Log in

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Serious Side
Today at 02:10 by ladybugcngc

» Clooney's baby?
Yesterday at 16:51 by amaretti

» George to visit Yerevan April 2017 for Aurora Prize 2.12.16
Yesterday at 13:20 by party animal - not!

» December 2016 Chit Chat
Thu Dec 01 2016, 17:57 by PigPen

» November 2016 Chit Chat
Wed Nov 30 2016, 15:49 by ladybugcngc

» Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16
Tue Nov 29 2016, 21:35 by carolhathaway

» George and the stylist from Esquire UK article January 2014
Tue Nov 29 2016, 17:42 by Joanna

» Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Sun Nov 27 2016, 03:58 by ladybugcngc

» New Nespresso ad filming in Miami? 24.1.16
Sun Nov 27 2016, 02:37 by Alisonfan

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 25 2011, 20:46

I agree with hen. I havent seen anyone stating they hate any girlfriend of. We just dont like them due to behavior or past choices. The title of this thread is misleading (in my opinion), if this is the right word to use. Katie, you created this site and i like it a lot, but these past few days i havent interacted much and i can see a lot pr talk in this blog and others in regards to george' s personal life. By now we have an idea the type of women he dates and why he chooses to date them, let's not pretend we dont...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 25 2011, 20:47

I agree with hen. I havent seen anyone stating they hate any girlfriend of. We just dont like them due to behavior or past choices. The title of this thread is misleading (in my opinion), if this is the right word to use. Katie, you created this site and i like it a lot, but these past few days i havent interacted much and i can see a lot pr talk in this blog and others in regards to george' s personal life. By now we have an idea the type of women he dates and why he chooses to date them, let's not pretend we dont...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 25 2011, 20:50

Sorry for the double post, i am on the road and my nook is going bananas.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 25 2011, 20:55

Cinderella wrote: Sad - I guess I should explain my tears. It makes me sad that people see George as a sex crazed maniac. I dated before my marriage as, I’m certain, some of you did, too. If I was famous, maybe you’d think the same about me. How many “girlfriends” has George had? If all of his girlfriends are listed in the other posts, then I’m missing something. He’s 50 years old. That list doesn’t look very long to me. Just wondering… scratch

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by cindigirl on Thu Aug 25 2011, 20:55

I don't know, maybe we can all pick a woman for him to go out with. Someone in her mid 40's maybe. Someone who has an established career (whatever that would be), have grown children so there's no talk of a family. Maybe not TOO pretty, that would settle nice. Someone with no axe to grind, nothing to benefit or lose.

As it is, his current choice of mates seems to be the opposite and harbors ill will among some of his fans. As a fan I keep it simple and just wish him happiness.

cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Posts : 5313
Join date : 2010-12-06
Location : NJ, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Henway on Thu Aug 25 2011, 21:00

To Admin

I have a problem with my comments being put under a topic title I do not agree with and did not comment under.


Last edited by Henway on Thu Aug 25 2011, 21:38; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : address to who I am talking to, my statement did not make sense)

Henway
Clooney-phile

Posts : 729
Join date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 25 2011, 21:08

I understand that and agree with that. Your previous comment was clear enough.
I just expanded my 2 opinions on the same comment. Not only your comments were taken to another context that you dont agree, i believe other comments were taken here as well and i dont think they meant what the title asks. For this reason, i commented on his women. I hope i was clearer this time.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Henway on Thu Aug 25 2011, 21:14

LoiusLane sorry my comment was ment towards the Administration not you. I am a lttle pissed at this moment and removing my comments since I did not choose this topic title, sorry to all others if it makes your comments in complete.

Henway
Clooney-phile

Posts : 729
Join date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by lamby on Thu Aug 25 2011, 21:48

Let's see... there are 282 registered users...

lamby
Getting serious about George

Posts : 64
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by lamby on Thu Aug 25 2011, 21:49

Plus, at the moment, 18 guests...

lamby
Getting serious about George

Posts : 64
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by lamby on Thu Aug 25 2011, 21:55

with a total of 28 users online now...

lamby
Getting serious about George

Posts : 64
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by lamby on Thu Aug 25 2011, 21:56

which is probably usual for this time of day...

lamby
Getting serious about George

Posts : 64
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by lamby on Thu Aug 25 2011, 21:58

My point is this... (almost at 15 posts)

lamby
Getting serious about George

Posts : 64
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by lamby on Thu Aug 25 2011, 22:01

How many posters have spent endless hours commenting negatively, over and over again, about George Clooney's ex-girlfriend?

lamby
Getting serious about George

Posts : 64
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by lamby on Thu Aug 25 2011, 22:03

Answer: Not many.

lamby
Getting serious about George

Posts : 64
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Charley on Fri Aug 26 2011, 01:31

I went to bed just after my last post (it was midnight here in Oz) and now it's Friday morning. And I see that all hell's broken loose!

I agree with Henway - moving all these comments to another thread under a different heading is not right and not quite fair Katie. You asked why people bitched about Betty so much and I told you. And it seems that most people agree with me. It was you who dragged in Celine with comments kept and dragged up from FOURTEEN years ago. I've kept pics of George's girlfriends from over the years (mainly because George is in them) but to drag out other's comments from that long ago . . . ?

You find the fact that we - George's fans, people who post on this and other forums and blogs, and many others - bitch about Betty and other girlfriends, distasteful. I find it distasteful that supposed, but completely unproven liaisons of George's are given separate threads. In "Ghosts of girlfriends past" there are 29 threads, 24 started by you. NINE of the women WERE actual girlfriends, the rest? Who knows? But the rumours are given credibility here. How is that different from us having a bitch? You as the administrator of this forum are giving these rumoured liaisons a viability that they don't warrant IMHO. And in so doing, YOU are making these girls out to be "the-words-you-don't-like", not us. How is that different from us having a bitch? Actually it is different, in my opinion it's worse, because you don't know for sure if these liaisons ever happened but you're quite happy to throw open the drawbridge to any and all comments about these girls. That's hypocritical.

But what I find most distasteful of all, is the sanctimonious attitude that we shouldn't say how we feel about someone just because we don't know them. Hell's bells, we VOTE for people we don't know, putting our trust in them that they will do the best for us and our country! You don't have to know someone to have an opinion about them. And it's the way they conduct themselves in public and when they KNOW FOR SURE that they are being filmed or photographed, coupled by what we learn from interviews with them, that we base those opinions on. If our opinions of Betty are bad, it's not our fault, it's her's and no one elses!


Last edited by Charley on Fri Aug 26 2011, 01:56; edited 1 time in total

Charley
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Posts : 457
Join date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Pari on Fri Aug 26 2011, 01:52


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


Last edited by Pari on Sat Aug 27 2011, 05:44; edited 1 time in total

Pari
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1135
Join date : 2011-05-06
Location : Bangalore, India

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 26 2011, 03:09

Hello Pari,

Sorry, I got tired of reading your post... It's way long, girl... How long did that take you to type? Can you please shorten it a little next time? Give Flowers2

Thank you!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Pari on Fri Aug 26 2011, 03:29

Hi Cinderella Smile Thank you for your suggestion Smile About the time and the writing, it kind of flowed... had to control that though... IF anypart of what is there, was going to go wasted, I wouldn't have included it, for sure Smile

Cheers! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Pari
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1135
Join date : 2011-05-06
Location : Bangalore, India

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Henway on Fri Aug 26 2011, 07:24

I see once again that the title has changed to the topic of these comments. I appreciate you removing the one be for, but I still feel my comments that I removed from this posting were not to this topic.


Last edited by Henway on Fri Aug 26 2011, 07:32; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Henway
Clooney-phile

Posts : 729
Join date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Vilma on Fri Aug 26 2011, 09:07

I used to be a huge Clooney fan and read all the news about him before Sarah. I had not hated/disliked/loved/liked any of his girlfriends, I had just ignored them. But I just could not believe that George fell for Sarah. That relationship seemed (to me) to be so fake that I was annoyed. So Sarah is the reason why I lost my "passion" for George and became less of a fan. I still love George, but not that much any more. That is my reason not to like Sarah.

Vilma
Clooney virgin

Posts : 49
Join date : 2011-08-02
Location : Finland

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Vilma on Fri Aug 26 2011, 09:11

And I just want to add that I kind of miss my George passion.

Vilma
Clooney virgin

Posts : 49
Join date : 2011-08-02
Location : Finland

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Katiedot on Fri Aug 26 2011, 11:30

Ok, firstly I'm not asking anyone to change what they think about Betty or censor what they write about her here. I think you know me well enough and long enough to know that's not my style.

I understand that all of us (except lelacorb) don't like Betty and I don't need a list of reasons why everyone dislikes her.

What I'm wondering is how we get from "I don't like her" to "That gives me the right to criticise everything she does, hold her to impossible standards, exaggerate any fault I find in her behaviour or even make up bad things about her".

Betty doesn't get a fair hearing from George's fans and we seem to want to choose the worst possible interpretation of what she does in order to make her look bad. Or do you all not see that we do this?

Now moving on to the bigger issue, this isn't unique to Betty. It's something I think the fans have been doing to ALL of George's girlfriends for the past 10+ years. Those comments about Celine are still on the internet: page after page of diatribe against her. I posted the comments in response to Louis' question and to show fans' reactions to her.

It was when I came across these comments that I started wondering about our reactions to George's girlfriends and whether they were really fair or honest assessments.

Criticism doesn't bother me when someone does something bad that deserves to be criticised. And I'm sure as hell not against bitching! It's the level of unjustified criticism that I question, the way we make mountains out of molehills. This bothered me during Sarah Larson's time, it bothered me during Betty's time, it'll bother me when the next girlfriend comes along.

I don't think anyone here was raised to believe it's ok to be as rude as you want about someone and all I'm asking is whether it's possible to find a middle ground somewhere? A place where we don't automatically assume the worst of someone just because we don't like them?

Katiedot
Admin

Posts : 12369
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by watching on Fri Aug 26 2011, 13:17

I'm all for the debate and discussion but I want to comment on one comment then I will go back in my box:

A place where we don't automatically assume the worst of someone just because we don't like them?

Sorry, I don't understand this comment. If you don't like someone, you don't think highly or well of them - that's human nature. If I don't like you as a person, I will assume the worst about you - it saves time and reduces disappointment and is a form of self protection for being exploited. If I thought well of someone, I would like them or find them bearable. If I don't like you, then I want nothing to do with you and if you are in my little world (by virtue or proximity, the internet or through relationships) then I will most likely have a negative opinion of you based on previous experiences and perceptions of you.

Does the internet make it easier to express those views on someone in the public eye - hell yes. But if someone is in the public eye trying to sell me something, I have the right to form an opinion of them (as part of the selling tool of the product – be it hair care, car, coffee or a dancing program) and decide if I like or don't like them. How I was raised was that a person's worth and a measure of their character had nothing to do with their bank balance, what clothes they wore, what their occupation was or who they were banging. For me, the type of human being they are and strive to be is what is important - their morals, opinions, lifestyle, kindness, empathy - that makes me decide if I am going to respect them and think well of them. And I have a right to make that opinion, for myself, based on the information that I have available to me. Betty, for me, does not fit my expectations of being worthy of my respect, admiration or compassion (when she screws up). Do I wish her harm - no. But I have no vested interest in her welfare either.

There are days where I would honestly love to be all Pollyanna and think everyone is good and deserves the benefit of the doubt - but most people with actual real life experience realise that is foolish and you are setting yourself up for failure when that person disappoints you and lets you down. Can't speak for other's here but I know that I have been burnt by desperately wanting to believe the best about someone and see good in them even though their behaviour, attitude and way of life gave no grounds or reasoning for such belief. Some people just don't ever realise that the world is bigger than their little bubble and there are more pressing issues in the world than what they want and what they think they are entitled to. Truth of the matter is in today's society, there are many shallow, vain, selfish, entitled, manipulative, ego driven, self involved people who would kick you when you are down if it was going to give them an advantage in life and save them from actually working hard and being honest. Those people only consider what they want and need to be of importance and everything else and everyone else is white noise. And simply, those people don't deserve my time or warrant my concern and sure as hell don't get a free ride from me.


Oh, just adding - I wasn't raised to be rude to or about people but I also wasn't raised to be a pushover and accept being treating like dirt.

watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Posts : 2002
Join date : 2011-01-17
Location : A padded cell somewhere

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by hathaross on Fri Aug 26 2011, 14:03

Hi guys!! I have been on vacations... but I knew Stacy hahahaha

Many fans hate his girlfriends... There is no reason for it. We don´t know these girls. But it is true, my own experience, there are some that just by looking at them you know why they are with him. Ok, it is George Clooney, and he is who decides which girl to be, not them here.

He has a lot of girls for fun, and I think many fans were annoyed that, but he´s still another man, is famous, rich, handsome and he can have almost any woman he wants, and that's not going to change!

About the girls of he´ve been, I have liked Lisa, Elisabetta at first, then yes, but we already know the outcome.
Celine of course, but because she has been with him before he became so famous.
Sarah Larson, I didn´t like her!
Krista Allen... I don´t know what to say.
And a few other more.......

Who will be the next stable girl on the list?

hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1074
Join date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by bellybaby on Fri Aug 26 2011, 14:05

Wow....what a Betty rehash!!! GF hasn't had this much page space since she was actually dating George!
I'm with LouiseLane in that I've only been following George since Eli, but the impression I get is that no one would ever be good enough. Some of you say that he should date someone older, less pretty, etc. but then I'm pretty sure that we would bash her for not being pretty enough, etc. We all say we want George to just be happy, but we're never happy with his choices - even if that choice seems to make him happy (please don't respond with "But he never looked happy with her.....").
IMO, it comes down to the fact that we'd all like to be in GF's place. George is not perfect. None of his GFs will be perfect. BUT - once they start dating a celebrity, and are in the public eye, honey, they're fair game. That's the way it is, like it or not.
For me, it was the attitude Eli gave off. She reminds me of the Kardashians - I'm sure these girls are very nice, I admire their sense of cashing in on the moment - but it really pisses me off that they have tons of opportunity based on nothing - they didn't work for it, they didn't earn it (well, ok, maybe Kim did after she "did" rapper boy), and now they think they're owed something. Eli got alot of opportunities that she didn't earn, and had this amazing "I'm a star" attitude. That's what makes me dislike her.
Hey, I wanted to have lunch with her poisson davril (we'd have Seabass!!)

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 839
Join date : 2011-01-28

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by cindigirl on Fri Aug 26 2011, 14:25

bellybaby quote:
"Some of you say that he should date someone older, less pretty, etc. but then I'm pretty sure that we would bash her for not being pretty enough, etc."

So then the poor guy is not allowed to date someone who is neither pretty or not pretty. Who is left? Oh wait, maybe he can date Stan or Grant. LOL

cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Posts : 5313
Join date : 2010-12-06
Location : NJ, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Charley on Fri Aug 26 2011, 14:52

Katiedot wrote:
What I'm wondering is how we get from "I don't like her" to "That gives me the right to criticise everything she does, hold her to impossible standards, exaggerate any fault I find in her behaviour or even make up bad things about her".

Betty doesn't get a fair hearing from George's fans and we seem to want to choose the worst possible interpretation of what she does in order to make her look bad. Or do you all not see that we do this?


Well that is just your opinion, which seems to be in the minority.

And why is so very unfair to make up things about Betty and every other girlfriend, but it's perfectly all right to make up bad things about George? That happens WAAAAAAYYYY more to him than to his girlfriends!

Charley
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Posts : 457
Join date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Katiedot on Fri Aug 26 2011, 17:58

The short answer is that it's not fair to make things up about either of them but when stuff about George is suspect someone here will always question it. So why doesn't that happen with Betty?

Katiedot
Admin

Posts : 12369
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by cindigirl on Fri Aug 26 2011, 18:20

Hi Katie, I think the simple reason we question stuff about George is that we like him better. I never made up stuff about Betty, she provides enough entertainment all by herself. LOL

cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Posts : 5313
Join date : 2010-12-06
Location : NJ, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by watching on Fri Aug 26 2011, 22:52

If we are having the "should we be hating on Bett"y debate, can I add this to also be discussed?



Can we seriously stop the high school viewpoint of "the reason fans hate the gf's is because they want to be the one dating Clooney" because that is BS - especialy on this site. People here are well aware of the skank loving history that come with Clooney and most people here have enough self respect and self esteem not to be another knotch on his bedhead. People are fans because of the work, the charity, the image he promoted back ion the ER days of being a good guy, and yes, because he is attractive. But I think if you polled most of the posters here who know his history in great detail, they wouldn't touch him with a 6 foot stick considering how often he gets around and how emotionally void it would be.

watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Posts : 2002
Join date : 2011-01-17
Location : A padded cell somewhere

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Henway on Fri Aug 26 2011, 23:29

People are fans because of the work, the charity, the image he promoted back ion the ER days of being a good guy, and yes, because he is attractive. But I think if you polled most of the posters here who know his history in great detail, they wouldn't touch him with a 6 foot stick considering how often he gets around and how emotionally void it would be.




Watching -I so agree but I would have said 6 foot pole, but then some would think I was referring to his remote package area, so good choice in stick.Very Happy

Henway
Clooney-phile

Posts : 729
Join date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 27 2011, 04:27

watching wrote:If we are having the "should we be hating on Bett"y debate, can I add this to also be discussed?



Can we seriously stop the high school viewpoint of "the reason fans hate the gf's is because they want to be the one dating Clooney" because that is BS - especialy on this site. People here are well aware of the skank loving history that come with Clooney and most people here have enough self respect and self esteem not to be another knotch on his bedhead. People are fans because of the work, the charity, the image he promoted back ion the ER days of being a good guy, and yes, because he is attractive. But I think if you polled most of the posters here who know his history in great detail, they wouldn't touch him with a 6 foot stick considering how often he gets around and how emotionally void it would be.



Thanks watching, well said!




LoiusLane sorry my comment was ment towards the Administration not you. I am a lttle pissed at this moment and removing my comments since I did not choose this topic title, sorry to all others if it makes your comments in complete.


That's ok Hen, no worries. I wasnt offended/upset, I wanted to make sure i was understood. Smile. If you want to remove them, remove them.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Katiedot on Sat Aug 27 2011, 05:58

watching wrote:Can we seriously stop the high school viewpoint of "the reason fans hate the gf's is because they want to be the one dating Clooney" because that is BS - especialy on this site.
I totally agree with you, Watching. Who's saying that?

Katiedot
Admin

Posts : 12369
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 27 2011, 12:14

ive not been a fan of George's for as long as some people but i did see pictures of Sarah Larson and actually thought he looked realy happy - more than he ever did with Eli/Betty or whatever name she is given, unfortunately from what i could see she (Sarah) made the terrible mistake of those bending over photos and thats what ended there relationship but please do correct me if i have that wrong


I did notice though that Sarah seemed pretty uncomfortable on the red carpet

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by cindigirl on Sat Aug 27 2011, 14:23

quote clooney 1970:
"unfortunately from what i could see she (Sarah) made the terrible mistake of those bending over photos and thats what ended there relationship"

I understand a lot of people think this is the reason for the Sarah, Gee breakup but it had to be more than that. If you want to compare Sarah's bending over to Eli's naked poses then you might as well compare an underwear ad to a porn ad. Eii has posed naked more than the Ivory Baby. LOL

And I always thought he look a lot happier with Sarah than the Italian Princess.


cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Posts : 5313
Join date : 2010-12-06
Location : NJ, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by MM on Sat Aug 27 2011, 23:46

cindigirl wrote:quote clooney 1970:
"unfortunately from what i could see she (Sarah) made the terrible mistake of those bending over photos and thats what ended there relationship"

I understand a lot of people think this is the reason for the Sarah, Gee breakup but it had to be more than that. If you want to compare Sarah's bending over to Eli's naked poses then you might as well compare an underwear ad to a porn ad. Eii has posed naked more than the Ivory Baby. LOL

And I always thought he look a lot happier with Sarah than the Italian Princess.






I'm glad Gee exiled the Italian Queen. LOL[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 992
Join date : 2011-04-10
Location : Cincinnati, Ohio

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by melbert on Sun Aug 28 2011, 16:16

Katiedot wrote:
watching wrote:Can we seriously stop the high school viewpoint of "the reason fans hate the gf's is because they want to be the one dating Clooney" because that is BS - especialy on this site.
I totally agree with you, Watching. Who's saying that?

me!?!?!?!?!?!?



Okay, let me clarify before you send the guys with the white jackets. I'm not deluded enough (well, that is the big question) to think I'd have a snowball chance in hell with the likes of our George. But, it is MY fantasy world and I don't want to wake up!!! My thing is - George is the only one I TRULY follow, however I have a passing interest in many others (don't tell George as I'll lose my status). When I see and hear Matt Damon and some others doting on their wives and/or significant others, you can hear and see the love flowing from them. Now mind you, I do realize that they are in front of the cameras and they're not going to air their dirty laundry. But, going by pictures and interviews only (as we are NOT there in their presence) it's very rare when we see any kind of emotion coming from George when he has been with his women. We know, from history, that George doesn't seem to display major PDA, and most of the others aren't gross with it, but the "love" doesn't seem to be anywhere on display. George has said he doesn't want marriage or kids. I really do respect that, and with the women he has paraded thusfar, I just wouldn't want to see that. There are little things about each of his previous women that aggravate the shit out of me, and I won't go in to any of that now, as most of it has been brought up in previous threads and posts and don't need to be rehashed. I sincerely want him to be happy with and proud of his work, his family and his "love" life. If he truly wants to boink a different person every night of the week and twice on Sunday, AND that is what makes him happy, then who are any of us to pass judgment on him, or on the women who do this (oh, by the way, I'm the twice on Sunday - lol). I love George for his body of work (his body too), his humanitarianism, his wit, his VOICE, his EYES, his BUTT... Do I hate any of his girlfriends - past, present or future? Hate is a very strong emotion and I hold that for important things. I am offended when these girls "get" him and then almost immediately try to change him into what they think he should be. Unless they were born under a rock last night, they know George's MO and they know they are disposable. I would hope that George doesn't promise them the moon to get his way with them. I don't believe that he does. I think that they have all not wanted to lose their "catch", but then end up doing exactly that when they open their mouths and make their demands public.

melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 19133
Join date : 2010-12-06
Location : George's House

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by blubelle on Sun Aug 28 2011, 18:37

IMO every girl that G dates knows the rules of the game. I think his choices are obvious. He likes them pretty, sexy, not to smart, and easily disposable. He doesn't want to waste his energy on a relationship. The gossip rags print what they want and we really don't know the truth. These ladies get what they can from the publicity and we try too hard to make sense of any of this. But ....it is fun.

blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 959
Join date : 2010-12-22

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by hathaross on Sun Aug 28 2011, 23:38

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1074
Join date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Charley on Sun Aug 28 2011, 23:53

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I'll second that!

Charley
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Posts : 457
Join date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 29 2011, 00:22

by the way, thanks Katie for changing the title of the thread.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by bellybaby on Mon Aug 29 2011, 14:00

People are fans because of the work, the charity, the image he promoted back ion the ER days of being a good guy, and yes, because he is attractive.

Um....no, I like him cuz I think he's hot. There are a TON of guys, really nice, good guys, that do alot of humanitarian work (Bono, Pitt..) that I don't follow, simply because they don't really appeal to me. It's a plus that he's like that, but that's not the appeal for me.

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 839
Join date : 2011-01-28

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by bellybaby on Mon Aug 29 2011, 14:07

cindigirl wrote:bellybaby quote:
"Some of you say that he should date someone older, less pretty, etc. but then I'm pretty sure that we would bash her for not being pretty enough, etc."

So then the poor guy is not allowed to date someone who is neither pretty or not pretty. Who is left? Oh wait, maybe he can date Stan or Grant. LOL

He's allowed to date whoever he wants. What I'm saying is that she could be homely as dirt and smart as a whip, but she'll be criticized for not being pretty enough. Or she could be beautiful and dumb, then "why doesn't he pick someone intellectually equal to himself". Or she could be beautiful and smart, and what everyone will think is age appropriate, and she's still gonna get criticized for something - whether it's her outfits, hairstyle, etc.
What if he dated Angelina? She's beautiful, smart, doesn't want to get married? (If she wasn't hooked up with Brad) She's apparently somewhat kinky (a little too weird maybe), a star in her own right. Would she have been good enough? I don't think so. There's always going to be something "wrong" with anyone he dates with his fans, imo.

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 839
Join date : 2011-01-28

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by cindigirl on Mon Aug 29 2011, 14:30

Agreed bellybady, according to his fans no girl is ever going to be good enough for him because I think a lot of them want him for themselves. Not me though because frankly I wouldn't know what to do with him most of the time (I said most of the time). LOL

Seriously as a fan I would just like to see him happy with or without a girl. With his humanatarianism and kindness no one deserves it more than him.

cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Posts : 5313
Join date : 2010-12-06
Location : NJ, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by MyGirlKylie on Mon Aug 29 2011, 16:08

blubelle wrote:IMO every girl that G dates knows the rules of the game. I think his choices are obvious. He likes them pretty, sexy, not to smart, and easily disposable. He doesn't want to waste his energy on a relationship. The gossip rags print what they want and we really don't know the truth. These ladies get what they can from the publicity and we try too hard to make sense of any of this. But ....it is fun.

Yeah Right




MyGirlKylie
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1067
Join date : 2011-04-10
Location :

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by lelacorb on Mon Aug 29 2011, 17:21

The Problems and when you fall in love you are not willing to stay the rules! want more or better to anything and everything you want. This is love. It can take as much or as little time but when you think you fall in love is always forever.

lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Posts : 3315
Join date : 2011-03-15
Location : Italy

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Ello on Tue Aug 30 2011, 04:22

"If I don't like you, then I want nothing to do with you" Watching

This is one thing I've never understood, posts on Betty always got by far the most comments - when she was with George, when she was by herself, didn't matter. If people didn't like her, why the massive interest? All that energy expended on such a non-entity seems a waste.


Ello
Clooneyfan

Posts : 107
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by LornaDoone on Tue Aug 30 2011, 05:15

Ok back on my soap box - I still could give a rats ass who he dates IF he weren't trying to be Mr. Humanitarian.

Go be Mr. Playboy movie actor and fuck any skank he wants and that's fine with me.

But put your self out there as the "spokesperson" for millions of people who have enough problems without having some "Do as I say not as I do" celebrity stumping for their cause and I have a problem with it.

FOR ME it's all about credibility.

But I've said this before and I've had plenty who disagree but that doesn't mean I've changed my mind.

But now that he's moved on from skankalis then IMO again, there can be less emphasis on her and what she is or isn't doing and maybe a little more emphasis on his film work and his humanitarian work.

This Stacy thing sounds like several one-night stands. The type he likes isn't gonna change - he's too old for that. But at least (so far) he's not dragging her down any red-carpets.

I do agree that SOME of his fans will NEVER find any of his girlfriends acceptable. But that's not how I feel. I still would like to see him with someone who has a little class, whose tits and ass I CAN'T google and see and maybe who has her own career that doesn't necessarily need to be in entertainment.

I know I've used this example before but Clint Eastwood's wife (although younger than him) was a news reporter and as far as I can tell if I Google her name I won't find naked pictures of her available on the internet.

There are plenty of good-looking, intelligent, kind, funny and sexy women who don't feel the need to show all their wares before you buy. If George could manage to grow a set and put himself out to maybe find that kind of gal, yes, I know it's SCARE-WEE but if he did that he might surprise himself and find that he CAN be happy with that type of gal. And he doesn't have to marry her but he should be open to committing himself to her and their relationship. It's just a matter of him not wanting to do it cause god-forbid he should put himself in a situation where he might get hurt again.

Life throws you some really hinky curve balls and George has had his share but, instead of picking himself up, brushing himself off and trying again - like most of us do - George decided not to play the game.

So he spends his energy on his "career" and with gals who even HE knows are not going to get his heart involved.

Again, all JMO.

LornaDoone
Moderator

Posts : 6692
Join date : 2011-01-06

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by lolo"layla" on Tue Aug 30 2011, 09:32

everybody have the right to love or hate who they want especially if the reasons are obvious u can't control ppl hearts or tastes .

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 943
Join date : 2010-12-31

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Sponsored content Today at 02:28


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum