets and in the screening rooms on Labor Day weekend in Telluride.
Merlin
Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 04 Sep 2011, 09:07

Cinderella wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

amazing pics
thanks Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Sun 04 Sep 2011, 09:44

A Telluride tradition is the Saturday afternoon group shot, gathering filmmakers, actors and film critics for a smiling session. Running late from this morning’s screening of “The Descendants,” Alexander Payne arrived in the nick of time, claiming a spot up front with Lynne Ramsay, who’s at the fest with “We Need To Talk About Kevin.” Surrounding the two filmmakers are a bunch of their fest friends (among those pictured left to right): Christian Jimenez (“Bonsai”), Josh Marston (“The Forgiveness of Blood”), Asgar Farhadi (“A Separation”), Penelope Ann Miller (“The Artist”), Agnieska Holland (“In Darkness”), George Clooney (“The Descendants” and Fest Honoree), Tilda Swinton (“We Need To Talk About Kevin” and Fest Honoree), Pierre Etaix (Fest Honoree), Gary Meyer (Telluride Fest Director), Tom Luddy (Telluride Fest Director) and Annette Insdorf (Telluride fest moderator).
laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sun 04 Sep 2011, 12:12

That's a great shot looks like they all had a nice time!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Sun 04 Sep 2011, 13:30

Oh great photo!! the best, man and woman lying. Most the man lol!
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 04 Sep 2011, 14:34

beautiful
different
pic

bravi!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Sep 2011, 15:02

This is such a great thing to do! Can you imagine the stress that’s involved during the scramble of getting your ideas onto film, the festivals that follow, and then the reviews? To be with others that are doing/feeling the pressures of the day is a great exercise in that each can respect the others because they know where they are, so to speak. It looks like a great stress release! I hope it was for George. They look like their laughing and having fun!

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Sun 04 Sep 2011, 15:05

laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Sep 2011, 15:09

Thanks again, Laetval! If I knew how I'd send you flowers, real ones!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 04 Sep 2011, 16:59

On the video laetval posted yesterday 2:47 with the director, G and Shayley on stage, does anyone know who the person is that G referred to as having a "photographic memory" and could remember everyone's name? I'm just curious.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Sun 04 Sep 2011, 17:02

Laetval, you really are among the greatest contributors to this forum. Like Cindy, I'd send you flowers, chocolate and wine, to say Thank You.

Cindi, the answer to question is director, Alexander Payne.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 04 Sep 2011, 17:22

Thanks patty. It didn't seem like he was talking about the director Payne with him standing right there. Couldn't make out the name G mentioned just before his statement.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Sun 04 Sep 2011, 18:19

Meanwhile, as usual this week, today was a busy day for Telluride George Clooney spottings. He was the subject of a Silver Medallion tribute Saturday night at the Palm, and before that the center of attenion at Fox Searchlight’s small private dinner at Sheridan Opera House for some select press and key creative people, including director Payne, behind his new film, The Descendants. At that dinner Clooney also spoke enthusiastically to me about his other film that just debuted in Venice, The Ides of March, which he directed and co-stars in. “Sony has really gotten behind it bumping the release budget from about $9 million to $40 million. The reviews have been great, only one bad one in Variety”. He said he didn’t like the unique one-sheet poster art work originally but since everyone else told him he was wrong, he has now come around. Clooney may be the most accessible star of his magnitude I have ever run into, no entourage at all. At the post-tribute party he stayed for more than two hours. This is clearly his Telluride. The Searchlight crew told me he has gone above and beyond so far on Descendants. Searchlight’s co-topper Nancy Utley told me she feels the launch of the film “could not have gone better in Telluride. We are so excited about it,” she said.
Merlin
Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Sun 04 Sep 2011, 18:24

. Clooney may be the most accessible star of his magnitude I have ever run into, no entourage at all. At the post-tribute party he stayed for more than two hours. This is clearly his Telluride. The Searchlight crew told me he has gone above and beyond so far on Descendants. Searchlight’s co-topper Nancy Utley told me she feels the launch of the film “could not have gone better in Telluride. We are so excited about it,” she said.

Great accolades but it's not surprising, George is a consummate professional.
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Sun 04 Sep 2011, 19:14

He definitely knows how to work a room. I especially like the fact that he is completely alone and completely open to all around him. He is completely in tune with the people and his surroundings.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 04 Sep 2011, 19:22

I don't know how he does it. He must just psych himself up. In the "Nicest Celebrity" video you can how he sometimes purses his lips and at one point tried to shush the crowd.

They're not even yelling my name and I find myself getting annoyed. I think his fans should get a grip.

Last edited by cindigirl on Sun 04 Sep 2011, 20:38; edited 1 time in total
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Sun 04 Sep 2011, 19:32

Descendants star George Clooney, director-writer Alexander Payne at Telluride's Sheridan bar last night.

Click HERE to read the story

Last edited by laetval on Sun 04 Sep 2011, 20:12; edited 1 time in total
laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Sun 04 Sep 2011, 19:34

Other pics : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by laetval on Sun 04 Sep 2011, 19:53; edited 1 time in total
laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 04 Sep 2011, 19:48

laetval, thanks for pic of George and Alexander Payne at the Sheridan bar last night. IMO they both look "shit faced" drunk. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 04 Sep 2011, 20:06

what a wonderful place!

and amazing G pics
thanks!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Sep 2011, 20:49

I don't see where he looks drunk, Cindi... are you talking about the picture below? His eyes looks to white and not red around the edges... He looks happy and like he's having fun. Maybe a couple of drinks but he had to go to a tribute at 9:30 the next morning, so I don't think he was super drunk. Which picture did you see?

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 04 Sep 2011, 21:04

Hi Cindy, this is the pic. The reason I said that is because this is the EXACT expression he had when he was I guess "seeing" Lucy Wolvert in Miami when he was filming UITA in Miami a few years ago and he was drunk there.

I don't know, maybe they're just "tired." Didn't mean it as an insult.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Sun 04 Sep 2011, 21:27

One more time, THANK YOU Laetval [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Good to see a different type of Film Festival... has such a warm feeling to it all, yea George included Smile
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Sun 04 Sep 2011, 21:28

Have to agree with cindy. Have seen pics of George when he is shitfaced, and he didn't look like this. His face gets slack and sort of silly looking, and his eyes get that sleepy look, and glazed.

Neither one of them looks under the weather. They don't look especially tired, either. In fact, both look pretty satisfied to me.

IMO, George is very careful when he's on public view. He is careful when he's around journalists and photographers, especially when he's representing a project. He's not out to do damage at times like this.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 04 Sep 2011, 21:31

Maybe he got a Rocky Mountain High while he was there...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Sun 04 Sep 2011, 21:37

Don't think he'd risk that either. Needs to keep his mind sharp, as there is always someone willing to "trap" him with words.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Sun 04 Sep 2011, 21:41

Maybe, a bit of "sadness" kind of crawled into George's eyes from deep inside... Smile Or maybe, a lot of "meaningfulness" was waiting to bombard an explosion... Very Happy Haaa... But yes, that picture speaks like MonaLisa ;-) Laughing
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Sun 04 Sep 2011, 22:03

He didn't come across like this when he did The American. Somehow I always felt that he did that film so he could make others he really wanted to do. The Descendants is an acting gig like The American and he is charming everyone. I wonder what happened with TA?
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next