Log in

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Serious Side
Today at 02:10 by ladybugcngc

» Clooney's baby?
Yesterday at 16:51 by amaretti

» George to visit Yerevan April 2017 for Aurora Prize 2.12.16
Yesterday at 13:20 by party animal - not!

» December 2016 Chit Chat
Thu Dec 01 2016, 17:57 by PigPen

» November 2016 Chit Chat
Wed Nov 30 2016, 15:49 by ladybugcngc

» Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16
Tue Nov 29 2016, 21:35 by carolhathaway

» George and the stylist from Esquire UK article January 2014
Tue Nov 29 2016, 17:42 by Joanna

» Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Sun Nov 27 2016, 03:58 by ladybugcngc

» New Nespresso ad filming in Miami? 24.1.16
Sun Nov 27 2016, 02:37 by Alisonfan

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Katiedot on Tue Aug 23 2011, 16:36

this is NOT an excuse for canalis who should have been happy to be with clooney wherever they were
Why? Is anyone ever happy every second of the day when they're with their boyfriend/husband just because they're with him? Always? So much so that nothing could ever make them unhappy? Even after three months in a place you don't particularly enjoy when your boyfriend invites his friends 20 years older than you and spends much of his time with them speaking a language you're not fluent in? Night after night after night?

So Betty didn't like small town life? That doesn't make her a bad person.

We're talking about real people here not a movie romance. We would be happy to be in Como with George but that's because we're fans. A girlfriend is not a fan (not in a healthy relationship anyway) and isn't going to automatically be thrilled just because she's in George's prescence.


Last edited by Katiedot on Fri Aug 26 2011, 07:01; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : changed title of the thread)

Katiedot
Admin

Posts : 12369
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by cindigirl on Tue Aug 23 2011, 16:47

I'm an avid fan of his but truthfully would not like to be anywhere with him every second of every day. I prefer everything in small doses and unlike him I need alone time. I don't think he has any of that but that's his life style and he apparently enjoys it.

cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Posts : 5313
Join date : 2010-12-06
Location : NJ, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by pattygirl on Tue Aug 23 2011, 16:49

Why, if she was not happy, didn't she leave for a while? She could have gone to Milan, or Sardinia to see parents. She wasn't a prisoner, was she? She wanted to be there, but she wanted to be the only one there. If I were unhappy in a situation like that, I would take off periodically, for a breather, and to visit friends and family.

Didn't she usually have a couple of her girlfriends with her most of the time? There were a number of photos with girls her own age and they seemed to be having a good time together.

Also, I remember reading somewhere that Eli studied English Language at University. If so, why does she have so much trouble with our language. Wouldn't expect perfection, but more knowledge than she seems to have.

pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Posts : 2825
Join date : 2011-02-26
Location : Staten Island, NY

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Katiedot on Tue Aug 23 2011, 17:04

Maybe she did Pattygirl? I've no idea how she spent her time in Como - not making friends with the locals, that's for sure! Although if she had spent time in the village talking to locals we'd have instantly criticised her for making a show of herself for the paps who throng the village and for talking about George. Look at the barrage of criticism she got just for buying a fish for his dinner once.

About the language, I grew up in Germany and speak and understand German pretty well. Studied it at school. But I can tell you that sitting through involed conversations with native speakers - especially when I don't know the people or events they're talking about - is really wearing and after a while you tend to tune out.

I can't tell how good her English is, but it seems to be ok. That's not the same as fluent.

I'm not trying to defend her. It's just that I have a really strong sense of fairness and I think Betty is being held up to impossible standards and then ripped apart when she fails to meet them. I think that's unfair and it grates on me. It was the same when he dated Sarah Larson and she got slammed for things that weren't really issues at all.

What I'm saying is that there's at least two ways of seeing a situation but for some reason we always choose the negative interpretation of Betty's behaviour. That's just unfair.

Or maybe she really is a completely unpleasant person with no redeeming features whatsoever, but if she is then I think it's unlikely George would even have given her time of day let alone dated her.


Last edited by Katiedot on Tue Aug 23 2011, 17:23; edited 2 times in total

Katiedot
Admin

Posts : 12369
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by lelacorb on Tue Aug 23 2011, 17:15

The problems between Gee and Betty aren't surely the language because she speaks English also not perfectly, and he understands and speaks italian, even if not well. I really like to hear him speak italian with his American pronunciation. It is very sexy

lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Posts : 3315
Join date : 2011-03-15
Location : Italy

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by doris day on Tue Aug 23 2011, 18:12

oh la la katie!finally a defense for betty now!since months i read only critics and all that does not work with her from the dresses to the way she acts with her dogs to the fact that may be she wants to open a shop or that she is in la while clooney is there;there were comments about what she could or not say about their relation and how much she got paid fot not saying a word and when she was caught in a pic with female friends she was too slim and when she was with a male friend she had already forgotten clooney,i read here that her english was awful,that she was smouting all the time,that she was so involved in the trial of berlusconi(we had miles of comments on that) that she could make a bad press for clooney;now its the first time that i read something that is not against her;
by the way i did not say that shes A BAD PERSON because she did not like laglio.
they never stayed in laglio for more than 20 days(you girls are the experts,tell me if im wrong)they were full of interesting guests,she was with the man we think she liked ,she took there also her friends,it was not IMO such an unbearable situation ,i mean,there is worse for all of us;

all this started because i said that laglio is not a funny place;this is my opinion;but i also think that she was not in a funny place in the best conditions she could be in;
and im happy that just for a change everybody is not screaming at her

doris day
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Posts : 383
Join date : 2011-02-07

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Henway on Tue Aug 23 2011, 18:48

I have removed my comment I did not choose this topic title my comments were moved to this new topic post.


Last edited by Henway on Thu Aug 25 2011, 21:11; edited 2 times in total

Henway
Clooney-phile

Posts : 729
Join date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Henway on Tue Aug 23 2011, 19:12

I have removed my comment I did not choose this topic title my comments were moved to this new topic post.


Last edited by Henway on Thu Aug 25 2011, 21:20; edited 1 time in total

Henway
Clooney-phile

Posts : 729
Join date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by pattygirl on Tue Aug 23 2011, 19:25

It really comes down to, George likes to f*ck girls, and these girls are so willingly f*ckable. They can be "nice" girls, but they let it be known that they like to scr*w around, but bouncing from one guy to the next. He'd never pick a virgin, because then he'd have that Irish Catholic guilt kick in and maybe feel that he had to marry her.

pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Posts : 2825
Join date : 2011-02-26
Location : Staten Island, NY

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Ello on Tue Aug 23 2011, 19:29

I agree with you Hen. I think they are picked to be shot at, then thrown away like a used tissue Basket

Ello
Clooneyfan

Posts : 107
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 23 2011, 19:31

Henway wrote:Why scream at Betty time to tear a part Stacy! cyclops

Hell I am ready to vote for Betty at DWTS so she can win and do what Stacy didn't. What a Face

lol!

Henway: I am tired of them both. Well, I am giving the benefit of the doubt to Eli. See if she works hard (if this DWS is true), shows a personality that is different from what we assumed she has due to her attitude on red carpets, silly interviews, etc. As you said, this new (allegedly) girlfriend/fling of_______ (Stacy- former lingerie wrestler) has stated she wants kids, etc. So far, I have read 2 or 3 articles (maybe you all posted here) that referred to her slow career and this "high profile relationship" has put her on the map again... I am just reading all the posts now and see if this article ted bothered to write was to either keep Eli away or to prepare/introduce his audience to his new girlfriend of _______ at VFF. We'll see how old George acts. Love3

ps: This is better than any soap opera! lol!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by pattygirl on Tue Aug 23 2011, 19:34

Good analogy. Would hate to be that disposable.

Yes, LL, it is better than a soap opera and they are rapidly dying out. At least in the US.

pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Posts : 2825
Join date : 2011-02-26
Location : Staten Island, NY

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by cindigirl on Tue Aug 23 2011, 19:35

I tried for so long to like Eli, focusing on the animal advocacy part of her, that is until there were pics of her dangling her dog from a harness. She smouted her way through the entire relationship, that is until the camera was catching her, then she smiled widely. Felt bad for her especially after their last dinner when it was clear he was breaking up with her outside the restaurant and she was clearly upset.

I don't know if she was criticized because of her personality or just jealousy because she was dating G who inidentally never looked very happy with her. I felt sorry for her and him many times because she always seemed to be caught in compromising positions (not talking bikini) and his name was linked.

But the truth is she's human just like the rest of us and makes mistakes although our mistakes aren't published internationally. I wish her the best in her future endeavors.

cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Posts : 5313
Join date : 2010-12-06
Location : NJ, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by sisieq on Wed Aug 24 2011, 01:33

cindigirl wrote:I tried for so long to like Eli, focusing on the animal advocacy part of her, that is until there were pics of her dangling her dog from a harness. She smouted her way through the entire relationship, that is until the camera was catching her, then she smiled widely. Felt bad for her especially after their last dinner when it was clear he was breaking up with her outside the restaurant and she was clearly upset.

I don't know if she was criticized because of her personality or just jealousy because she was dating G who inidentally never looked very happy with her. I felt sorry for her and him many times because she always seemed to be caught in compromising positions (not talking bikini) and his name was linked.

But the truth is she's human just like the rest of us and makes mistakes although our mistakes aren't published internationally. I wish her the best in her future endeavors.
Sorry, cindigirl, but count me out. I am far from perfect and do make mistakes, but am far from EC's lifestyle. I've posted this many times (here, CU and IMDB) - I don't like her. She is a User. I don't respect the way she has chosen to live her life and the way she makes money. I don't try to like her. One good quality doesn't make a person.

I would NEVER wish her harm or ill health. Then I would feel bad for her.

I know we go back to the say old: then why do we like George if this is the women he choses. I don't know how to explain it and I truly do not I have the time at the moment, but it is kind of different.

Edited to add: TRULY wasn't mocking your opinion!!! Hug1 Just letting you and others how I feel about it.

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Posts : 2477
Join date : 2010-12-07

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by pattygirl on Wed Aug 24 2011, 01:46

You know that old saw about liking "the bad boy". Let's face it, by choosing the type of woman he does, it makes him the bad boy. He's sexy, charming, gorgeous, funny and outrageous. He is a fantastic actor, director and humanitarian. How could we not like him?

pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Posts : 2825
Join date : 2011-02-26
Location : Staten Island, NY

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 24 2011, 01:49

I understand what you're saying, Sisieq! I think she did something mean to George. And that does not warrant my respect. I don’t like how she lives her life especially when she had so many chances. But, I also don’t wish her ill. I just want her to go away and live her life and leave George alone! He’s a lot happier now, you can see it! I also don’t care to follow her on this (a George) forum but it seems others want to just like on all the other forums. To me, she’s old history and that’s where she will stay in my eyes. No offense to those who enjoy this, though! Please don’t be mad at me! I love talking to every one of you even if you don’t agree with my opinions! Give Flowers2

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by sisieq on Wed Aug 24 2011, 02:11

Cinderella wrote:I understand what you're saying, Sisieq! I think she did something mean to George. And that does not warrant my respect.
For me, it has nothing to do with George. I would still have the same opinion about her.

I respect everyone here and I TRULY don't feel anyone is wrong in how they feel about this topic and why.

Regarding talking about his exes - here and at CU, seperate threads are set up just for that reason. LOL! Hug1 LOL, its your fault for keep reading them! tongue

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Posts : 2477
Join date : 2010-12-07

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by pattygirl on Wed Aug 24 2011, 03:00

Cindy, Why would we be mad at you for having an opinion. We all have different opinions. That's why we do this.

pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Posts : 2825
Join date : 2011-02-26
Location : Staten Island, NY

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Katiedot on Wed Aug 24 2011, 04:03

Henway wrote:They just make it to dang easy.
Yeah I know, but just because it's easy doesn't make it right. JMO.

Katiedot
Admin

Posts : 12369
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Henway on Wed Aug 24 2011, 07:39

I have removed my comment I did not choose this topic title my comments were moved to this new topic post.


Last edited by Henway on Thu Aug 25 2011, 21:22; edited 1 time in total

Henway
Clooney-phile

Posts : 729
Join date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by marina on Wed Aug 24 2011, 11:24

Henway said:


People earn respect, respect is not a privilege. I' am so tired of people feeling they are owed, when they have done nothing for it. She chose her career path to be in the public eye, and with any public position criticism comes with that. If you can not take the heat get out of the kitchen. NO one made them flash their ass, they chose to do that, they did it to get a rise out of people, so I can easily say what they did/does does not make it right. It will just go in a circle, around and around.
Hen, i totally agree with you and I was voting your post when I put the wrong signal.
I just wake up, no coffee...Please, where you are seeing a red vote you should see a green vote, Ok? Lol
need some coffee right now!

marina
Clooneyfan

Posts : 117
Join date : 2011-03-01
Location : Brazil

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Katiedot on Wed Aug 24 2011, 16:44

pattygirl wrote:Maybe we should just start a thread called George's Sex Life and How We'd Like It To Be (with us)
Go for it!

BTW, Katie and Admin are one and the same person!

Coming back to Henway's comment, I'm not sure where respect comes into the equation. I for one don't like, admire or respect her life choices. But I don't think that gives me the right to pull her apart actively seeking out the negative in everything she does - inventing it if necessary - and that's what I feel sometimes happens here.

I'm not going all Pollyanna on you! If she fucks up, then by all means rip her a new one. All I'm asking is for us all to tone down the cattiness a little bit.



[this post was badly written by me. It was meant to say, bringing the conversation back to what Henway and I were talking about earlier, I'm not sure why respect was coming into the equation. Then I should have started a new paragraph and made it clear I was no longer addressing Henway]


Last edited by Katiedot on Thu Aug 25 2011, 08:44; edited 2 times in total

Katiedot
Admin

Posts : 12369
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Henway on Thu Aug 25 2011, 04:12

I have removed my comment I did not choose this topic title my comments were moved to this new topic post.





Last edited by Henway on Thu Aug 25 2011, 21:25; edited 2 times in total

Henway
Clooney-phile

Posts : 729
Join date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Katiedot on Thu Aug 25 2011, 04:28

No I'm not Henway. I'm referring to comments made by many posters over a period of time.

Katiedot
Admin

Posts : 12369
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 25 2011, 04:40

The only things i mentioned about elephant her were basically made towards how she came across im public, so far i have not seen anything different to apologize. As far as i remember i did not criticize her physical traits. But if george' shenanigans with former lingerie wretler is to pi* s off her i think is immature and i said it before.
By the way, i cannot believe we are still commenting about them. lol!


Last edited by LouisLane on Thu Aug 25 2011, 04:42; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Charley on Thu Aug 25 2011, 05:39

With all due respect Katie - why did you mention Henway specifically then? You didn't say, "comments typified by Henway's" you said, "coming back to Henway's comment". That's pretty specific. I appreciate it must be hard to monitor everyone's posts, but if you're complaining about a wave of similar comments, you shouldn't pick one person out from the crowd.



I know that Betty must have redeeming features - there must be some things about her that are nice. She has friends and acquaintences who seem to like her (Hell there were people who liked Hitler). But we only know her from her association with George. And yes he picked her, but like others here and on other forums, I believe he picked her because he knew he would never fall in love with her and so have her "interrupt" his work. I never saw a man in love, or in any great lust for that matter, and from the very beginning the relationship was pretty much part-time - there were so many instances when she could have been with him, and would have loved to have been with him because there were lots of cameras around, but she wasn't and that was HIS decision, not hers IMO.

And so by what SHE opted to show us - the smouts, the "down-her-nose" looks, the "I'm the star, not him" demeanour and the thousand and one "bum-in-our-face" poses - we have made up our own minds about her. And we treat her just the way she treated us, with complete and utter disrespect and contempt, because IMHO she was telling all of George's fans to "F**K OFF LOSERS" with the aforementioned behaviours. And now that she's the loser, she's awfully quiet, because she's found that without him, she's no one.

Charley
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Posts : 457
Join date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Katiedot on Thu Aug 25 2011, 07:10

Charley wrote: With all due respect Katie - why did you mention Henway specifically then? .

Because by the time I posted the subject of the thread had changed. I wasn't addressing her personally just pointing out that I was continuing an earlier conversation.



Charley wrote: But we only know her from her association with George.

See, I disagree here. We don't even know George and we're read and heard a lot more from/about him than we ever have about Betty, but alsmot everything we know has been polished and directed by a PR team. I don't think we know her at all. We look at pictures and video footage and decide to put our own interpretation on what we see.



Charley wrote:And yes he picked her, but like others here and on other forums, I believe he picked her because he knew he would never fall in love with her and so have her "interrupt" his work. I never saw a man in love, or in any great lust for that matter, and from the very beginning the relationship was pretty much part-time - there were so many instances when she could have been with him, and would have loved to have been with him because there were lots of cameras around, but she wasn't and that was HIS decision, not hers IMO.

Yep, I totally agree with that. Not sure what it has to do with fans not liking her though.


Charley wrote: And so by what SHE opted to show us - the smouts, the "down-her-nose" looks, the "I'm the star, not him" demeanour and the thousand and one "bum-in-our-face" poses - we have made up our own minds about her. And we treat her just the way she treated us, with complete and utter disrespect and contempt, because IMHO she was telling all of George's fans to "F**K OFF LOSERS" with the aforementioned behaviours.

I think this is where we have to agree to disagree. I don't think the fans ever once entered her mind when she behaved like this, so there's no way it's directed at us. I'm not going to take something personally when I don't think it was meant personally.



I don't think that this has to be an either/or situation. You don't have to either completely love Betty or totally hate her. What I'm trying to find is a middle ground.



I don't like her and don't think much of the way she's chosen to live her life. That doesn't mean I'm going to run around writing vindictive comments about her all the time either.



I'm a little worried sometimes about the level of hatred on this forum and I wonder why this is when she's done nothing to any of us, other than date George Clooney. I think your last paragraph, Charley, explains a lot to me.



Am I right in thinking that some fans do take her behaviour as a personal offence?

Katiedot
Admin

Posts : 12369
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Charley on Thu Aug 25 2011, 07:35

[quote="Katiedot"][quote="Charley"]
Because by the time I posted the subject of the thread had changed. I wasn't addressing her personally just pointing out that I was continuing an earlier conversation.



The way you wrote it, it was addressing Henway personally!




I think your last paragraph, Charley, explains a lot to me.

Meaning?

Charley
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Posts : 457
Join date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Katiedot on Thu Aug 25 2011, 08:11

It wasn't well written, I agree. That's why when Henway asked, I clarified.

Your last paragraph ["And we treat her just the way she treated us, with complete and utter disrespect and contempt"] explains (I think) why some fans are so negative about Betty, over and above what I think is fair.

I don't see her behaviour as personal against us so I don't take it offensively. But your last paragraph read to me that you do take her behaviour personally. If you do, then others might too and that would explain why there's this high level of hatred when she's done nothing to any of us other than date George Clooney.

That's not something that's ever occurred to me before.


Last edited by Katiedot on Thu Aug 25 2011, 08:14; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : trying to correct the spacing)

Katiedot
Admin

Posts : 12369
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Charley on Thu Aug 25 2011, 08:58

I've seen your posts in most other (George) forums and blogs that I visit. If you haven't seen the posts ala "she thinks she's so much better than everyone else/us just because she's dating/f**king George Clooney, then you must skim over a lot of posts. And in my last paragraph I was not speaking exclusively of me, I was speaking on behalf of, and with those posts I've paraphrased in my second sentence here, in mind. You seemed perplexed as to why there is such acrimony against her - I was explaining why.

Charley
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Posts : 457
Join date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Katiedot on Thu Aug 25 2011, 10:36

Yes, I've been posting on pretty much all of George's forums and blogs for about 10 years and you're right, I am perplexed at the level of hate expressed against his girlfriends which seems out of all proportion.

I don't think I've ever seen a fan write that they're taking his current girlfriend's actions personally which is why this explanation hasn't occurred to me.

For me this just isn't personal. I dislike Betty and don't think she'll ever do anything to make me change my opinion of her, but I don't hate her.

Katiedot
Admin

Posts : 12369
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Charley on Thu Aug 25 2011, 12:05

Maybe I've expressed myself badly in these posts, but not to the extent that you should be so hung up on this word "personal".

I think Betty's whole demeanour throughout her two years with George was that she was above everyone else - even sometimes George (hence the "I'm the star, not him" comment) - her every action and pose screamed it. And because of her so-called "career", the whole world was able to see just how low she would go to achieve fame. The whole world could see that she had absolutely no reason to put herself on any pedestal or to act as though she was/is better than anyone. I've known people like that (most of us have): someone who thinks they're better than anyone else. I've never taken their attitude personally and I don't take Betty's personally. But it's that attitude coupled with those career choices that make people ridicule and abuse Betty, and question her sincerity in everything she does. As someone said, "she makes it so easy".

The fact that Betty acts as she does is offensive to me even though it's not personally directed at me, because I'm offended by the words, the attitude, the expressions, the demeanour, the behaviour of someone who has no right whatsoever to think that much of themselves. She's done NOTHING to be respected or admired for, so she shouldn't act as though she has.

You don't need to be "personally" offended by an attitude or a retort to be offended: I am mightily offended by the attitude and expressions of some Republican candidates to Barack Obama, but I’m not “personally” offended by those people.

Conversely, I can be (and have been) inspired and encouraged by the words and actions of someone who is not speaking to me personally. It’s different sides of the same coin.

Charley
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Posts : 457
Join date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 25 2011, 12:25

I dislike Betty and don't think she'll ever do anything to make me change my opinion of her, but I don't hate her.



I could not hate her because I never loved her, so...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by lelacorb on Thu Aug 25 2011, 12:28

Sorry Charleybut I do not understand what you're talking about, maybe you should give examples of what you say seems because hot air!

lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Posts : 3315
Join date : 2011-03-15
Location : Italy

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Dexterdidit on Thu Aug 25 2011, 13:05

I actually do understand what Charley is saying. I don't hate Eli but she does annoy me. Like a pesky fly that just won't go away. Bette is one of those people who wants to be famous it doesn't matter that she has no talent. Yes I know there are a lot like that about in Hollywood but George dated this one. Let's face it if he hadn't most of us would never have heard about and she wouldn't on DWTS etc. This stuff happens with all of George's girlfriends and Eli has gotten no worse then any of the others. It is just that it has gone on longer and is continuing because she isn't going away. I think that is why bad feelings are continuing even though they aren't together any longer. Once the next girl comes along if she is of the same ilk it will start again. Eli has a way of getting up some people's noses and it has been in part to her attitude and her smouting. Maybe she is a natural smouter and looking like she deserves better then others are just bad pictures but there have been an awful lot of those pictures. So far she hasn't done anything to endear herself except show how little talent she has and stuff up great opportinities. If she really wants a career she is going to need to work on her people skills. To be on Tv you have to be liked to be watched if you turn people off then you won't get hired. There are people you see on TV everyday and even though you don't know them you get feelings of either like or dislike. My mother didn't like a top rating aussie tv presenter and we were never allowed to watch the show. There are politicians who we like and dislike we don't know them but we get feelings and emotions towards one political party and person of that party. Same with actors, singers etc. I couldn't stand Merly Streep for years I just didn't get what people saw in her. Years later I saw her in something and really liked her after that it was fine. It can also work the opposite you really like someone then they do something or make a really bad movie you can't forgive them for. I loved Nick Cage for years and years and then he went so mainstream he just lost his appeal to me. If Eli wants to live in the world of celebrity which she has gone out of her way too do she will have to develop a tough skin people are going to judge her. Some will love her and others won't! I hope I haven't muddled things Charley. I do understand Katie's point sometimes I see some people going too far and I do feel a little uncomfortable but that can go for both sides. I really try not to name call and I would never wish her any harm. But while she continues to be associated with George I will comment just like I do when things about Lisa comes up etc. We have kept track of George's exes they come up in the press linked to him no matter how long ago they were together and it will be the same with Eli!

Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Posts : 2772
Join date : 2010-12-06
Location : Somewhere in Oz

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Lighterside on Thu Aug 25 2011, 14:06

Katie think back to the Clooneyfiles days and ask yourself what's different about things now. Nothing. It's been this way forever and there's nothing about Betty which is being handled any differently by George's fans than it was during/after Sarah, Krista, Lisa etc. in their respective time as the girlfriend of..."same sh*t, different day" as they say.

And you can believe if you want that these women don't consider the fans in the equation but I think that's exceptionally naive of you.

Betty knew EXACTLY what was being said about her, everywhere George's fans gathered to discuss his life. And as a result, her behavior was modified and it was obvious to those watching that she had either been reading the forums/blogs again or her PR people were and informing her because the resulting behavior modification was obvious to everyone.

The term "smout" was coined about Betty...she earned it too, through her actions. And from day one, everyone knew that "smout" was meant to say "I'm dating/f*cking George Clooney and YOU'RE NOT"...that was a given. In fact, I think I could probably come up with a few quotes from Just Jared where her "fans" remind people of that fact, when others are making nasty or objectionable comments about her.

I would imagine that if you checked what was being said about people like Paris Hilton or Kim Kardashian you would find much the same type of comments about them.

It's what's perceived by the fans that matters, not reality so much....isn't that what PR is all about?

Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Posts : 1497
Join date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by cindigirl on Thu Aug 25 2011, 14:37

Dex, that was a good analogy on how we feel about Eli. Of course we don't know her but stll manage to find her annoying. And it's not just because of her association with George. There are some people who are liked at first glance, but she has that snobbish, I am better than you look about her. The only time we saw her look sincere was with her friends, and sometimes not even then.

When she was with G she had that "look at me, I'm more important than anyone" attitude, and certainly better than him. Her demeanor was he was lucky to be with her. I think that's why she got the reputation as "Italian Queen."

Even folks at, for example, Celebitchy, pointed out her holier-than-thou look. It's amazing how some people, although they're not worth shit, are so self-confident that they don't see who they really are.


Last edited by cindigirl on Thu Aug 25 2011, 14:41; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : eliminated extra spaces)

cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Posts : 5313
Join date : 2010-12-06
Location : NJ, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by MM on Thu Aug 25 2011, 15:15

Bettabuns needs to grow up. She likes to make her living off of men, and she targeted Gee all because he is an A-lister. Well, her plan didn't work because it blew up in her face, all account of her flapping mouth. I wonder if she had ulterior motives for her association with Gee.

MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 992
Join date : 2011-04-10
Location : Cincinnati, Ohio

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by maria4 on Thu Aug 25 2011, 15:27

This attitude began when the story began with G, but not for the reasons you say, remember when MTV showed the transmission, before greeting guests and kissed, kissed them after no more and the co-host told her one day : by Eli! (Like saying that you can do it!) - I wonder on how to wash the brain must have been the team of George.
P.S. In Italy the famous people do not smile as they see the photographers!

maria4
Getting serious about George

Posts : 51
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 25 2011, 16:03

Okay, I said I would not post on this thread again but this is a very interesting subject. Being a newbie I will voice my opinion fleetingly. I saw the coverage of Eli arriving in London to meet George at the hotel right before the break. If that “tensing up the lips in a small round circle” was not a “kiss my butt because I don’t care what you think” look then call me completely stupid. I saw it. If you see that episode different, please explain. I’d love to hear someone say, “That was her being a very nice person and very happy to be here in front of the public.” And her say, “I’m here to support my boyfriend, who needs me, see how happy I am to be here for him?” (insert sarcasm) In this type of a career you must always consider how the public sees your actions, demeanor and choices. She blatantly said “screw off” to the public. She is very observant about the cameras, she displayed a message, and that message was received. Then George dumped her. IMHO

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Why do George's fans seem to hate his girlfriends?

Post by Katiedot on Thu Aug 25 2011, 18:28

Guys! I don't need a list of reasons why you don't like her. I have a long enough list of my own!

What I'm asking, and obviously not doing a good job of it, is how we get from "I don't like her" to "So I can be completely bitchy about her, hold her to impossible standards, exaggerate wildly on any fault I find in her behaviour or even make up bad things about her".

Do you see what I mean? I'm not asking why each of his girlfriends are so hated, but why some fans' response is so disproportionate to what she's actually done.

@Lighterside: yes, the hate for Betty is the same as the hate for all his girlfriends. I'm not specifically talking only about her, just using her as an example because she's the most recent one. We could just as easily insert 'Lisa', 'Celine', 'Krista' or 'Sarah' into the sentence and be having the same conversation.

The same thing gets written about all of his girlfriends. The specific reasons for hating the girlfriend may change but the attitude doesn't.

If you don't mind, I think I've taken this thread waaaaay off topic, so I'll move the relevant posts to a new thread.

Katiedot
Admin

Posts : 12369
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 25 2011, 18:48

Speaking for myself, i had never paid attention to any girlfriend of until eli should up in the picture. Whatever i know about them is based on what i have read here. Thinking way back, george was happy with celine and , in my opinion, she should not included in the girlfriend of pack. Unless, there are similar stories about her behavior and past jobs that i am not aware of them...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by cindigirl on Thu Aug 25 2011, 18:59

Reason I don't like Eli is because of the way she acts. I started disliking her from the beginning at the London premiere, when she wore that godawful dress and she looked like she was doing him a favor by being with him. He kissed her and she literally looked down her nose at him. He deserves a lot better than that. And she hasn't endeared herself to I don't think anyone else since.

I don't dislike any woman just because she's "dating" George. I really liked Sarah Larson and he looked a lot happier with her.

cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Posts : 5313
Join date : 2010-12-06
Location : NJ, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by cindigirl on Thu Aug 25 2011, 19:21

Check out photo #4. George looks like he'd rather be on another planet!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Posts : 5313
Join date : 2010-12-06
Location : NJ, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Katiedot on Thu Aug 25 2011, 19:47

LouisLane wrote: Thinking way back, george was happy with celine and , in my opinion, she should not included in the girlfriend of pack. Unless, there are similar stories about her behavior and past jobs that i am not aware of them...

Ooh yes. Take a look at what was posted on a George fanboard way back when:

"The only thing that really, really ticked me off was when People Magazine put her in as one of the 50 Beautiful People. That is usually reserved for people who accomplish something (other than dating George). "

"I didnt think that her 50 most beautiful was fair to all those people who truly had a career beside sleeping with George Clooney, and I always believed it was to suck up to him, and as I said should have read "People's 50 Most beautiful, I am sleeping with George Clooney" because at the time, she had done nothing, and to my knowledge still havent, to merit such a list. Pretty yes, not beautful and not as deserving as some that didnt get the list. "

"It was totally inappropriate that she was EVER on that list and an insult to all the actresses/models who work hard to build a CAREER in the business and don't just try to sleep their way to success"

"Charisma? Based on WHAT? Maybe if I had seen her on TV I could judge that. But all I have to go on is a few pics. And I don't see any personality. "

"Celine strikes me as someone who will always take her of herself first, no matter the cost, she saw she wasnt getting a ring, she took door number two, cash and house, not bad for a part time student waitress"

"I think as time went on, her true nature wared with her adopted one in a way. She did start dating George while living with someone else, and after her first visit, she talked about the house, the gorunds, the tennis courts, etc and soon afterwards, she sold her things (which cant have been much since he was paying for everything) and made a play for what she thought was a sure thing"

"Somebody please explain to me how this woman can have a fan site? She hasn't done anything to HAVE fans"

"i dont get that either, never have been able to. I mean the only thing she did was sleep with someone famous, and THEN a little modeling, but certainly nothing until him and not enough to warrant a fan site, IMO"

"how strange is that ? now all girls that George have slept with a going to want a fan site LOL....."

"I know isnt that just freakin off...I mean its a penis for god's sake not a lighting rod for finding talent! how is it that people who work for years in the business get nothing, she waits on George, they date, shack up and break up and WHAM!!! she gets a fan site!!! I dont get it, I really dont."

"Maybe she is just enamored with herself, or maybe she has an agent who is doing it. It's all too weird. We have shows like that here in the States but these people are not adored. It's like as soon as she got on the show [she didn't last long, remember] she had "fans". It's a little too calculated for me to think it's real."


"One of her front teeth overlaps the other...it's crooked"

"IMO celine out stay her welcome what should have been a one year relationship stretched to 3, George cheated on her within the first year( do you remember the blonde with the big boobs he so call dance partner it made all the papers )why would a woman stay with a man like this , there was another rumour that he offer her 1 million dollars so she could be financially independence but she knock it back she was probably thinking if in a year his is willing to give me a million what will he give me for longer these two had nothing in common but sex and that all she was..pretty sex partner with a cute accent .... "


"In reality Celine may be a nice girl, but she is also greedy and saw the main chance and took it. If she didnt want the fame and crap, what stopped her from marrying someone not in the business and having a "normal" life, instead, he works at a career that was started by and financed partly by George. "


"Remember when she was asked if she got jealous and she said no, but George did and he carried a "photo of me in his gym bad and if some other man is talking to me or looking at me, he lets it be known that they should cast their eyes elsewhere" not exactly a woman who didnt know what was for sale, and not exatly a woman who was concerned on how yapping about her lover's jealousy might affect him, she as only concerned about how it made HER look. "


"Celine use ot hang out in CAnnes before she met George, which always amused me when he talked about how she didnt like fame"

"WOW. It sure does sound like meeting George was very calculated. It could have been anyone. She was determined to meet a star and get to Hollywood. "


"she was certainly aware of Hollywood, stars, and she had been around them, working, but around them, and lets not forget, the Barfly is an upscale bar that she worked at, and I am sure she wasnt hired because she had great serving skills. "


You could replace Celine with Betty or Sarah in any of these quotes and not see any difference.

Katiedot
Admin

Posts : 12369
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by MM on Thu Aug 25 2011, 20:10

pattygirl wrote:It really comes down to, George likes to f*ck girls, and these girls are so willingly f*ckable. They can be "nice" girls, but they let it be known that they like to scr*w around, but bouncing from one guy to the next. He'd never pick a virgin, because then he'd have that Irish Catholic guilt kick in and maybe feel that he had to marry her.





George just wants the sex. He goes through women like a box of Kleenex.

MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 992
Join date : 2011-04-10
Location : Cincinnati, Ohio

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 25 2011, 20:24

Sad - I guess I should explain my tears. It makes me sad that people see George as a sex crazed maniac. I dated before my marriage as, I’m certain, some of you did, too. If I was famous, maybe you’d think the same about me. How many “girlfriends” has George had? If all of his girlfriends are listed in the other posts, then I’m missing something. He’s 50 years old. That list doesn’t look very long to me. Just wondering… scratch


Last edited by Cinderella on Thu Aug 25 2011, 20:55; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Henway on Thu Aug 25 2011, 20:35

All my comments above have been moved to a new post? Am I correct on this? I do not remember commenting on a post Titled- Why do some of George's fans seem to hate his girlfriends? Suspect Hate is a strong word to use when I do not know these women. I dislike there choices does not mean I hate them. I am not happy with your choice in title, specially since it seems my comments have been moved from it's main post. You have changed the title to something I may have commented differently on or choosen not to comment on.

Henway
Clooney-phile

Posts : 729
Join date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by cindigirl on Thu Aug 25 2011, 20:35


George just wants the sex. He goes through women like a box of Kleenex.

Or maybe more often than he changes his socks? LOL

cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Posts : 5313
Join date : 2010-12-06
Location : NJ, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 25 2011, 20:37

Katie, i beg to differ on the matter. Some comments have a point. She is pretty but just made the list because she was in a high profile celebrity relationship. If she did not want anything with fame why modeling? Last one, why she has a fan site? I had no idea and wonder the same thing and i dont think i am being disrespectful to her. The comments of her wanting family is because yhey forgot she was 23 when they started dating and 3 years later she wanted more from a steady relationship. In this case, gorge was in his late 30's to 40's and should know better.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: George's fans feelings about his girlfriends

Post by Sponsored content Today at 02:23


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum